Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show and Tell #1 a Newbie "free for all"

+24
Doe
Creabella
JennyNixe
BurningBright
whiskerly
MissHeidi
Mandi from Tazzie
kingsmeadmama
Appren
FacesBySarah
shadowdrawing
Lacey's Faces
dartiegirl
Painted Expressions
l!zzie
Facepainting by Tina
ladysinaz
facesbybelle
LeilaniMassage
daphne78
Kammy
amylady222
AngelBare
Valerie A
28 posters

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" - Page 3 Empty Re: Show and Tell #1 a Newbie "free for all"

Post by Facepainting by Tina Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:35 pm

Here is a dragon I was messing around with, the head/body was inspired by Lisa Joy Young (of course), and the wings....well, I was winging it! lol My son does NOT like being painted and literally timed me, I had 60 seconds from start to finish! lol Not bad considering my time constraints (and that included loading the brush...little brat!)

Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" - Page 3 P1030519

Last edited by Tina Halstead on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Didn't add the photo (Doh!))
Facepainting by Tina
Facepainting by Tina

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2012-09-12

http://www.tinassugarshack.com

Back to top Go down

Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" - Page 3 Empty Re: Show and Tell #1 a Newbie "free for all"

Post by amylady222 Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:46 pm

kammy--lovely as aways!

Tina--ha ha ha--yhow old is the littl one? at least you learn to work with speed! the pic didn't come up--try pposting it again please --- it showed up when i posted my note--that was strange!
wonderful job! i am impresseed!
amylady222
amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:50 pm

Tina Halstead wrote:Beautiful...always amazed at how your "first try" looks like a seasoned pro's best stab at it! lol
I'm now grinning all over my face. Thank you so much for that lovely compliment! I love all the newbies' and pros' works on here, there's so much talent in this forum. You included!
Kammy
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:51 pm

Tina - I can't believe you did that dragon in 60 seconds! That's seriously impressive fast painting. Smile
Kammy
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by daphne78 Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:32 pm

A mask I did today
Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" - Page 3 Masker10
Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" - Page 3 Masker11
daphne78
daphne78

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2012-08-22

http://daphneschminkt.webklik.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by daphne78 Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:33 pm

Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" - Page 3 Weerwo10
Also today Very Happy
daphne78
daphne78

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:40 pm

Ooh, I love both of those! I thought the jewel was a stick-on on the mask, at first, and the shading on your second piece is really good! Impressed, here. Smile
Kammy
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by Facepainting by Tina Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:49 pm

Kammy wrote:Tina - I can't believe you did that dragon in 60 seconds! That's seriously impressive fast painting. Smile

Thanks!! I'm planning on doing mostly festival PPF gigs so speed is something I totally need to work on....I do notice how incredibly SLOPPY this dragon looks lol He doesn't even hold still for the 60 seconds either. I have painted 2 year olds that were MUCH easier to paint! lol
Facepainting by Tina
Facepainting by Tina

Back to top Go down

Post by daphne78 Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:19 pm

Kammy, the second came out the Extreme Facepainting (e)book!!! (bought it today)
daphne78
daphne78

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:32 pm

daphne78 wrote:Kammy, the second came out the Extreme Facepainting (e)book!!! (bought it today)
Ooh! I only have the "Friendly Faces" part of that book, but I really must pick up the Fiendish bit too. You did a great job. Smile
Kammy
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by facesbybelle Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:19 pm

Kammy,
Beautiful mask. Cool What did you use to glue your gems? Your dots are so perfect. Please do post a pic of the one for the masquerade, I'm sure it's going to be spectacular!

Tina, nice dragon mask but 60 seconds.... What a Face

Daphne, Love your mask, the gem really looks glued on, it's so nicely done and colors are perfect for halloween.
The second design is awesome! All the nice blending you did looks so like a pro for sure. Very Happy
facesbybelle
facesbybelle

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2011-03-20

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Faces-by-Belle/20513790

Back to top Go down

Post by LeilaniMassage Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:46 pm

The masks are great!! I'm so excited every day to see what you all have been up to! I just ordered a practice head! So I can stop painting my leg and face so much heh.
LeilaniMassage
LeilaniMassage

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2012-09-25

http://www.leilanimassage.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:20 am

facesbybelle wrote:Kammy,
Beautiful mask. Cool What did you use to glue your gems? Your dots are so perfect. Please do post a pic of the one for the masquerade, I'm sure it's going to be spectacular!
Thanks Belle! Smile Those gems are actually self-adhesive ones from my craft stash, but as I can't be sure the adhesive on them is skin-safe, I don't use them as they are. I remove the little foam sticky dot from the back, then adhere the gems to the skin with body glue. I think mine is by Amerikan Body Art?

If I paint myself for the masquerade, I'll definitely post photos. And the dots are easy - just make sure you use a large enough round brush, and that it's well-loaded. Smile I wanted these ones to look a bit like pearls.
Kammy
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by daphne78 Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:55 am

Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" - Page 3 Wolf_110
also from Fiendly faces
daphne78
daphne78

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:25 am

I recognise that wolf face - really good job!
Kammy
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by Facepainting by Tina Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:58 am

Here is one I did last night, I designed the whole thing myself (well, as much as I could without the prodding of my 8 year old to "add splashes here and swirls there"...she is too opinionated with her face painting lol but it beats being timed for 60 seconds! haha)

This was my VERY first time EVER making a dolphin, so I was really happy when everyone recognized it as one lol

Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" - Page 3 Dolphi10
Facepainting by Tina
Facepainting by Tina

Back to top Go down

Post by daphne78 Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:21 am

ad some glitter and then you really have a magical mask!
daphne78
daphne78

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:50 am

Lovely icy colours, and I definitely knew it was a dolphin - or a doflin as we call them, because we're silly in my family. Laughing

This is what I did this afternoon, based on a tutorial I read:
Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" - Page 3 One_st12
Kammy
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by Facepainting by Tina Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:44 am

daphne78 wrote:ad some glitter and then you really have a magical mask!

Yeah, it was bedtime and the glitter never seems to show up in pics with me for some reason...in real life I would add glitter.

I was trying to paint up some new designs for my boards, and I try not to glitter the designs for the board...and then when they're glittered in real life...they are always so much more impressed by the painting lol.
Facepainting by Tina
Facepainting by Tina

Back to top Go down

Post by Facepainting by Tina Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:45 am

Kammy wrote:
This is what I did this afternoon, based on a tutorial I read:
Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" - Page 3 One_st12

This is sooooo pretty! I love how whimsical the roses are, and your lips look amazing with that color!!!
Facepainting by Tina
Facepainting by Tina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:50 am

Tina Halstead wrote:This is sooooo pretty! I love how whimsical the roses are, and your lips look amazing with that color!!!
Thank you! And since you mentioned it...the lipstick is just ELF's "Royal Red" Mineral Lipstick, with a touch of gloss over it. I felt I needed red to set off the rose mask. Smile
Kammy
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by Facepainting by Tina Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:52 am

It's such an exact match I just assumed it was the same exact paint!!! If I had your lips and looked that good in that red, I would wear it every single day!!! lol I am one of those people that ALL colors of lipstick look terrible on me! I have decent shaped lips but for some reason every color looks really gross on me.
Facepainting by Tina
Facepainting by Tina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:06 pm

My lips are OK, they're just getting ollllld. Laughing Thanks for your words, they're very good for the ego! I'll have to wear that lipstick more often - it only really comes out when I'm wearing a gown and heels, but it's very pretty.

Until about a year ago, I didn't think any lipstick colours suited me either, by the way. I started with different colours of gloss or sheer lipsticks, and realised it was more that I lacked the confidence to wear a full lipstick, than them actually not suiting me.

Then I decided life was too short. And now I wear lipstick. If I happen to wear a colour that doesn't suit me by society's standards, but makes me smile...then I ignore society. Laughing
Kammy
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by facesbybelle Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:48 pm

Daphne, Your wolf is so realistic it's scary affraid
You have alot of talent lady, that wolf is very skillfully done the details are crazy good Very Happy
facesbybelle
facesbybelle

Back to top Go down

Post by facesbybelle Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:50 pm

Kammy, I love your crown of flowers the colors are beautiful and your lip color does match just perfectly.
facesbybelle
facesbybelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next