Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show and Tell #2 Another Free for All

+44
Blastin
A New Face
marykaytokar
eva
SmileLines
silversky
barbb919
granola
fesspenter
Daphne
Lizzie's face painting
ninaschau
marley2580
Acanthus
loveallyourart
tigerlillyjessie
JennyNixe
Facepainting by Tina
PaintedFaces
Coral3
KourtneyRowe
shadowdrawing
~*hysteria*~
ladysinaz
Bountie
Katurah
NicolaT93
mamakatrien
Mrsthe97
Willoughby
daphne78
Carmen (Sweet Illusions)
Erica's Funny Faces
mamilala2004
FacesBySarah
kingsmeadmama
Kammy
Sandie
Creabella
amylady222
PaolaSunglow
l!zzie
facesbybelle
Valerie A
48 posters

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

Go down

Show and Tell #2   Another Free for All Empty Show and Tell #2 Another Free for All

Post by Valerie A Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:25 pm

The other thread is getting so long I thought I would start #2...

This is our Cosy Little Corner down the hall from the Pros Wink where we just post anything we've been working on that we want to share.

Everyone has varying skills, so please don't be shy to post....even if you see someone's painting that look waaaaay too amazing. Shocked

It just takes PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. You can even see that if you look at some of the pros and what they posted when they first started in the forum.

HAPPY PAINTING, everyone! cheers

Last edited by Valerie A on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valerie A
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Show and Tell #2   Another Free for All Empty Re: Show and Tell #2 Another Free for All

Post by Valerie A Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:07 pm

This is my inspiration from our own L!ZZIE cheers the wuppie connoisseur.

I was painting my friend's kids and letting them pick from my inspiration folder. Her 17 year old son wanted L!zzie's wuppie with the shark on his (hairy Laughing) arm.

I told him "I can do the wuppie, but I can't paint the shark."
His response: "Try anyway." So, I did.

I can't ever imagine myself painting as great as L!zzie...but thanks to her inspiration and Mike, I stepped out of my comfort zone! cheers

Show and Tell #2   Another Free for All V6cH9l
Here is the link to L!zzie's. They are awesome, check it out: http://www.facepaintforum.com/t11458-wuppie-addict-new

Last edited by Valerie A on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Valerie A
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Show and Tell #2   Another Free for All Empty Re: Show and Tell #2 Another Free for All

Post by Valerie A Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:14 pm

More..
Show and Tell #2   Another Free for All KrWxrl
She wanted more flowers on her arm...
Show and Tell #2   Another Free for All FPTV1l

I would really like suggestions, especially on leaves. Mine just seem so "heavy" most of the time. And I'd like them more "blended," if that makes sense.

Last edited by Valerie A on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : figured out how to make pictures smaller...)
Valerie A
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by facesbybelle Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:13 pm

Hi Valerie A,
I think your shark turned out perfect, the whole design is totally cute...hair and all! lol!
I wish my flowers and leaves looked like yours. I tend to make my leaves too big or too small and kind of like teardrops Embarassed ugh!
facesbybelle
facesbybelle

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2011-03-20

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Faces-by-Belle/20513790

Back to top Go down

Post by facesbybelle Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:22 pm

I finally tried Lisa Joy Youngs Grinch design. I will have to practice a few more times before I can do it well and quickly bounce
Show and Tell #2   Another Free for All Grinch11
Show and Tell #2   Another Free for All Grinch10

I also tried doing a cheek design
Show and Tell #2   Another Free for All Grinch12
facesbybelle
facesbybelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:36 am

Wow, Belle, those are cute!! Your sure can do some nice details.
Valerie A
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by l!zzie Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:58 am

Ooohhhhhh Valerie!! You did just great!! I'm not having one of my good days, but you definitely cheered it up, thank you!!
Keep them painting's coming!
l!zzie
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:44 pm

L!zzie, thank you. I'm glad I could give you a smile...wish I could do more I love you
Valerie A
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by l!zzie Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:22 am

Keep painting! Love watching all those new designs!
l!zzie
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:40 pm

Isn't that amazing Val to try it even when we think we can't do it! You did great love your wuppy!

Belle nice Ginch! I love Lisa Joy Young !!! sunny
PaolaSunglow
PaolaSunglow

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://www.sunglowfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:24 pm

OMG Today is AmyLady's Birthday!!!
Happy Birthday AmyLady and thank you for keeping us on our toes all the time with new and exciting challenges!!!
cheers
PaolaSunglow
PaolaSunglow

Back to top Go down

Post by facesbybelle Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:36 pm

Happy Birthday Amylady!!!! queen
facesbybelle
facesbybelle

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:50 am

Thanks Guys! Went out to eat with my wonderful husband and had a great time! SIL watcehd the kids so it was peaceful!!
Thanks for your kind wishes!

This next week I am hoping to post many things since I am getting ready for my 1st PPF event I have ever done (offically--I set up a table next to the park once, but this one is the real deal!)

If you don't want me to flood this thread iwth my stuff let me and I will start a new thread, but I hope this not only helps me, but maybe others get some idea's.

So please if you are NOT interested skip the rest....
Right now those giant plastic Candy Canes are on sale---I am going to see if I can get some (our local $1.0 store) and some how get them to stand up straight with ribbon going from one to the next (maybe 2-3) to form a line area.

I love the idea of the footprints on the ground at the front of the line that say "Please wait here" so only 1 child is near the paint area at once.

I will have two tri-folds (I already own them)--one will tell the rules and one will have the pictures I am painting that day. I am working on getting these together--I will post when I have it done.

OK so here is what I have for my board---I am going to see if I can paint some of these on real kids to post instead--but I am not holding my breath

Most designs will have a $3 face and a $5 face (some even a $7 face--but since this is my 1st PPF I want poelget as many people to paint their faces as possible. My prices will go up once I have a good reputation (I think in a few events and word of mouth this hopefully witll happen soon.

Show and Tell #2   Another Free for All Img_5011
These lady bugs are a cheek art ($3) and a mask $5)---I will have them either labeled individually or marked off in my tri-fold by price.

Show and Tell #2   Another Free for All Img_5010
My Puppy --the brown "Mud" Spot will go around the eye--
$7 face and a $5 face

Show and Tell #2   Another Free for All Img_5012
My Dragon -still working on
The 2nd picture shows the two colors available--I will have that labeled with marker as COLOR #1 and COLOR #2 (please choose a color before your turn in the chair)
1st Dragon goes around the eye--$3 Second one is a mask $5

Show and Tell #2   Another Free for All Img_5013
My monster face is like my dragon---pick a color
1st monster is $7.00 second is $5.00

Show and Tell #2   Another Free for All Img_5014
My princess design with my amazing new colors! Seriously SO pretty!!
1st one $7 eye design $5

Show and Tell #2   Another Free for All Img_5015
Skull---really want to paint this--think it would come across much better in "person" then in the pictures!
1st one $3 -- 2nd face $7

Show and Tell #2   Another Free for All Img_5016
Snake---I only really do 1 snake $7.00

I also have butterfly's, but I can't load them right now for some reason--

Do posting all these pictures make a money impact on Metina? Does she pay extra for me posting so many pictures? If so I will post them to a Facebook album and link you to it--If I can figure that out!! Smile

Thanks everyone

PS: I LOVE GETTING ANY FEEDBACK---if you think something won't work PLEASE let me know---if you think I could do a face better, price different, let me know. Please don't be afraid of hurting my feelings I am pretty tough Smile Tell me the truth (even if it --Your Snake should be removed--it is horrible--give it to me honest, got my big girl panties on!)---also about the pricing I live in a POOR area---my prices are very low, I think, and will stay that way for a while--When I do shows in the "big" city (they have a walmart!) I will raise prices, but for the PPF I am shooting low and hoping to get lots of faces!

amylady222
amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Creabella Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:53 am

In the beginning I didn't really understand what you ment by PPF (ah well me newbie Embarassed )
But as I kept on reading I came to get the idea Very Happy
I think the designs are great!
Are you planning to make them on faces and make pictures of those for your board?
Or are you gonna put these above on your board?
I think with pictures of real faces the people/kids get a better idea of the result.
But that is just my opinion. Not meaning to offend you!
Creabella
Creabella

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2012-11-02

https://www.creabellafaceart.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:39 am

AmyLady I also love your designs and agree with Creabella they would look better in a board with photo of kids.
So happy for you on your first PPF. cheers I did my first and only one on the 26th of October. When Sandy was to hit the New Jersey coast few days later! affraid
My experience is also not that much. I had purchased a board at AC moore for 3 dollars and attached my picture with tape. It worked out good. Those were my half and full face painting. The chick art i painted all in one small art sheet and had it laminated at home depot for few dollars. Not sure this helps. My unforseen problems where....the wind i had not considered that kept blowing my sponges on the other side of the place ......a small bin to put garbadge in it......and an eseal to keep my board standing!!! Ahhhh lol!
Let us know how it goes!! It was nerve racking the first time i could not even sleep.
Sleep
PaolaSunglow
PaolaSunglow

Back to top Go down

Post by facesbybelle Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:17 pm

AmyLady,
I recently started doing more paid gigs Smile I don't always have a model to paint, my kids are grown and are not too willing either. I found in another thread where someone posted foam faces that they bought at Michael's and started using them instead. I actually paint both sides,front and back to I get alot more use. I arranged them the way I want and take a pic and use the pic for my event. Most parties I've done a theme parties.
Here an example:Show and Tell #2   Another Free for All Farnsw11

I do love your idea for using the candy canes and foot prints, those will definitely look nice and serve a purpose at the same time. Good luck with your event...can't wait to see pics!
Make sure to have someone take pictures, I always forget Sad
facesbybelle
facesbybelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:23 pm

My Santa Mouse and Mistletoe Mouse....
Show and Tell #2   Another Free for All 43220710
Show and Tell #2   Another Free for All 31578910
Sandie
Sandie

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2012-09-19

http://www.imaginebysandie.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:05 pm

Ohhhh i love them!!!!
PaolaSunglow
PaolaSunglow

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:13 pm

AmyLady i like your fellow can't remember his name on the first picture!! age must be catching up! hi hi hi he is soooo good!!!
PaolaSunglow
PaolaSunglow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:30 pm

Thanks, Paola. By the way, I love your penguin face!
Sandie
Sandie

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2012-09-19

http://www.imaginebysandie.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:33 pm

Thank you Sandie!! those mouses are adorable!!!!!!
PaolaSunglow
PaolaSunglow

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:22 pm

amylady222 wrote: Right now those giant plastic Candy Canes are on sale---I am going to see if I can get some (our local $1.0 store) and some how get them to stand up straight with ribbon going from one to the next (maybe 2-3) to form a line area. I love the idea of the footprints on the ground at the front of the line that say "Please wait here" so only 1 child is near the paint area at once.
Love those ideas. Seems that the more orderly you can keep the line, the less stressful it will be. Are you on your own or will someone be able to help with money/line etc. (Wish I could come be your line manager bounce )

amylady222 wrote: OK so here is what I have for my board---I am going to see if I can paint some of these on real kids to post instead--but I am not holding my breath
Thought your painting ideas I love you are great. I like how you encourage them to pick one of two colors before they get to you.
Some of the pros use drawings and it seems to work for them. As for prices…every place is different, and like you mentioned, it is economically depressed in your area so you have to act accordingly, IMO.

amylady222 wrote: If you don't want me to flood this thread iwth my stuff let me and I will start a new thread, but I hope this not only helps me, but maybe others get some idea's.
Please, feel free to post them here...it’s “our” Show & Tell. Hope you get a chance to take pictures of some of your faces at the PPF!!

amylady222 wrote: Do posting all these pictures make a money impact on Metina? Does she pay extra for me posting so many pictures? If so I will post them to a Facebook album and link you to it--If I can figure that out!! Smile
Hmmm. Never thought of that…I wonder if Bigger pictures cost more?? I keep trying to make small ones that you can click on to enlarge, but on the last S&T they were all monstrous when you clicked on. I don’t have a facebook account, so I can’t link that… Shocked
Valerie A
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:32 pm

Sandie, your little mouse-wuppie is sooooo cute! cat

Belle, I just saw that you posted your board and 'foam' faces. Great idea!
Valerie A
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:19 pm

I would totally post my paintings on kids, but most of these I don't have on kids and the closest place to develope pictures is 25 miles away and I don't have time to go up there and wait for pictures to get developed this week---this is the busiest week of the month for me!

Thanks for your thoughts--you guys are great--

Love the mice--so stinkin cute!

I do like the foam faces, but again --the cloest place that sells those are 2 hours away---I know I could do internet sales, but I am watchng my budget---so maybe when I visit my mom for Christmas I can get her to buy a gift of a few face paint things for me!!

Happy Painting everyone!!
amylady222
amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by facesbybelle Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:14 am

Sandie,
Your wuppies are so adorable!!

Paola,
I too love you penguin, reminds me of chilly willy! Laughing

Amylady,
Wishing you success and tons of fun on your first PPF gig!!

Valerie,
I love the idea of the foam faces because I can arrange the way I want take a photo and then I print it up at home.
I have quite a collection of different themes Laughing Western , Under the sea, Halloween and now Hanukkah! I've also found that I can use both sides!!
facesbybelle
facesbybelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next