Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013

+16
facesbybelle
angeabange
YvonneGrant
novice tammy
l!zzie
pattyofurniture
ambercat
gypsy6974
nancy!
rubyzcreationz
creativefunfaces
jnzfoo
nikkili26
Sneezle
thouartbeautiful
Valerie A
20 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 5 Empty Re: Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013

Post by gypsy6974 Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:51 pm

thouartbeautiful wrote:It's a gun case and I may be selling it soon, don't know if it would be too much for shipping or not, might sell it on here. I'm thinking $20 plus S&H.
I like it and see it as a great easy carrier for those parties. Maybe I will try one of my brothers gun cases and see the good points and the bad points first. I think it would be great to open one case and everything is there for a quick setup. But it may have drawbacks or you wouldn't want to get rid of it. I will try it out. But then I think what would people say with me walking up with gun case in hand. That might create an issue. WOW, I just remembered that I have two smaller gun cases that may work for what I am looking for. Now all I have to do is try to cover the top with something that will cover the gun makers brand. Thank you so much, I do appreciate the information and I am looking for something different that will house all my paints in one case.
Happy Painting
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-10-26

Back to top Go down

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 5 Empty Re: Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013

Post by thouartbeautiful Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:08 pm

I love my gun case, so don't get me wrong. I just got a bigger one for free and want to share the love. It comes without foam, the new one I got has foam and it was easier for me that way.
thouartbeautiful
thouartbeautiful

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2013-09-21

http://www.thouartbeautiful.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneezle Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:55 pm

gypsy6974, great designs, sorry i missed they were yours. I'm from the Netherlands so it's quite difficult to follow everything you say Wink I'm just trying to be helpfull. Thanks for explaining.
Sneezle
Sneezle

Number of posts : 886
Registration date : 2013-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:07 pm

Sneezle wrote:gypsy6974, great designs, sorry i missed they were yours. I'm from the Netherlands so it's quite difficult to follow everything you say ;)I'm just trying to be helpfull. Thanks for explaining.
Hi, and thank you so very much. I tend to forget that there are people on this forum that are from other countries and English is not their main language. Yes, I can understand your problem. I went to Holland and Germany in 1990 and it was so beautiful. I was on a tram and someone was shouting something. People were getting off very fast and my friend and I just sat there. Then a gentlemen came to us and said you must be American and we said yes, he then said the tram is on fire. We had studied the Dutch language for months before our trip came but it was the regular questions and answers that a tourist would ask. We never thought about disasters. But we were grateful and most of the people did not mind speaking English to us. I loved Holland the most out of the 2 countries that we toured. We did not take a guided tour we just went on our own and went were the tourist do not usually get to go. I wanted to be with the locals. We had a great deal of fun. I just wish we had had a few more weeks because there were other countries we wanted to see. We also found that most people can speak 5 to 7 languages and this was the norm. That is not the case in the USA. We tend to get ticked when we call a company and the recording says press 1 for English and 2 for Spanish. We scream at the recording that this is an English speaking country and we should not have to press anything else to not speak Spanish. We are such a spoiled country. I listened to my mother scream that into the phone for a long time. lol
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:07 am

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 5 2013-115Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 5 2013-116Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 5 2013-117Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 5 2013-118
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:47 pm

Very nice and they all look just beautiful. I see you finally got them to pose for you. Did you have to bribe them. I try that sometimes with my grand-daughter. But she is almost un-bribeable because she is so stubborn.
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:55 pm

yep, told them they could stay up extra late tonight if I can paint their faces Smile
can't wait til they are the bribing age, where I can just pay them money!
nikkili26
nikkili26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneezle Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:58 pm

gypsy6974 great that you visit the Netherlands. I think most of the Dutch speak a bit english but not everyone speaks fluent english. I don't even know if this is good english. Very Happy Where did you stay in the Netherlands? I really love Amsterdam and Haarlem, Delft, Alkmaar, Gouda en Utrecht. Beautiful city's with a old Town and canals. I have Never been in America but my husband was in NewYork for his work last year. What do you love most in your own country and state?

nikkili26 lovely designs, the picture with all three is very cute. Are they you're own kids??? Very cute. Very Happy
Sneezle
Sneezle

Number of posts : 886
Registration date : 2013-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:38 pm

Sneezle wrote:gypsy6974 great that you visit the Netherlands. I think most of the Dutch speak a bit english but not everyone speaks fluent english. I don't even know if this is good english. :DWhere did you stay in the Netherlands? I really love Amsterdam and Haarlem, Delft, Alkmaar, Gouda en Utrecht. Beautiful city's with a old Town and canals. I have Never been in America but my husband was in NewYork for his work last year. What do you love most in your own country and state?

nikkili26 lovely designs, the picture with all three is very cute. Are they you're own kids??? Very cute. Very Happy
My girlfriend and I went to Amsterdam first that was our priority. I heard so much about it and I just had to go there. We were also taking some paintings to a shop in Amsterdam that was interested in another friends work. We did and they bought them. Then we went to The Hague for a few days and then back to Amsterdam. We did love it there but I wanted to see more of the other cities in Holland then go to Belgium. But my friend wanted to go to Germany and she won. We did not get very far into Germany when our train was stopped by the German police and pulled people off the train in the middle of a cow pasture and at gunpoint. Not every passenger just the American ones. Then they were shouting in German and how were we supposed to understand that. I never knew what they said or who they were looking for I just pulled out my passport and gave it to them. They were looking for someone and I am grateful we did not look similar to who they were looking for. It was intimidating to say the least. We found much prejudice towards Americans there but we were in Hamburg. It was as if WWII was still on. I tried not to speak so they would not know that I came from the US, but it was as if we had a neon sign on our heads that said we are Americans. The only time they spoke English to us was when they wanted to argue and it was very broken but we got their intent. We had met some Germans on the plane going over and they were so kind and friendly but lived deep into the country. I don't remember where now it's been so long. I think if we would not have stopped in Hamburg and would have went inland we wouldn't have had that much of a bad experience. But I will never forget that train incident. That is embedded in my memory as is if it were yesterday. We traveled around for a few days and went back to Amsterdam.  We saw everything that we could and enjoyed it so much. My friend was the night-life person and I wanted the the day time activities. I said we could go clubbing and drink at home so why miss the day light hours?  We were very different people like night and day and that was our problem. I would have loved to have seen more of Holland and Belgium but I had had enough of the person that I was with and left her there. I always intended to go back. The people in Holland were very pleasant and did not seem to mind speaking English to us. Yes, some of it was broken but it was good enough to understand. My friend spoke Spanish and we found people who could speak that. I speak some Cajun French but I did not want to use that in a place where they speak eloquent French . We have butchered the French language over the last 200 plus years here. My ancestors on my mother's side came from France and arrived in 1721, all except one who came by way of Canada.
Your English is fine and you are doing a good job in writing it. It is totally understandable. I can read some French and Spanish but I have to translate it in my head and turn it around to English to understand.  
What I love most about my state is the food. It is fantastic and when I go to other states there is good food but nothing like the fresh seafood and dishes we have here. I love New Orleans and it's rich history.  The people of New Orleans are different and friendly on a large part. The bayou's, lakes and the Gulf of Mexico have great fishing, crabs, shrimp, oysters and crawfish. I love all of those activities and eating them too. We are a hunting and fishing for anything family. So I guess it is the food I miss most when I am gone with the exception of family. My Country is in the toilet and sinking fast I do believe, but I am still proud of her. Well I am proud of my Country but not what our government has turned into, since 1912 when Woodrow Wilson was elected. That's when the tables started to turn. I guess I will go down with the ship. I don't know if it is a sign of the times but crime is everywhere and that I am a shamed of. We can't seem to protect the Mexican boarder and we are always in a war or wars and that part sucks. Our government thinks we should police the world and spends too much money on what it ought not to. But from the bayou's to the Rocky Mountains are my favorite parts. I traveled a lot throughout this country and had a chance to see many of our lower 48 states and tour them. I have lived in Las Vegas, Reno and Carson City NV., San Diego, San Francisco, CA., Mesquite, TX. (near Dallas)  and Lakehurst, New Jersey which was all nice but there is no place like home. I have been to NYC a few times and I thought it was fabulous and is big and so much to do. I think you can find every ethnic group in a 2 block area. It is Unique and so many artist of every kind is there and so much talent. But it is expensive to live there unless you would want to live in the meat packing district and I think that would be high too. I think if I could not live in or near New Orleans or if things go sour here I am going to head to St. Lucia in the Caribbean. I have a friend there and he says come on down it is terrific. He left this country for all the reasons I mentioned above.  
I do wish you well and Happy Painting... And Rotterdam just popped into my head and I don't know how I forgot this place but it was beautiful. Here we look at things 100 years as old. There it is 1000's of years and that was a surprise to me.
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by pattyofurniture Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:34 pm

Happy Thanksgiving!  Girls wore these around town and I could hear whispers wondering where the face painting was hehe.

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 5 Photo_zpsde20fd57

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 5 Photo_zps0428c2bb
pattyofurniture
pattyofurniture

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2013-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:04 am

that pie looks great!what did you put on the other side of her face?

(and yeah, I have one boy and one girl, 5 and 2 :)the 4 year old girl is my niece)
(and WOW, gypsy, such fascinating tales!!! Shocked  love it!)
nikkili26
nikkili26

Back to top Go down

Post by pattyofurniture Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:45 pm

Was a pumpkin.  Wasn't really as thrilled with it, but it's a fun addition to the pie.  We're always our own worst critic right?

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 5 Photo_zps2f7f6b95
pattyofurniture
pattyofurniture

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:38 pm

the pumpkin looks good-the only thing i do differently is i make vines, not leaves, for my pumpkins.try it, you may like how it looks better.
nikkili26
nikkili26

Back to top Go down

Post by pattyofurniture Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:23 pm

Good idea with the vines! Thanks for sharing.
pattyofurniture
pattyofurniture

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:29 pm

nikkili26 wrote:yep, told them they could stay up extra late tonight if I can paint their faces Smile
can't wait til they are the bribing age, where I can just pay them money!
I'm laughing at this, good parenting at its finest Very Happy you better tell them that Santa likes kids in the holiday spirit too! I.e. holiday design face paint Wink
thouartbeautiful
thouartbeautiful

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2013-09-21

http://www.thouartbeautiful.com

Back to top Go down

Post by l!zzie Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:27 am

gypsy6974 wrote:
that was Lizzie's woopies she has me hooked on them now. I must show her but I forgot to put in the sky and the grass. I love her woopies. I saw one on a boy last year and it was not that great. But I painted one last year and it is sad, really sad and here it is.Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 5 Th_SCRUFY_zpsdb8cb7b4

Isn't he the saddest little thing and what a awful job I did on him. Last year in August I think.
Oohhhhhhhh, totally missed the pages with your wuppies!!
You did such a great job!!!
Keep on painting them! Very Happy 

About the sad wuppie.... It's all about the antennas! There's the secret in giving the wuppies expression.
Notice how your antennas bend a bit down? That's why he looks a bit sad! Next time practise to give the antennas different directions and see what it does with expression.

Hmmm... Maybe I could make an example of that?!
l!zzie
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by l!zzie Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:39 am

gypsy6974 wrote:We also found that most people can speak 5 to 7 languages and this was the norm. That is not the case in the USA.
The USA's a very big country and can provide all (most) of it's necessities itself.
The Netherlands however, are very small and can't produce everything they need.
That's why they had to trade from ancient times till now, to get everything they need.
So they needed to speak different languages!

In school children are still learning three or two foreign languages (english, german, french).[/quote]
l!zzie
l!zzie

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:26 am

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 5 Th_FACEPAINTING005_zps5623c02f
Here are the wubbies I painted from your pic. I forgot to paint the sky and grass. I was just so happy to get started on them and it slipped my mind. '
I know and that is wonderful that children learn many languages and early. I expected each country to be larger then they were. I was amazed that you could go from one Country to another in a day or less. And I found that many people from all nationalities can be found in a city in Holland and many different languages. I wish we had had languages to choose from early in school. We did in our junior and senior years and I took Spanish. But I think it is easier when we learn early in life. After WWI Germans were forbidden to speak their native tongue even though they were born here and their parents were here for a century or more. So that language was lost. As for as the French so many different nationalities flocked here for the Port of New Orleans and had to speak French and therefore was butchered as they had to learn fast I guest. After 1803 when the United states bought the Louisiana Purchase from the French many British started to flock in because of the money here. Then it became English in schools and only the older stubborn ones held on to their mothers tongue. It was passed down but it is butchered.
Yes the US was the breadbasket for the world at one time. But that has changed too. I do love history whether it is US or World History.
If I forgot how to post the pics. I will try to re-post the wubbies. I hope they come out.
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:26 am

Oh thank God they came out. Thank you Lizzie I love the wubbies.
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by l!zzie Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:43 am

I love you 
l!zzie
l!zzie

Back to top Go down

Post by novice tammy Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:25 pm

pattyofurniture wrote:Happy Thanksgiving!  Girls wore these around town and I could hear whispers wondering where the face painting was hehe.

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 5 Photo_zpsde20fd57

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 5 Photo_zps0428c2bb
My daughter is 24, she does balloon twisting and I the face painting. Sometimes on the weekends when we don't have a gig I'll paint her face and she'll make a cool balloon hat and we will hit Wal-mart and the mall, grocery store or where ever. The prudes roll their eyes of course, but most people love it and want to know where she got it... and we're happy to give them a business card.

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 5 07-13-10
novice tammy
novice tammy

Number of posts : 154

http://www.clowningaroundasheville.net

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:00 pm

omg, tammy, was poking around your site and i LOVE that adorable bee cheekart with the pouncers...sooooooooo cute!
nikkili26
nikkili26

Back to top Go down

Post by novice tammy Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:34 pm

thanks nikki... can't take credit for the designs of the pouncer cheek art... result of google searches. But makes them SUPER easy!
novice tammy
novice tammy

Back to top Go down

Post by novice tammy Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:35 pm

They are my painting though...lol
novice tammy
novice tammy

Back to top Go down

Post by jnzfoo Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:55 pm

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 5 Pb280010

my daughters and nieces at a thanksgiving party we had. It was fun doing some harvesty stuff. Smile
jnzfoo
jnzfoo

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2013-11-02

http://madeupdaydreams.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next