Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Jackson NJ and need to buy paint kit asap

5 posters

Go down

In Jackson NJ and need to buy paint kit asap Empty In Jackson NJ and need to buy paint kit asap

Post by DeannaB Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:28 pm

Hi. HELP HELP HELP I'm visiting family (with lots of kids) and I wanted to bring my mini kit but TSA wouldn't let it pass. They wanted to count it as toiletries. So I'm at my Sister's at 773 Green Valley Rd., Jackson NJ 08527. Does anyone know where I can get a decent face painting kit quick???? Like today???? Please call or text me at 254-458-8293. Even a loanner kit would be great. I was bringing:

Wolfe Black & White
Tag rainbow cakes & one swipes
Krylon solid colors basic and secondary
Green fantasy 1/2 sponges
3/4 in flat brush
Round brushes 2, 3, 4, 5, & 8
Poofer with iridescent glitter
DeannaB
DeannaB

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-03-03

http://www.darlingdesigns-fp.com

Back to top Go down

In Jackson NJ and need to buy paint kit asap Empty Re: In Jackson NJ and need to buy paint kit asap

Post by ReRe Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:01 pm

Just txt'd you. Go to Michaels' craft store. They carry Snaz kits that will get you thru your dilemma.
ReRe
ReRe

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2013-10-28

http://jazzndazzle.com

Back to top Go down

In Jackson NJ and need to buy paint kit asap Empty Re: In Jackson NJ and need to buy paint kit asap

Post by Valerie A Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:30 pm

I know, it doesn't have to "make sense" for them to do that...but any idea why they would want to count it as toiletries? it's not liquid! (it's not'paint' either)
I took some of mine to Hawaii last April in a Container Store 1 1/2" flat, clear, plastic container--no problems. So strange they did this to you.

Last edited by Valerie A on Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Valerie A
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:49 pm

The word "Paint" is on a NO FLY list.
Wall paint has a low flammable temperature, so do not travel with your house paint….

If travelling with Face Paint…
It is "Face Make Up"…
or "Face Macquillage".

When I travel with my oils,
I am careful to travel with my MSDS for Old Holland colours. There is no word on the MSDS that states the word "paint". These are "artists' colour suspended in vegetable oil".

Common sense is not always common.
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:43 pm

My mini travel kit is always packed as my toiletries - why was that a problem for you? Ziploc bagged, no liquids. Never had an issue - sure I get swabbed, occasionally the bag needs to be emptied for them, but nothing has ever been rejected.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris5115 Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:04 am

I just got back yesterday morning from Honduras and had no problems bringing a bunch of face paints through 4 flights, including international/customs. My 11 year old's backpack was searched both ways though (they let her and all of her stuff through eventually).
Kris5115
Kris5115

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down