Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013

+16
facesbybelle
angeabange
YvonneGrant
novice tammy
l!zzie
pattyofurniture
ambercat
gypsy6974
nancy!
rubyzcreationz
creativefunfaces
jnzfoo
nikkili26
Sneezle
thouartbeautiful
Valerie A
20 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013

Post by thouartbeautiful Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:02 am

Thanks Amber and gypsy :)I've always painted my preschool kids and for some reason never had the squinting problem before, it must be because I was their teacher and they trusted me more.  Since I've decided to go professional and no longer working there I've had hardly anyone to practice on but myself (my family's up north), so I guess I have a long way to go in "on site experience."  I love that lovely Ms. Yoko said in her last video to try and not go too slow on the line work or it gets messy (paraphrasing of course).  It's helped me a lot already.

I did decide to bring my stamps with me, I so far use face paint on them but will buy a stamp pad when I get some funds, at this point I can't justify any more investment until I start bringing in some income.  They've so far come in handy for a rainbow on a little girls had that didn't want to have a brush near her and I have a "thank you" one for my cards and such.  

It's funny for me that I didn't sell a single wreath because I've done bazaars in the past and completely sold out (prior to trying FP'ing) I'm gutsy and walk into the store trying to "sell" them to the floral dept. (they can never buy because it's corporate) and someone almost always buys it from me in the parking lot.  Saves a vendor fee at least.  

Super excited for December 7 & 8th, I'm doing another bazaar and they're putting me next to Santa! ^.^ Good warm fuzzies on that one! So far my holiday designs include holly, reindeer, santa or elf hat, angel, snow mask, candy cane mask and a snowy tree landscape and eskimo wuppie Wink
thouartbeautiful
thouartbeautiful

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2013-09-21

http://www.thouartbeautiful.com

Back to top Go down

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013

Post by thouartbeautiful Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:05 am

gypsy6974 wrote:I give up. All I can add is links. OH well tomorrow is another day. Thanks to you all. Now I am going to look at all the other's pics.
What beautiful wuppies!! <3 A link works just fine, some even prefer it (takes a lot for some to load pictures with horrible internet connections) so no worries :)You did great! cheers
thouartbeautiful
thouartbeautiful

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:07 am

In addition, I love your avatar Amber, I've tried a teddy bear once and it forgot to look warm and fuzzy :/ will try again someday but I put that design on the back burner for now...
thouartbeautiful
thouartbeautiful

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:27 am

thouartbeautiful wrote:
gypsy6974 wrote:I give up. All I can add is links. OH well tomorrow is another day. Thanks to you all. Now I am going to look at all the other's pics.
What beautiful wuppies!! <3 A link works just fine, some even prefer it (takes a lot for some to load pictures with horrible internet connections) so no worries :)You did great! cheers
Thanks once again thouartbeautiful. I am still trying even though I set I would give up and it's driving me nuts. I am going to the shower now. I do thank you about the woopie. Your wreaths are beautiful. I would like to make one for the Saints Game for Christmas. Somehow incorporate black & gold into it. Maybe with tulle or a heavy ribbon. Anyway, I do thank you for all your help. It is appreciated so much.

Last edited by gypsy6974 on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:13 am

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 4 GUMBOFESTIVAL069_zpsd21999a2

hmmmmmmm.

gypsy, this is yours (super cute, btw)...
all i did was click on the "links to share this picture" choice of IMG.

highlight and copy the link next to IMG, and just paste it.
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:15 am

i meant THIS one was super cute.lol....
Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 4 FACEPAINTING0382_zps9d112d87

and this is the one you wanted to share
Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 4 FACEPAINTING2027_zps8303a9b1

they all look great, by the way.

basically, when you copy the link it gives you the following code to paste (i altered it a bit so you can read the code, but you should just copy/paste it)

[ URL=https://s1162.photobucket.com/user/gypsy6974/media/FACEPAINTING2027_zps8303a9b1.jpg.html][IMG ]https://2img.net/h/i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q534/gypsy6974/FACEPAINTING2027_zps8303a9b1.jpg[/IMG ][/URL ]
nikkili26
nikkili26

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:20 am

ambercat wrote:Hi Andrea! Very Happy Love your pics too!! Marvellous!! I had a laugh where you said the little boy was squinting... I haven't been face painting for that long.... and haven't had a lot of experience with painting actual faces... so when I started, I was unprepared for squinting and wriggling etc... One little boy squinted as well for me when I was doing the Teenage Mutant Ninja turtle...I was nowhere near his eyes either!! He then decided he'd had enough and started wriggling out of the chair! Thankfully I had the turtle face and mask just about on... no nice outlining though.... I'm now more prepared for little wrigglers!

If I had been there, I would have bought one of your lovely wreaths!! Very nice! Very Happy  And love the look of your kit... are they stamps at the back there? Do you have stamp pads for those as well or do you paint the face paint on them?
when i first sit the kid in the chair, i tell them "DO YOU HAVE TO GIGGLE?" and then i tell them to giggle out their wiggles, ask them their name and find out what they want on their face!
as for the eyes, if they do any squinting or squeezing, i tell them "no no, you have to just pretend you are sleeping." and that always works by the second time i repeat it.

some boys are just so WEIRD about their eyes!lol, and always the ones who want the spiderman or mask!lol...i just paint around the eyes like a mask you wear....and for wiggly ninjaturtles, i just do an outline of green around the mask color of their choice, instead of doing the green mask.the effect is still enough to know that they are a turtle.
also, if a kid is too hyper to sit through a round of painting, if i see them around later, i just tell them to come back and let me finish, and they do.
nikkili26
nikkili26

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:14 pm

Thanks Nikkili but I do this like Andrea said use the box to the side and copy but when it take me to where it should be pasted or the box where it is, it just starts with the Facepainting word. No other coding before and some after it but nothing else. I thank you and I must go resize those pics. in photbucket because they are all blown out of proportion...
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:28 pm

gypsy6974 wrote:Thanks Nikkili but I do this like Andrea said use the box to the side and copy but when it take me to where it should be pasted or the box where it is, it just starts with the Facepainting word. No other coding before and some after it but nothing else. I thank you and I must go resize those pics. in photbucket because they are all blown out oShow and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 4 Th_FACEPAINTING005_zps5623c02ff proportion...
Well I think I got it. I youtube-ed this and now it makes perfect sense. Let's see if I did it right???
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:35 pm

that was Lizzie's woopies she has me hooked on them now. I must show her but I forgot to put in the sky and the grass. I love her woopies. I saw one on a boy last year and it was not that great. But I painted one last year and it is sad, really sad and here it is.Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 4 Th_SCRUFY_zpsdb8cb7b4

Isn't he the saddest little thing and what a awful job I did on him. Last year in August I think.
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:37 pm

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 4 Th_FACEPAINTING2027_zpse11eaaf0
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:38 pm

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 4 Th_GUMBOFESTIVAL100_zpsde0de449
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:43 pm

Don't be so hard on yourself, your Wuppie is cute Smile we are always our worst critics, so no worries.  Glad you got the hang of posting now! Yay!
thouartbeautiful
thouartbeautiful

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:47 pm

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 4 Th_PASHUR2SPIDER_zpsccea111a
My second attempt at the Pasur spider and I love spiders now. The tribals that Nikkili posted was my first attempt at tribals on a human. Not so good, but now I can do that one pretty well. I am also adding another tribal to my memory every time I sit down to paint.
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:50 pm

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 4 Th_FACEPAINTTIGERS001_zpsca9efc41
I have been tweaking these cats to make them mine. Need a pic. of those soon. I saw this somewhere but do not know where now.
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by jnzfoo Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:03 pm

I swear I posted comments on your pictures already gypsy, but it looks like I didn't send it...or something. Anyway, I LOVE the saints design. It is so pretty and the spider totally freaked me out! I hate spiders (shudder) congrats on getting them to post!!!
Patty- your catching fire design is awesome! I love the rainbow pony too keep all
the awesomeness coming you guys!!
jnzfoo
jnzfoo

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2013-11-02

http://madeupdaydreams.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:26 pm

thouartbeautiful wrote:Don't be so hard on yourself, your Wuppie is cute Smile we are always our worst critics, so no worries.  Glad you got the hang of posting now! Yay!
You are so right that we are our worst critics. Yes I am too so glad that I got the hang of it. What an ordeal. I was coping the wrong box all that time. I was not going for the one under the picture. I would click on the pic. open it up and then the boxes on that right side of page I was trying to copy. WRONG! I know how hard it is to try and explain to a novice with a computer how to do things. So I feel for you and dealing with me. But I do know how to youtube everything and why I did not think about that yesterday or the long night before is beyond me. I guess I was just so frustrated and wasn't thinking properly. But the next time someone is having problems posting a pic. tell them to go to youtube and it is so easy. I went to the first box on the list and that video stunk. So I hit the next link down to youbube on my google list and it was perfect and did the trick.
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:32 pm

jnzfoo wrote:I swear I posted comments on your pictures already gypsy, but it looks like I didn't send it...or something. Anyway, I LOVE the saints design. It is so pretty and the spider totally freaked me out! I hate spiders (shudder) congrats on getting them to post!!!
Patty- your catching fire design is awesome! I love the rainbow pony too keep all
the awesomeness coming you guys!!
Thank you jnzfoo. I understand and I use to forget to hit the save button after I made a post and I still sometimes do it. I have been in the forum for about 2 months I guess and just got around to introducing myself. I use to come here last year but was intimidated with being around pros so I did not even register. I was so afraid that I did all my research and figuring things out the hard way. It would have been so much easier on me if I would have just got in here last year.
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:20 pm

jnzfoo wrote:Okay, so I can't figure out how to post a picture on here, but I did get a website published! Does that count a show and tell? Go see and let me know what you think, and maybe even like it for me. Smile
I had a very hard time with posting pics. as you can see throughout the forum. I understood some but I could not get it all. Andrea said go to Photobucket and that is a great idea. Load your pics. in the gallery (it's free) and when you are finished go to Google and YShow and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 4 Th_YOUTUBEHOWTOCOPYANDPASTEPICSTOFPFORUM022_zps8583103bouTube this.
This lady's name is Doodling Debbie so if something goes wrong go to YouTube then type in Doodling Debbie Photobucket tutorial on pasting images. There are many turtiols but they drag it out. She is quick and to the point and it takes 30 to 40 seconds. Quick and easy and she makes it so simple that a 6 year old could do it. It is so hard to explain teck things over the computer. But get your gallery going in Photobucket first. You only have to register and you are in.
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:56 pm

jnzfoo wrote:
Sneezle wrote:Gypsy6974 are you new around here? Welcome. When you are a new member it's taking a while before you can post pictures. I post pictures with photobucket. If you use photobucket you can post the IMG link. Works great for me. Would love to see your work.

jnzfoo really love the flower, swirl design you made, awesome. Did you use a petal brush for the flowers???

thouartbeautiful great party pics! Looks like they are having loads of fun.

rubyzcreationz your one stroke bunny is very cute! Love it.

nikkili26 Great spidey girl design. Great job.

Thanks! You are sweet. I just used a round brush, #6, I believe.
Here I am again and I just got a chance to look at your pics. They are beautiful. I like you Sugar Skull and many more. Great work. How do you take payment to get a deposit to hold their party or to get paid once you are there. Have you heard of square.com, or square reader? This should be a topic on the forum. Why I asked because I did not see a way for people to pay you. Square plugs into your phone and lets you take credit cards. Wish you all the best. Happy Painting
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneezle Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:47 pm

gypsy6974 you don't need to post the url but the IMG link. When you choose links you get 4 choices, choose the img link and post the a copy in your message. Choose a album in your library and move your cursor over a picture you want to post.
Your fleur de lis design is beautiful! Great spiderman.

nikkili26 great designs. Awesome deer design!

jnzfoo you used a round brush, #6, Wow, have to try it. I use a petal brush from grimas but this looks really good.

pattyofurniture great designs. Specially love your christmas designs.

Sneezle
Sneezle

Number of posts : 886
Registration date : 2013-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:33 pm

sneezle, those are gypsy's.aren't they great!i was just led by curiosity to help post them.
nikkili26
nikkili26

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:40 pm

Sneezle wrote:gypsy6974 you don't need to post the url but the IMG link. When you choose links you get 4 choices, choose the img link and post the a copy in your message. Choose a album in your library and move your cursor over a picture you want to post.
Your fleur de lis design is beautiful! Great spiderman.

nikkili26 great designs. Awesome deer design!

jnzfoo you used a round brush, #6, Wow, have to try it. I use a petal brush from grimas but this looks really good.

pattyofurniture great designs. Specially love your christmas designs.

Yes that has been said numerous times throughout these pages. Thouartbeautiful was a big help and tried to explain. But it is hard to explain how a program works (as in Photobucket and others) when a person has never used it until the night before. It is also hard for her to tell where I am going and if I am on the same page, which I wasn't. I did hit the box and picked the one she said. But I clicked on my picture and opened it up then there is a box to the right middle of the page. That is not the thing I was supposed to do but somehow I missed all the little boxes under the individual pictures. I guess that is because I was so frustrated for such a long time trying to read instructions and post. Then this morning a light bulb went off in my head. It said why don't you use YouTube like you always do to find out how to do a thing. I did and the second video was so simple and it took her about 30 to 40 seconds to explain. Then I went to Photobucket and got it right the first time and all the next times. My post above your post is a pic. of Debbie Doodles on YouTube. It has her name and what I goggled to find her. It may help the new people that can't seem to post. We can't post not because we are new but because we are unfamiliar with doing such things. My post above your post should be copied in a topic and put on here for every newbie to the forum to see. This is too simple to work for 2 nights and one almost whole day to do. But thank you.

gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:44 pm

thouartbeautiful wrote:Thank you! They were a lot of fun <3 I really enjoy that I can make the kids so pleased and not have to be "in charge" of their behavior ;)after majoring in art and education, this is truly the best of both worlds...
Your pics. are very beautiful. I am going to bring my brochures to the Catholic School right down the road form me. I wanted to do it this year but a disaster in my family stopped that. It's my grand-daughter's school and it has a carnival and events 3 times a year. So, I am going to go pay them a visit. I was at the fair last May 4th for my g-daughter's pageant but there was no face painter there.
May I ask you what kind of case is that. It looks like an instrument case and that is nice.
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:17 am

It's a gun case and I may be selling it soon, don't know if it would be too much for shipping or not, might sell it on here. I'm thinking $20 plus S&H.
thouartbeautiful
thouartbeautiful

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next