Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to deal with a problem like this??

5 posters

Go down

How to deal with a problem like this??  Empty How to deal with a problem like this??

Post by funfacesbybrenda Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:08 am

Last Sunday I paid for a table to do face-painting (like a pop out market)
Anyway the place was dead Sad I wasn't able to do a single design anyway there was this Henna lady which also called herself "face painter" she comes to me and ask me if I would like to join her to do another event later on I say why not she kind of explain me what it about she said because her "manager paid for the booth she will be the one paying me after the event,we get to the place and it was a religious festival name Diwali(Hindu) obviously everybody wanted henna and finally had my first client which she charged $8 per design after I finished I always take picture of my work and give my biz card away she had a professional camera and insist to Only take pictures because of the "quality" I didn't like that idea plus she didn't want me to give my cards away she said she will explain me why later on later on I keep taking pics of my work she also was using her "pro" camera at the end she paid me and say her "manager" will email me the pictures,well today someone post the link of her FB in my page and she add the face painting I did on her FB page so I called her to talk to her but she was busy :/ how would u manage a situation like that ???
Thanks Evil or Very Mad confused
funfacesbybrenda
funfacesbybrenda

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Back to top Go down

How to deal with a problem like this??  Empty Re: How to deal with a problem like this??

Post by Tuli* Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:13 am

write on her wall "Oh thank you for posting up my work! you're a great photographer" tongue
Tuli*
Tuli*

Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2011-05-24

http://www.dazzlingfaces.org

Back to top Go down

How to deal with a problem like this??  Empty Re: How to deal with a problem like this??

Post by rthling Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:13 am

Ouch. I'm sorry you got taken advantage of. Sounds like a shady character to me. Did you get paid, at least?
rthling
rthling

Number of posts : 1830
Registration date : 2010-10-05

http://www.fancyfacesbydiane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by funfacesbybrenda Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:16 am

But she fixed the pictures and label them Sad
funfacesbybrenda
funfacesbybrenda

Back to top Go down

Post by funfacesbybrenda Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:18 am

She did paid me ! She's very sneaky her face painting is awful Sad I will post a pic tomorrow !
funfacesbybrenda
funfacesbybrenda

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuli* Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:31 am

Give us her link! I'm pretty sure Shannon will have something for you to say... She's a master at getting back to those ppl.
Tuli*
Tuli*

Back to top Go down

Post by funfacesbybrenda Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:40 am

Wow really Tuli? I'll wait for her reply tomorrow if she doesn't put it down I'll post her link Smile thanks Smile
funfacesbybrenda
funfacesbybrenda

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuli* Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:45 am

Not a problem... Twisted Evil
Tuli*
Tuli*

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:20 am

At least now you know why she wanted the photos on HER camera - if she takes them, she legally owns the copyright. Sad How horrible of her!
Kammy
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by leapinglizards Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:27 am

BUT if she doesn't have a release from the model and/ or artist she is not licensed to DO anything with them.

leapinglizards

Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2009-10-31

http://www.livecanvasart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by funfacesbybrenda Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:17 am

She doesn't have any realease form I email her and text her already she put some pics down only need 2 more Smile ! Thanks to everybody for the input !
funfacesbybrenda
funfacesbybrenda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down