Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinions on Kits?

3 posters

Go down

Opinions on Kits? Empty Opinions on Kits?

Post by Lunar Wolf Art Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:25 am

So I have been thinking of buying one of these face paint kits and I have narrowed it down to two.

1. http://www.facepaintshopaustralia.com/face-painting-kits/face-painting-starter-kits/face-paint-kit-global-colours-pro/

2. http://www.facepaintshopaustralia.com/face-painting-kits/face-painting-starter-kits/face-painter-pro-starter-kit-tag-body-art-australia/

Which do you think is best/worth it? I am not too familiar with Global so i am unsure.

Thank you!
Lunar Wolf Art
Lunar Wolf Art

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2017-03-22

Back to top Go down

Opinions on Kits? Empty Re: Opinions on Kits?

Post by Kris5115 Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:14 am

Either looks like a great kit. Global and TAG are both excellent brands. You can make additional split cakes (one strokes and rainbow cakes) with the solid colors.
Kris5115
Kris5115

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:47 am

since you are starting out, i might advocate for going smaller and trying a variety of colors first.

it's tempting to get a set of full cakes that looks "pro" but i can almost guarantee that you will discover other colors and split cakes you want, in addiction.

or discover colors you don't end up using, but you're stuck with a full cake.

then there are glitters and gems to add.

i am a big fan of metallic and pearl colors, (as well as non-primary shades, some of which the large kits do have) so would suggest thinking of getting some of those, too. for instance, metallic/pearl red or pink, turquoise, and silver.

all professional brands of face paint offer small palettes of colors, including regular and metallic/pearl, and some offer split or rainbow palettes, too, for about $30.

you could get a couple of those to try out, then invest in larger cakes of the colors you really like.

then you can use the smaller palettes to practice with.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down