Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help needed ASAP

Go down

Help needed ASAP Empty Help needed ASAP

Post by Heather Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:46 am

Hey everyone,

I'm all packed up and ready to head out at 5:00 p.m. today for my weekend long gig, but reading online, I'm starting to get a little concerned that they won't let the paints onto the plane in my carry on. I've been able to get the MSDS sheets for Snaz and Wolfe (just in case), but I haven't been able to find them online for Mehron (Paradise AQ). Does anyone have a copy that they could send me?

TIA! Smile
Heather
Heather

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2009-07-10

http://www.manhattanmasqueradenyc.com

Back to top Go down

Help needed ASAP Empty Re: Help needed ASAP

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:27 am

As long as they are ALL dry cakes you should be fine. I've travelled internationally (Canada-US-Netherlands-UK, UK-Belgium, UK-Canada, Canada-US, US-Canada etc.) and the dry cakes in original containers never were an issue.

The creams are however, better in a checked bag.

Back to top Go down

Post by Heather Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:31 am

Hey Shannon,

They're all SUPPOSED to be dry, but you know how goo-ey some of the Snaz cakes can get (particularly the sparkle and metallics). And I'm finding the same thing with my new favorites playthings - the Kryolan interferenze.

I'm assuming I'll be fine (and I gave myself two hours to argue with the agents if need me), I was just trying to be super prepared - because i am NOT checking this case. ::puts on serious attorney hat:: Wink
Heather
Heather

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:48 am

I only ever travel with carry-on bags (EXCEPT when I was competing at the US Body Painting Festival - had to check the bag with the Fardel.)

I have taken Kryolan, Wolfe and Snaz in my bag without any problem - but they were dry. If individual cakes, I stacked them in a ziploc bag, rolled it up and stuffed it down in the bottom of my backpack. The Kryolan is the 24-colour tin box, and I put brushes in there as there is room. Once I was asked to take the box out as it is metal and open it for security - but only once in about 12 security checks.

Depending on the airport's scanners... the make-up should not be a problem.... the older machines might require you to open it up though. And then there is always the human element - cranky security staff!!!

Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Heather Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:13 pm

FYI, I have the MSDS sheets. If anyone needs them, just sent me a PM with your email address, and I'll fwd them along. Smile
Heather
Heather

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down