Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show and Tell #1 a Newbie "free for all"

+24
Doe
Creabella
JennyNixe
BurningBright
whiskerly
MissHeidi
Mandi from Tazzie
kingsmeadmama
Appren
FacesBySarah
shadowdrawing
Lacey's Faces
dartiegirl
Painted Expressions
l!zzie
Facepainting by Tina
ladysinaz
facesbybelle
LeilaniMassage
daphne78
Kammy
amylady222
AngelBare
Valerie A
28 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" - Page 2 Empty Re: Show and Tell #1 a Newbie "free for all"

Post by ladysinaz Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:33 pm

I've steered away from the flowers and lines that make me rage( awaiting my wolfe black as we speak) and got all caught up in this stuff

https://www.facebook.com/MagusCoriumBodyArt/photos
ladysinaz
ladysinaz

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2012-08-11

http://www.maguscorium.com

Back to top Go down

Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" - Page 2 Empty Re: Show and Tell #1 a Newbie "free for all"

Post by Valerie A Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:15 pm

oh, LadySinaz! you need to post a warning for wimps like me! Wink
That is too real! affraid
[I really am a wimp cat ....cannot watch any horror type shows whatsoever Embarassed]
...but I CAN appreciate the talent that went in to that! Wow!
Valerie A
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:24 pm

AmyLady,
That is one FINE dragon! Lines are wonderful!

Your little arty cake creatures are so cute! And you came up with such a nice variety of characters. I don't know...are they wuppies? the only wuppies I've seen so far are round (I am NOT conversant in wuppie so I Don't know geek )

But maybe you've come up with an original...will have to see what the others know about the subject.
Valerie A
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by facesbybelle Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:20 am

Ladysinaz, love the work on those chairs very creative.
facesbybelle
facesbybelle

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2011-03-20

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Faces-by-Belle/20513790

Back to top Go down

Post by facesbybelle Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:27 am

Amylady222, your dragon is really nice, the curve and lines are just right.
I love your little monsters, they remind me of the critters from the packman game...Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" - Page 2 Packma10
Those will be popular for halloween year after year Very Happy
facesbybelle
facesbybelle

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:13 pm

one of my guys was a Pac Man ghost---ha ha ha
Maybe we can call teh wuppies that are square---Squppies?

I was just looking at my one strokes and thought they would be fun to play with.

I put a wing on the dragon and like it, but I need ot make it wider and work on the wing liines.

I am LOVING faepaining.

LadySinaz--yuck! But wow!

PS: I like the new title--eaiser to understand!
amylady222
amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:33 pm

Cute, simple (by simple, I mean something that can be done quickly Smile ) eye design, AngelBare! I like the colour combination too.

Belle, your elephants are so adorable! Love the trunk on your finger! and those flowers! I keep wanting to try to work with those colours, but don't have that split yet...you are really tempting me to spend more money! Shocked
Wink
Valerie A
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:39 pm

Been playing with the Sunset rainbow cake from DFX, which is a really unusual combination of colours, so I was a bit stumped at what to do with it. Experimenting with the idea of using 3 of the colours in a dragon-like way:
Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" - Page 2 Sunset10
It needs tweaking, but I think the idea has potential.
Kammy
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:40 pm

OMG I must be more exhausted than I thought! I look so cross-eyed in that photo! Laughing Bloody blind eye...
Kammy
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by daphne78 Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:40 pm

hahahaha
daphne78
daphne78

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2012-08-22

http://daphneschminkt.webklik.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:21 pm

Amy, Squppies sound great to me! Laughing

Kammy, Blind eye or not Wink that is a cute idea for those colors! Look forward to seeing what else you do with it. (actually, I didn't notice eye, till you called attention to it...but isn't that what we all do at times? notice something that bothers us because we know it's there but no one else is noticing!)
Valerie A
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by ladysinaz Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:42 pm

LOL Thanks Guys
I love the little square guys .. they are tooo cute

As for the Chairs, i didn't do the white one. Roped a friend into that one, she is amazingly crafty

Last nights fun.. no blood n guts i promise Wink

One shaky hand holding a mirror ( first time i try to paint myself)
Other shaky hand holding the brush Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" - Page 2 52857810
ladysinaz
ladysinaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:01 pm

I love that! I'm not great at painting myself, but I do keep trying. This is me, right now:
Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" - Page 2 Monste10
It's based on a design from Shannon's book. It was fun to do!
Kammy
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:53 pm

Here's some more "tropical" ....I just don't want to let go of summer yet!
Fat tailed Wink lizzard:
Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" - Page 2 0CE3gl

lumpy line work Embarassed
Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" - Page 2 MbPgal

well, maybe not so tropical...but it is green Laughing
Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" - Page 2 PdkGUl

one of my favorite subjects: Palm trees! I could just paint these everywhere!
Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" - Page 2 6P0Wsl
Valerie A
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by facesbybelle Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:32 am

NieleA,
Love your lizzard, mind if I use that one, I think boys would love it. Palm tree is cute even has the coconuts Laughing Your line work is fine...your model has gorgeous eyes, makes any design look even better Smile
Amylady222, Squppies is a perfect name, they're really cute and their your very own design....cool.
Ladysinaz, that design is crazy good! How you did that on yourself and get it to look so good is rediculously awesome! bounce

Kammy, Love your dragon crown (that's what it looks like to me) good for boy or girl. Your green monster is fantastic, my favorite part of the design is the mouth it's so well done.
Newbies are sprouting new designs and nailing their inspirational designs from other artist pretty good. we've come a long way in such a short time, but then we have such awesome artist giving us all the best of themselves. flower

facesbybelle
facesbybelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:57 am

Belle, It's kinda late there in Chicago! do you suffer from insomnia? Shocked I get it myself from time to time...
Neither lizard is an original (I'm not that good yet Wink ) one came from a face painting book and I don't remember where I saw the other...I think it is fine for you to use. (The beautiful little girl is my friend's daughter... she and her sister--she's the one with the sunset face that I first posted at the beginning of this thread--love to be painted; so far Wink)

Ladysinaz, thanks for no 'guts' tonite- Laughing How did you EVER paint that on yourself!! amazing! It's so awesome how face paint can change a face and make things that aren't there look like that is how they really are.

Kammy, now that's a beastly beast! Scary teeth! Did you have to wait for Cian to be out somewhere else to paint that thing?! That thing would scare ME if I was there! affraid
Valerie A
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:44 am

Valerie aka NieleA wrote:Kammy, now that's a beastly beast! Scary teeth! Did you have to wait for Cian to be out somewhere else to paint that thing?! That thing would scare ME if I was there! affraid
Oh yes. He went off to bed and I thought "Yay, time for scary stuff!". Laughing

I recognise one of your lizards from the Wolfe Bros. "Extreme Face Painting" book! Smile I only have the "Friendly Faces" half of that book, but I want the rest...

Love all the painting here!
Kammy
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by daphne78 Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:34 am

I'm thinking of buying that book for my Ipad... but do I get just the half, or both... (my limit is almost out so I have to buy a new Itunes card..., just missing € 0,30... and when I buy the new credit... I will buy a book for strokes.. "the brushstroke handbook")
daphne78
daphne78

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2012-08-22

http://daphneschminkt.webklik.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by LeilaniMassage Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:37 pm

Oh Kammy what a great monster face!! I saw those types of sunset colors used on a tattoo rose here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtRMo7PYVmY

I love the lizards!!!!

Before my computer took the weekend off (had to do safe mode and wipe one hd) eek!

I did this bit of painting... my first try at peacock feathers -

Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" - Page 2 20121020

and I took a picture of my kit to see how it evolves. I have my first big practice with lots of people scheduled on the 20th.

Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" - Page 2 20121019
LeilaniMassage
LeilaniMassage

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2012-09-25

http://www.leilanimassage.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:55 pm

Ooh, I love your kit Leilani! Your feathers are pretty darned good too, but I'm in Magpie Mode and going "oooooh....shinyyyyyyy.....!" at your kit photo. It's all so palette-y and organised!
Kammy
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by facesbybelle Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:05 pm

NieleA, I do suffer from insomnia sometimes I don't fall asleep until past 3:00am, but also I had my great grand daughter overnight. She's nine months old and she was not in the mood for sleeping!
Sleep
facesbybelle
facesbybelle

Back to top Go down

Post by ladysinaz Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:51 pm

i keep trying to do these high end things and failing miserably.. i should probably start with a butterfly lol
I blame it on halloween Wink
ladysinaz
ladysinaz

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:01 am

lady sinaz---failing---meh---just learning how NOT to do things! Keep at it!

I find that looking at a picture helps--and videos are gold! Keep at it!

I don't have insomnia, I just have a hard time actually wanting to go to bed---I am tired, but I just don't want to sleep---which is crazy because I LOVE sleep and I need lots of sleep--more than normal.

I am one of the only people I know who sets their alarm to GO TO SLEEP along with wake up. It just turned 1 am here and I know I have kids to get ready at school in about 6 hours and havea 1 1/2 year old to deal with all day tomorrow--alright--I better go to bed! (just two more threads I want to look at real quick Wink )

amylady222
amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:22 pm

I did my first ever "bling mask" just now! Designed it as I went along, and I'm pretty pleased with how it came out! Smile
Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" - Page 2 Bling_10 Show and Tell #1   a Newbie "free for all" - Page 2 Bling_11
I'm going to a masquerade in a few weeks' time, and I think this might end up being my mask, but with the colour changed to match whichever gown I end up wearing. Smile
Kammy
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by Facepainting by Tina Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:33 pm

Beautiful...always amazed at how your "first try" looks like a seasoned pro's best stab at it! lol
Facepainting by Tina
Facepainting by Tina

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2012-09-12

http://www.tinassugarshack.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next