Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solving the "lid problem"

5 posters

Go down

Solving the "lid problem" Empty Solving the "lid problem"

Post by JJJJJ Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:13 pm

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to come up with the best way to get past the "lid dilemma." Unscrewing and re-screwing lid after lid after lid is beginning to bug me. I just got a Fat Max (yep--I LOVE mine too). And now I want to get all my paint into two wooden trays I have (or buy two cases or something) so when I open the Fat Max, I can set a flat lightweight board or something on top, and then set the two paint trays on that.

After the gig, I want to be able to put both trays into the bottom compartment of the Fat Max and GO. The paints would be attached to the trays with Velcro. I'd just like to lay a sheet of acrylic over the whole bunch of them as a sort of "uni-lid," if that makes any sense.

Or ... WHAT? What things have you all done to avoid all that time with 25 lids?

Are there any products you've found work best to store all the paints without lids, and to use along with the Fat Max set-up?

THANKS in advance for any input!!! Surprised)

Joan

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Solving the "lid problem" Empty Re: Solving the "lid problem"

Post by Fabtastic Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:59 pm

There are quite a few threads where people have posted pics of their Fat Max setups. I think a lot of us leave the lids off and have different ways of doing so.

I have two different types of plastic containers which fit perfectly into the bottom of my FM. I just pop the one big lid on each tub or in the case of the partitioned bins without lids, I have a spare lid that I lay across it before I stack another one on top. A lot of people do velcro their paints in; I do not - in the open tubs I have rubbery stuff in the bottom that stops them from moving around. The partitioned bins (which I love) don't need it. BTW, the partitioned bins are from Really Useful Boxes and the rectangular TAG/DFX containers fit perfectly into them. I am in the process of transferring all my paints into empty rectangular ones so I can use those ones exclusively.

I do have a light board that I set on top which I put trim around the edge of, to keep stuff from sliding off.

Here's a pic of my setup to help you see how I do it. But do a search on the forum, there are lots of other really fantastic ideas out there.
Solving the "lid problem" Setup_23_800x600
Fabtastic
Fabtastic

Number of posts : 639
Registration date : 2010-07-10

http://www.fabtastic.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:22 am

Thanks so much, Isabelle. I really like all that surface area you've got on top of yours. Mine is new and I'm just re-arranging things for the third (?) time. I'm trying to get my time down for set-up and break-down. I like your rectangular-sectioned one.

I will look at the other Fat Max posts again. I'm trying to customize for a set of trays I already have and want to keep using, so ... thanks for the "Really Useful Boxes" suggestion. I'll look it up.

Thanks again! Very Happy

JJJJJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:41 am

$5 scrapbook paper holders from Walmart. Everything is velcroed in & the lids latch shot(unlike the "Laptops" many face paint companies sell), so no paints are falling out.
Solving the "lid problem" Paintc17Solving the "lid problem" Paintc18Solving the "lid problem" Mysetu12
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by a face painting mom Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:47 am

I do something simular to Linda's set up, my picture is on other threads, and I can't find it on my computer right at the moment. I use stanley tool boxes, foud them at walmart, they had little purple boxes inside, that are removable, they run about 12 bucks. They fit rignt in the fat max. I use some bubble wrap cut to size as a "lid" so my paints are protectd when I close them. I like Linda's better, I think. My boxes don't lay flat, and I duct taped some brush holders to them, but still am not 100% happy. I am getting there. The bubble wrap is my solution for a light weight "lid"

Still toy with the rifle case idea. Sigh, I can't change my set up for a while...my husband would kill me!
a face painting mom
a face painting mom

Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2011-07-13

http://www.afacepaintingmom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:44 pm

Thank you all for the suggestions. I'm "getting there" too with the set-up (although I have a feeling that "there" is never really "there" Surprised), and that that's part of the fun! Thanks again! Smile

JJJJJ

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:05 pm

So true--always adapting. I am satisfied (basically) with my present set-up, no lids, everything velcroed in w/ a black hand towel placed on top to prevent travel drips....
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down