Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie Challenge #18--survey, rabbits, and designs, oh my!

+16
ninaschau
mamilala2004
loveallyourart
PaolaSunglow
shadowdrawing
Erica's Funny Faces
Valerie A
l!zzie
Acanthus
JennyNixe
daphne78
SmileyBee Faces
~*hysteria*~
Sandie
Creabella
amylady222
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Newbie Challenge #18--survey, rabbits, and designs, oh my! Empty Newbie Challenge #18--survey, rabbits, and designs, oh my!

Post by amylady222 Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:17 pm

So this week I am asking a question first

Are you interested in these weekly challenges? Should they keep going or are you finished doing them?
Let me know and if I feel there is a need I will keep doing it.

SO I had a fellow painter ask for us to do rabbits this week--OK sounds fine to me!
BUT when doing your rabbit I want you do to TWO things first--
1. Sketch on paper the base of a rabbit--NO DETAILS--think about the base colors--just put the base down
2. after that sketch the details of the rabbit--the Fur, the nose, shadow, and high lights
3. Put them together and see what you come up with.

Not sure if that make sense, but hope it helps a little---looking at the full face and then the details.

Can't wait to see!
amylady222
amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Newbie Challenge #18--survey, rabbits, and designs, oh my! Empty Re: Newbie Challenge #18--survey, rabbits, and designs, oh my!

Post by Creabella Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:29 am

I think these Challenges are quite fun so I would say keep on coming with these Challenges!!!

I will do my best on the bunny Very Happy
Creabella
Creabella

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2012-11-02

https://www.creabellafaceart.nl

Back to top Go down

Newbie Challenge #18--survey, rabbits, and designs, oh my! Empty Re: Newbie Challenge #18--survey, rabbits, and designs, oh my!

Post by Sandie Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:41 am

Keep them coming! I don't do many, but hope to change that! Love to see what others are doing!
Sandie
Sandie

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2012-09-19

http://www.imaginebysandie.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*hysteria*~ Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:27 pm

The challenges are great, especially for newbies like me! It helps open up ideas and creativity while offering constructive criticism and praise from fellow painters.

Is it a rabbit face or can we paint just a rabbit?
~*hysteria*~
~*hysteria*~

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2012-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileyBee Faces Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:32 pm

Smile Just seen this. and I am really interested.
SmileyBee Faces
SmileyBee Faces

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2012-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:32 pm

There aren't really "rules" so paint what every rabbit you would like---Full body would be pretty cool! ha ha ha
Who will take that challenge?!

So far we are 4/4 for yes---looks like they might keep going--SERIOUSLY--if you think they aren't that interesting vote NO---I will NOT hold it against you! Smile
amylady222
amylady222

Back to top Go down

Post by daphne78 Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:36 am

I go for a yes!
daphne78
daphne78

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2012-08-22

http://daphneschminkt.webklik.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Creabella Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:50 am

Is this a hard challenge?

Or is everyone busy?

I myself do want to do this challenge, but I have been busy as well. Busy with not feeling great and nursering my ill husband and besides that taking care of the kids and household etc...

I will do the challenge as soon as I am up for it!

Anyone else too??!
Creabella
Creabella

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyNixe Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:57 am

Yes, we should keep going. I have sicky people here, but I will try tomorrow.
JennyNixe
JennyNixe

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2012-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Acanthus Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:24 am

I love the idea of doing the challenges, but I am so new I'm a little intimidated by this one! I can literally count on one hand how many times I've painted a face (as opposed to practicing on my own leg)!

I might work up the courage to have a crack at it, but it'll have to be a grey or black and white rabbit - I have so few paints. Very Happy
Acanthus
Acanthus

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by l!zzie Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:29 am

Ow please Acanthus, no one on this forum forgets the fact that everyone started once as a newbie!!
I can imagine a rabbit can be a little intimidating, but these newbie challenges, are a great way to practise and share your skills!
You only learn how to paint, by doing it!!
So... Paint and feel free to share!
l!zzie
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:51 pm

Acanthus, please try the rabbit, we are all sorts of new here. Also see the "Show and Tell," it's a great way to do some things you are comfortable with.
Valerie A
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:09 pm

Acanthus---That is why this is a NEWBIE THREAD! It is a safe place to post things and get feed back on how to make them better (if you want feedback just let us know, if not--tell us) People are really supportive on here! Plus is a rabbit is hard--go back and start with an easier newbie challenge---

I actually started these because i entered a halloween contest that the site puts on and I was the worst face by far---I didn't feel like there was a good place to post stuff for newbies--since it is easy to compair it to a person who has been painting for years, or has natural talent (I have neither)!

So post away!
amylady222
amylady222

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica's Funny Faces Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:29 pm

I can't do any sort of drawing, that's why I am a bit put off by this one.
Erica's Funny Faces
Erica's Funny Faces

Number of posts : 1306
Registration date : 2012-08-20

http://www.thefunnyfacepainter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Acanthus Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:58 pm

OK, here goes. This isn't the best of what I've managed so far, but this was the canvas available to me - my dear wriggly little 17 month old son! A very quick and CHEATING approach to the challenge. Very Happy

Newbie Challenge #18--survey, rabbits, and designs, oh my! Img_4710

Here's a close up of the bunny-end! I *do* have a better handle on mammal anatomy than this demonstrates, I promise. It looks like a roast chicken with a fluffy tail and ears disappearing into a hole, but baby was losing patience by then. Very Happy

Newbie Challenge #18--survey, rabbits, and designs, oh my! Img_4711

The other end is just a bit of grass and more footprints.
Acanthus
Acanthus

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyNixe Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:03 pm

Here's my first try (sorry the photo's so awful).

Newbie Challenge #18--survey, rabbits, and designs, oh my! 8370772671_11f4231e9e
JennyNixe
JennyNixe

Back to top Go down

Post by Acanthus Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:26 pm

Peeps! So clever! Very Happy
Acanthus
Acanthus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:35 pm

Acanthus, That was GREAT! so cute to have him hopping down the hole with the little bunny prints on the rainbow...and HEY, if you can paint a wiggly toddler that well you are pretty amazing!

Very clever, Jenny! Love how sugar-coated they are too!
Valerie A
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowdrawing Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:50 pm

Cute Bunny butt! I wouldn't even know where to start drawing the hind end! Very Happy

PEEPS! Ha! The Just Born factory is not far from my house! Love them!
shadowdrawing
shadowdrawing

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2012-08-19

http://www.shadowdrawing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Creabella Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:23 am

Wow, I think they look noth lovely !!!!
Today I won't have the time yet (sigh), but I will do it tomorrow!!!
Creabella
Creabella

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:31 am

Bunny butts and Peeps! Too cute! How ever did you get a 17mo to be still long enough?
Sandie
Sandie

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2012-09-19

http://www.imaginebysandie.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Acanthus Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:28 pm

Thanks everyone! Sandie, I strapped him into his booster seat and put an episode of Playschool on the TV. Terrible maternal confession there. The last bit of detail and bunny-shaping involved a lot of "hang on! Last bit! oogaboogabooga lookit the TV! *raspberry on his head* juuuust a little longer..."

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why it looks more like a roast chicken in disguise. Very Happy
Acanthus
Acanthus

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:32 pm

These are SO cute!

17 month old---on my 19 month old I get get more than a few green swips and big eyebrows for the hulk--I am really impressed with the idea, the painting, and the cutie it is painted on! Way to go!

LOVE the Peeps idea! How cute are those?

Can I steal every idea I have seen so far?

Nice!
amylady222
amylady222

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:54 pm

Amylady please keep these challenges going. i did not realize they were weekly!!! lol! PS is the paper drawing something that need to be presented? I paint directly i do not draw before hand.
Please do not say you have no talent, that is absolutely nonsense! Look at your butterfly!! i think in all the challenges the important point is to use one's imagination and come out from the habit of copying and bit by bit build self-esteem. Which by the way this forum is excellent at!!! and i adore all of you TALENTED artists!

Erica you do not need to know how to draw to be able to paint! Very Happy paint is different. I am great for example with pencils but suck with colors on a flat surface. Face painting is very different and it MOVES!!!

Acanthus your story was the cutest i ever read!! love your bunny...or half bunny and what a great idea to make a path and paint the prints!

Jennynixe those are very cute bunnies. I love them with the glitter and all! How did you manage to show that glitter shining?!! i have never been able to do that!!

PaolaSunglow
PaolaSunglow

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://www.sunglowfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyNixe Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:23 pm

Paola, I just snapped the picture using my iPad camera. Maybe it's because my arm is at an angle? The glitter on the yellow bunny is Sally Girl, which is a chunkier glitter.

And anyone can use any of my designs -- Nothing is really new at this point, and I borrow liberally myself.
JennyNixe
JennyNixe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next