Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facepainter Costume?

+24
Kitty's Make-up Studio
Beans
Wildcatfin
LoneWolf
Magic
contrachapado
Dynamike
Erica
LillyW
aprilmoonflower
starponysmama
KathyO
CPFaces
WyndyO
PatB
squiggle
Ashley Pickin
Metina
Lady Jayde
MandiIlene
Perry Noia
Kristal
JBax
Fanie
28 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Facepainter Costume? - Page 3 Empty Re: Facepainter Costume?

Post by PatB Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:14 pm

I've been wearing Little Mismatched for a couple of years. I LOVE the designs. They DO get attention.

I tend to wear neutral colors (this time of year primarily black mock turtleneck and black corduroy pants), make sure my apron has a little bit of color and go crazy with my socks.

Ooooo... they have a Sock Monkey!
lol!
PatB
PatB

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolf Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:22 am

I have some costumes (there are some of the old one on my homepage http://www.lone-wolf.dk/ansigtsmaling.html), but would like that some was more detailed. It just cost so much. So now I just buy a little bit more when I find something interesting =)

If there isn't a theme I just dress in my "normal" outfit (I don't really have so much normal clothing..) and a small facepaint design if I have the time. It doesn't take more time to put on a costume and some facepaint, than ordinary clothing and facepaint, so I don't charge more.
LoneWolf
LoneWolf

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2008-10-04

http://www.lone-wolf.dk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcatfin Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:42 pm

I always dress up unless I'm working behind the scenes, and even then I have black tops with my www etc and what I do front & back.
Facepainter Costume? - Page 3 Heat_p10
It started off as a disguise, really, I had kids in the UK working out where I lived & knocking on my door at all hours. In costume they notice my face less! Plus I then started wearing wings as I was making them to sell by then AND wings stop people crowding you so much - they stay back so as not to get knocked by them!

I'm usually a rainbow fairy (cos thats the colours of my fave pair of wings i made) though as I had a range of tye-dyed shirts done I can swap around a bit. Also I had slightly different things heated onto each tshirt - like 'face painter' or that PLUS my www, or 'face painting fairy' etc. Means I can still wear it if I have been hired and am not meant to advertise my own www - but am still in the recogniseable colours of my www. (I use rainbow on all my marketing). Facepainter Costume? - Page 3 Rainbo10 Facepainter Costume? - Page 3 Rainbo11

I find it helps me stand out from the crowds, encourages more photos (which will then have my www in!) AND makes me more memorable. Plus hides paint splashes!

Mainly I have a matching knee length skirt with sort of flared stocking things (too hot to have tights/ trousers under the skirt) under it. So very safe and comfy for working with kids!
But at music fests/ nightclubs etc I'm a bit more daring (cos everyone is and its more adults than kids) and have tutus with big built in knickers that I wear with mad fishnets and legwarmers & wigs, etc.
Facepainter Costume? - Page 3 Rainbo12

At Halloween I'm a witch of my own design (pretty) and Xmas i wear my green wings, a green skirt and red tops. Still looking for the perfect skirt....

Cat x
Wildcatfin
Wildcatfin

Number of posts : 502
Location : Mainly being a fairy face painter at Bewilderwood in UK
Registration date : 2008-12-16

http://www.bodypaintingbycat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PatB Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:02 pm

I LOVE the tutus! If only I was 35 years younger and 50 pounds lighter. lol!
PatB
PatB

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Beans Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:48 am

This is just what I needed to read! I realise the thread is before my time but I am just going through a similar change.
Currently I have a white (yes i know affraid white) t shirt with my www logo and FACE ART CREW in bold type on the back only. I can layer it over a preferably pink long sleeve when its cooler and I just wear jeans. I'm comfortable in jeans. But I am going to be temping at a market where the resident FP is a fairy (an injured fairy) and I am so plain that I feel I should add a touch of whimsy to my look. SO I thought a mini bright coloured top hat would suit me to the ground! I always have my face painted and I really like the capri and bright socks idea! Better get shoes to match... What a Face
Beans
Beans

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2011-03-09

http://www.madeupbyleona.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitty's Make-up Studio Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:37 am

Because I've stopped colouring my hair because of allergy reaction I decided to wear a wig... and with the wig came the dress... and with the dress the facepaint.
So I'm a bit of a gothic fairy now. I also have a nice black velvetlook jacquet with glitterstones. I combine it with a short skirt, colourfull panties and a purple shirt.
Facepainter Costume? - Page 3 Paars11
Kitty's Make-up Studio
Kitty's Make-up Studio

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2011-02-05

http://www.kittysmakeupstudio.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by tanyamaldo119 Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:07 am

MandiIlene wrote:I have recently decided that in lieu of a costume I am only going to buy purple clothing from now on for gigs. It's my favorite color and my cards are purple. I am trying to brand myself as the purple lady. I also bought a bunch of bandanas and plan to wear them for all events. Again, I am in a small town and people tend to remember things like that, mostly because I am one of two face painters in town without calling over to Orlando,(an hour away) which people will PAY a lot more for.

Being in central Florida it is too dang hot 75% of the year to wear anything more than a t shirt and capris/shorts. But I am gaining on the losing weight battle (-40 this year) and hopefully by next summer I won't be the olne sweating my butt off all the time!

~*~Mandi~*~

I am doing the same thing. My favorite color is purple so I spray painted my FatMax purple and I just ordered lavender polo shirts with my logo embroidered on them. I actually have been getting compliments lately for professionalism. I had the marketing manager of a restaurant I face paint for tell her manager that I dress very professional and clean when he asked her how is my appearance was. The reason he asked is because he wanted to hire me for a big employee event in the summer. Another customer complimented me yesterday and said that out of all of the face painter websites she looked at in my area I looked the most kid friendly. She said she was scared of some face painters because they had all these piercings and colored hair and she was afraid of having a person she was uncomfortable with coming into her home and being around her children. She said she was happy and relieved when she saw my picture.
tanyamaldo119
tanyamaldo119

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2010-08-09

http://www.misstanyasfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachymango Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:11 am

I like my long skirts fairy/hippy look I don't dye my hair anymore so have long silver/grey hair. Big dangly earrings and rings braclets etc. Also tend to wear the Tie Dye look as it's easy to buy up here in the Territory and Indonesias not to far for a holiday shopping trip.
Peachymango
Peachymango

Number of posts : 647
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Fun Frog Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:58 pm

As my name suggests I have a black tshirt with Fun Frog Face Painting and a large frog printed on it teamed with 3/4 pants or jeans (depending on the season). Also goes with the frog ear rings, large toy frog that sits on top of the tent and many smaller frogs which hang from the roof supports of my tent (keeps the littlies looking up so I can paint their faces)and a frog beanbag seat. Now working on a frog hat. All my stationary has the same frog (my avatar) so branding as the Fun Frog Face Painting should stick in peoples minds. Get the picture FROGs, FROGs and more FROGs!!!! lol!
Fun Frog
Fun Frog

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2011-05-17

http://www.funfrogfacepainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGildedCat Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:13 pm

Shannon Fennell wrote:(I'm beginning to sound a little "off" here aren't I... Facepainter Costume? - Page 3 Icon_scratch ... Shut-up Jeanette!)

This alone is full of win, lol.
TheGildedCat
TheGildedCat

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2010-09-06

http://www.thegildedcat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3