Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie (everyone) Challenge #14---Show me What you Got!

+14
barbb919
shadnee
Kammy
JennyNixe
FacesBySarah
Mrsthe97
ladysinaz
Sandie
Creabella
mamilala2004
facesbybelle
Valerie A
anikaj
amylady222
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Newbie (everyone) Challenge #14---Show me What you Got! Empty Newbie (everyone) Challenge #14---Show me What you Got!

Post by amylady222 Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:32 pm

OK ladies---I had a frustrating day so you get to suffer/benefit from it.

I want you to let us know WHY you face paint? and then show us a piece you are proud of!

THIS IS A NO NEGATIVE COMMENT thread! Even if someone posts something AWFUL we are all to be very supportive Smile Not that any of US (me) would do that-post something bad, not be unsupportive.

Can't wait to learn a little more about all us wonderful people on this forum!

ps: Non newbies are welcome on this thread!
amylady222
amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Newbie (everyone) Challenge #14---Show me What you Got! Empty Re: Newbie (everyone) Challenge #14---Show me What you Got!

Post by anikaj Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:57 pm

I have gotten in to face painting because i have a love for art .I am always drawing something whether if it is piece of paper or my bedroom wall. I am an accountant and it is a way to channel stress and beside all of that i have a love for children.

so i combined the two my love for children and art.
anikaj
anikaj

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-11-21

Back to top Go down

Newbie (everyone) Challenge #14---Show me What you Got! Empty Re: Newbie (everyone) Challenge #14---Show me What you Got!

Post by Valerie A Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:10 pm

Anikaj, love your avatar mask!

PS I will post more later on topic clown
Valerie A
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by anikaj Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:43 am

thank u valerie
anikaj
anikaj

Back to top Go down

Post by anikaj Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:06 am

Newbie (everyone) Challenge #14---Show me What you Got! 100_4113
anikaj
anikaj

Back to top Go down

Post by facesbybelle Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:26 am

Amylady, Thank you for starting this thread Smile Sorry you had such a frustrating day. Hope your days get better and this thread puts a smile on your face as you read all the stories from all your new friends on the forum.
Here's mine Smile
I was asked to help out at our block party a couple years ago and the kids really like it. I got hooked!!
I knew nothing about face painting so I went online and researched. Found this forum and bought Shannon Fennell's book. Then started watching youtube Razz
I was a dental assistant for over 30yrs and know how important following good sterlization protocol is, so I was very concern and decided to learn as much as I could before putting myself out there.
I honestly didn't start doing too much painting on actual customers until recently.
This is my favorite because I received a lot of positive feedback Smile
Newbie (everyone) Challenge #14---Show me What you Got! Avatar10
facesbybelle
facesbybelle

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2011-03-20

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Faces-by-Belle/20513790

Back to top Go down

Post by facesbybelle Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:27 am

anikaj wrote:Newbie (everyone) Challenge #14---Show me What you Got! 100_4113

That is crazy good lol!
facesbybelle
facesbybelle

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2011-03-20

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Faces-by-Belle/20513790

Back to top Go down

Post by mamilala2004 Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:12 am

I have always loved drawing and I hadn't done anything for a long time. My sister-in-law had a friend paint for her daughter's birthday and both my sister-in-laws were both telling me that I should get into it...I just don't know why i didn't think about it earlier. I am actually excited about something again : ) here's one I did tonight...

Newbie (everyone) Challenge #14---Show me What you Got! Img_8912
mamilala2004
mamilala2004

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2012-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by mamilala2004 Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:15 am

and @ both ladies,,, great job on your paintings!!
mamilala2004
mamilala2004

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2012-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Creabella Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:02 am

In my daily life I work with children and I have 2 daughters. At some point I saw an advertisement (?) about a facepaint course. I thought it might come handy in my job and at that time my kids asked me occasionally to do facepaint them. So I did the course and got hooked on it!!!

Newbie (everyone) Challenge #14---Show me What you Got! Img_2018
Creabella
Creabella

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2012-11-02

https://www.creabellafaceart.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:09 am

Cool thread! Thanks Amy! Hope today is less frustrating Very Happy
I got started kind of as an extension to teaching art...love to work with kids, love art. A friends daughter was face painting for a business that needed a back-up painter, so she "trained" me with good paints and I was hooked!! My prior experience had been with crappy, cheap paint and I swore I'd never do it again!! I did a couple of gigs for the guy as a back-up, was hooked, and decide this is what I should be doing, soooo.........very new at it, but looking forward to improving and building a successful business! Thanks to all of the love and support from all of you here I think it's going to happen!! bounce
Newbie (everyone) Challenge #14---Show me What you Got! Pictur10
One of my very first practice pieces on my grandson...loved the "snaggle tooth" look!
Sandie
Sandie

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2012-09-19

http://www.imaginebysandie.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ladysinaz Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:03 pm

Challenge 14 already Smile
how time flies

i got into facepainting recently as a way to expand my body art business.
I already do henna and airbrush tattoos, and have this fascination with body painting and special effects makeup. i thought facepainting would be a good first step.

Newbie (everyone) Challenge #14---Show me What you Got! 00310
ladysinaz
ladysinaz

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2012-08-11

http://www.maguscorium.com

Back to top Go down

Post by anikaj Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:40 pm

thank u
anikaj
anikaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsthe97 Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:34 pm

*sigh* I just lost the whole thing I just wrote! Crying or Very sad
I dabbled in the past, but just started painting in earnest June 2012. My mom died of cancer November 2011, and her loss inspired me to really go for what I want and stop holding myself back. I went to the Midwest Haunters Convention where I had a Masquerade Ball and did a Dia De Los Muertos makeup.
So far I paint on myself, with some practicing on hubby. I am most proud of my Lady Death Reaper makeup and costume. It was for an End of Days themed Second Fridays event downtown and I had a blast either freaking people out or having pics taken with total strangers. This was a big deal for me as I am super self conscious typically but I wasn't in my makeup. I intend to start painting others next year, and am grateful I found this forum to learn from all of you who are out there doing it-particularly for all the info on sanitizing!
Wink

Last edited by Mrsthe97 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling errors)
Mrsthe97
Mrsthe97

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2012-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsthe97 Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:59 pm

Struggling with getting my pic to post...fingers crossed!
[img]

Mrsthe97
Mrsthe97

Back to top Go down

Post by anikaj Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:39 pm

@ mrsthe97 i know the feeling with the pic my spider pic here was the first one i posted since i join this site.

if u want help i am right here.
anikaj
anikaj

Back to top Go down

Post by FacesBySarah Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:52 pm

Hi Girls, I am not on my home computer so my picture part of this post will have to wait but I love this thread so I wanted to share how I got started. My church was doing a yard sale to raise funds for our VBS program (a children's program that runs during summer vacation). The organizers decided that they wanted someone to do face painting for the kids that would be there. I organize all the crafts for all of the church's kids programs so they said "Hey Sarah, you're crafty you'd be good at this!" and I was volunteered for it. Well I was given the really awful Halloween type face paint and face crayons Suspect . It did not go well Embarassed . However everyone else thought it was great and told me that I would be doing it again at our Fall festival. So I thought there must be a better way!! and I went on-line, found this fabulous forum cheers and the wonderful world of YouTube Tutorials cheers and bought myself some actual face paint Cool and I had people ask for business cards at the fall festival. I didn't have any but booked 3 parties anyway and things have just grown since then.
FacesBySarah
FacesBySarah

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2012-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsthe97 Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:30 pm

anikaj, thank you! I don't know if the problem is my iPad or me ( Very Happy ) but at least you can click on the link and see it.

Last edited by Mrsthe97 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:17 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Attempted to add picture, it didn't work so I removed text.)
Mrsthe97
Mrsthe97

Back to top Go down

Post by anikaj Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:13 pm

Newbie (everyone) Challenge #14---Show me What you Got! Pictur10

this was my art work today ... my first body art it took about 5hrs to complete but it was worth it in the end
anikaj
anikaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsthe97 Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:35 pm

Wow, anikaj! Nice job!
Mrsthe97
Mrsthe97

Back to top Go down

Post by anikaj Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:07 pm

thank u very much
anikaj
anikaj

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyNixe Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:12 pm

I got started face painting because I got mad at a face painter. We were at a festival and they offered free painting, so of course there was a huge line. My daughter, 12, and my son, 10, waited for forty five minutes to get painted. There was a little girl, maybe 3, whose mom was waiting behind us and the little girl was CONSTANTLY bothering the painter, crawling on the ground, messing with the paints, whining and asking when it would be her turn. When my son was up, he told the face painter to go ahead and paint the little girl, he could wait. She painted the little girl, then told my son, "That's all for today."

He was really disappointed, but tried to hide it by walking off. I said something to the painter and her response was that her time was up. Which I totally understand, especially now, but she made no attempt to control her line and was unkind to a child who'd tried to be chivalrous. She was a good painter, but totally unprofessional!

So I told my son I'd learn to paint and then he could have it whenever he wanted. I ordered a palette from Snaz and started from there. Of course, he's now completely sick of it, but I love it!
JennyNixe
JennyNixe

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2012-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:04 am

AnikaJ, that's beautiful! Love the work on here, it's all so expressive and the forum is full of gorgeously talented artists. Smile

I started the way so many people do. My little boy loved being painted at festivals and one day, when we came home from the local one in the park next to our apartment, I thought "I could do that". Now, I'm not being one of THOSE mamas there - the girl who painted him was a volunteer, and did a great job, but it was a very simple "baby tiger" design. Cian said he liked to be painted, so I thought I'd grab a Snazaroo set (one of the ones that comes in the yellow storage box, not a palette) and make it a bit of a project we could do. I didn't intend to step on anyone else's toes by painting him before festivals and things....only to paint him at home when nothing else was going on, and perhaps share it with his friends.

I have a chronic pain condition, and use crafts as a form of pain-distraction therapy. I thought face painting would work for that at least as well as crafting....and it does. Smile

I like to try to do things as well as I can, so I joined FPF and found SO much encouragement and support here. Enrolled in YouTube University....you know the way it goes. And my kit grew exponentially. You don't want to see my kit now. It's scary.

Then I got volunteered for a fairly big charity event.....then asked to paint at my friend's party.....then asked to do a Halloween event at a large local pub.....

I love face painting. Very Happy As for what I'm proud of....I feel quite proud of the "fire fairy" in my avatar. But the thing I'm probably MOST proud of, however simple, is this:
Newbie (everyone) Challenge #14---Show me What you Got! Roma_c10
She's one of the little girls I painted at my first ever gig - the one to raise money for another little girl who has cancer. The reason I'm proud is that it's such a simple design, really....but this wee model was SOOOO proud of it. She asked to have her photo taken, asked to be on my board in future, and came back THREE TIMES to thank me. She was such a sweetheart! Very Happy The look on her face of pure joy, and the excitement she obviously felt at being painted....that's what it's all about, isn't it?

Kammy x
Kammy
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by shadnee Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:11 am

I started by being volunteered to paint at my cousin's school party (which became a reoccurance), with those crappy liquid face paints. Then, I had a friend at church whose boss was looking for a face painter for her daughter's birthday and she kind of volunteered me for it, so I did a bunch of research and decided I wanted to try TAG... but the party was only a week away, so I got some small snaz kits from Hobby Lobby and practiced and practiced and practiced. The kids loved it, and the mom payed me $100 (voluntarily!), after that I still played with the paint a bit, but nothing major... then she called me to come back for her next daughter's party (about 6 months later), so I finally invested in some REAL paint (11 of the more basic TAG colors, a wolfe black and white, and the TAG neon rainbow). Now, I'm hooked and can't stop obsessing over it Smile

Newbie (everyone) Challenge #14---Show me What you Got! 45281_10
And in case anyone's wondering, it's a Star Wars reference, the skull part is the symbol for the Mandalorians.
shadnee
shadnee

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2012-03-27

https://facebook.com/facepaintfun

Back to top Go down

Post by barbb919 Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:12 pm

to all the new painters on the forum...you guys are comming along very nicely..keep up the good work....
barbb919
barbb919

Number of posts : 2109
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://tappysfacepainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next