Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show and Tell #1 a Newbie "free for all"

+24
Doe
Creabella
JennyNixe
BurningBright
whiskerly
MissHeidi
Mandi from Tazzie
kingsmeadmama
Appren
FacesBySarah
shadowdrawing
Lacey's Faces
dartiegirl
Painted Expressions
l!zzie
Facepainting by Tina
ladysinaz
facesbybelle
LeilaniMassage
daphne78
Kammy
amylady222
AngelBare
Valerie A
28 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" Empty Show and Tell #1 a Newbie "free for all"

Post by Valerie A Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:11 pm

AmyLady so graciously started the Challenges for us newbies (down the hall from the pros, in a little room, with our comfy chairs--as Kammie described it Laughing ) until we feel ready to go out and "face" the pros Wink

It seemed like we should have a place to put whatever strikes our fancy that isn't in the challenges. So here it is.

Anyone want to go first?

Last edited by Valerie A on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Valerie A
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" Empty Re: Show and Tell #1 a Newbie "free for all"

Post by AngelBare Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:24 pm

Give me a few minutes to upload to photobucket and I'll have some pics of today's doodles Very Happy
AngelBare
AngelBare

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2012-05-02

Back to top Go down

Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" Empty Re: Show and Tell #1 a Newbie "free for all"

Post by AngelBare Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:29 pm

I practiced for a while this afternoon while sitting in the cafe at school. I got plenty of compliments but no victims lol!

Tinkerbell
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Hello Kitty

And some line work (I'm so ready to try out a different black than Snazaroo)
AngelBare
AngelBare

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:43 pm

Wow, AngelBare, you don't waste anytime even sitting in the cafe! I think I need to start taking a few paints with me too Wink Surprised you didn't get any "victims" clown those are so cute!
Valerie A
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelBare Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:46 pm

Thanks! I was kind of surprised too, as college kids usually go for that kind of thing (thay are past the "but it's not cool" thing i think lol) but it was kinda late and I missed the lunch crows. The lady at the table with me was interested but she was on her way to work after.

Edit: oh, believe me, I waste plenty of time. I have business-related errands that should have been done weeks ago. I'm the worlds worst procrastinator, lol!
AngelBare
AngelBare

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:42 pm

Yeah! I am so excited--I will have to post some of my stuff here soon! Thanks NieleA
amylady222
amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:30 am

So far, it's easier for me to do 'pictures' than things with linework.
Here's one I did recently.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by Valerie A on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valerie A
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:48 am

ARGH! I posted a bigggg post here yesterday and the system ate it! It did! Sad I shall stubbornly post it again. That'll teach it. Here goes:

YAY! What a great idea, Niele - somewhere we can randomly just post things for each other to see and be inspired by! I might end up posting a few things that are already elsewhere, as then I'll know they're here in our wee newbie lounge. Laughing

I call this first set "Adventures and Misadventures in Rose Painting"...
Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" Faces_15 Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" Naught11 Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" Red_ro12

Next, with a big nod to dear Lizzie for getting me addicted to the darned things.....a wee wuppie-fest! This first one's lost and annoyed because he can't find his way off my cheek:
Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" Spurne12
These two are in love:
Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" Wuppie13
This one's creating a new one!
Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" Wuppie14
And this stubbly little one's been sailing the high seas, searching for treasure...
Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" Pirate11

Tee hee. Every time I look at the peg leg on that last one, I can't stop laughing.

Last edited by Kammy on Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Kammy
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:49 am

Niele, that palm tree sunset face is beautiful! I'm really impressed!
Kammy
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:29 pm

Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" Img_4212

My 7 year old designed this and had me paint it.

Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" Img_4213

My teeth are messed up--gotta work on those, but the rest I am pretty happy with for my first time.

Thanks for this thread!!

Any suggestions are always welcome!!
amylady222
amylady222

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:30 pm

NeileA--very pretty love the colors

Kammy--so fun!

everyone is doing great! Love the Newbie supports!!
amylady222
amylady222

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:02 pm

Kammy, love your work, as usual. Especially liked that black/grey/white flower, was that a split? or did you just mix the colors on your brush/sponge? That pirate wuppie has me cracking up! My husband has a 'peg leg' Wink and a good sense of humor, maybe I'll be able to talk him in to letting me paint that on him sometime pirat (He even had to wear an eye patch some years ago, so we bought him a pirate hand-hook at Disneyland, another friend got him a stuffed parrot, my daughter supplied her Jack Sparrow hat and he delightedly posed for pictures for all of us! He is a real sweetie I love you )

Amylady, I'm envious of your linework! especially brave of you to do all those V shaped lines on your little model. They came out great! Also love your beastie mask! Great colours, and I like the little markings inside of it that give it 'interest.'
Valerie A
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by daphne78 Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:09 pm

Wanted to try a dragon ;D
Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" Dsc_1410
daphne78
daphne78

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2012-08-22

http://daphneschminkt.webklik.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by LeilaniMassage Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:43 pm

oh they're all so lovely!!

Angelbare - I love the hello kitty & your swirls!
NieleA - the scene is very pretty and the photo too!
Kammy - I really like the pinkyorange roses! They're gorgeous! The critters are so cute!
Amylady - I like your masks! I watched this video recently and liked it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwbvDPwx8ko
Daphne - your dragon is fabulous!!
LeilaniMassage
LeilaniMassage

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2012-09-25

http://www.leilanimassage.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:01 pm

Daphne,
Your dragon is fabulous. You should post it over in the weekly "linework" challenge too, because it is a nice display of linework! Very Happy

Leilani, thanks for the complement...and the complement on the photo too (it is in our yard, and that is a palm tree behind her. My husband has 135 palm trees growing here on our property in Oregon! It's his Manhattan Beach roots I guess sunny )
Valerie A
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelBare Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:17 pm

Everyone's work look so wonderful! I tried some eye art last night, but I had to take my glasses off to do it, and when I put them back on to get a better look it was an "oh no" moment, lol!
AngelBare
AngelBare

Back to top Go down

Post by facesbybelle Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:04 pm

Wow, can't believe how fast everyone posted! Great job!!
Love the mermaid, hello kitty, and the island design is so cool. The mask by Amylady222 love all the outer details and the colors are perfect for fall. The flowers are great, I'm actually working on my flowers now Very Happy I love doing dragons, although I don't do them as well as Niele's. Going to start painting bounce
facesbybelle
facesbybelle

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2011-03-20

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Faces-by-Belle/20513790

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:07 pm

Ohhh, love love LOVE everything here.

Amy: I love both your daughter's (almost native-ish/tribal) mask design, and your execution of it. The colours are great and your line work is really good! As for your monster, it's certainly better than I could do right now, and I like the way you've done the shading on it. I bet the little boy (your son?) was thrilled. Smile

Valerie (yay, can call you that now you've changed your name, and everyone will still know who I'm talking to!): thank you! The white roses were done with the "Naughty Fairy" split cake from Cameleon. I'm really loving their Colorblocks, you should seriously try some. Your hubby sounds a treasure - tell him I dedicate my pirate wuppie to him and his awesome sense of humour. Laughing I think it's healthy to make fun of things about yourself. I'm blind in one eye and have been known to call myself a cyclops. Wink And you have HOW MANY PALM TREES? Tell him you want as many paints as he has palms. It's only fair.

Daphne: your dragon is brilliant, can't believe it's your first time! Seriously well done, I've not been brave enough to attempt one yet. Did you use a split cake for it, or blend with different colours? Love it. Smile

Onto page two now, can't wait to see what else comes up on this thread. I love our newbie lounge!

Kammy x
Kammy
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:09 pm

Belle - can't wait to see your flowers! I love painting them and I'm always surprised I can make them actually look like what they're supposed to be. I've never considered myself artistic before. Smile
Kammy
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:25 pm

Kammy--ha ha ha---that is me in the picture. The little boy is me, my son is only 15 months and won't let me near him with a paintbrush--he cries. Don't worry I am not offened. I don't take good pictures and I am not the best looking lady (don't argue its true!).

Infact when I got a super short hair cut in high school my mom would tell me every day to wear earrings or people would think I was a boy.

ha ha ha---some things never change---I will have to wear earrings in my pictures so you know it is me! Wink

Watching movies and painting my girls again tonight so maybe I will have something to post later!
amylady222
amylady222

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:36 pm

LOL Amy - I AM arguing with you, because I thought there was a very cute little boy behind the monster paint! Cute is cute, no matter the gender, and to be fair that's a full-face paint you have on there. Razz You look younger than you are, and that's a sincere compliment. Smile Sorry for the mistake, though... Embarassed

Can't wait to see what you come up with tonight. As for me, I've been out to a dance show and aftershow party, so I'm now home in bed, trying to shut my head down so I don't worry about tomorrow's very-first-facepainting-event stuff. Laughing

A Very Foot-In-Mouth Kammy xx
Kammy
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by facesbybelle Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:56 pm

Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" Face_p18
Practicing my flowers
Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" Face_p19
Sunday at a school festival a little girl asked me to paint this.... affraid
Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" Face_p20
just for fun
facesbybelle
facesbybelle

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2011-03-20

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Faces-by-Belle/20513790

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelBare Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:32 pm

Still practicing my eye art but unfortunately no glasses means bad vision and not much detail. First time really playing with my Snaz pearlescent kit. I like it for background colors.

AngelBare
AngelBare

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:54 am

Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" Img_4314

Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" Img_4315

Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" Img_4316

Here are a few lines I was trying. I was also playing with some new arty cakes I got! These little guys are fun---what are they called again?

I would post more but hubby is back from job about an hour early! so night all!
amylady222
amylady222

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:56 am

Kammy-no worries! Hope you had a fun night--sounds really neat!
amylady222
amylady222

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next