Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show and Tell #5 August - October 2013

+30
granola
ValLovesKids
Russet
funfacesbybrenda
Natasha
Kt81
Jillian Amanda
Spelonberry
lufiszobor
l!zzie
Kammy
ediesbeads
Kris5115
ambercat
Creabella
amoredellomatto
Katurah
rubyzcreationz
Sneezle
TailGunner
shadowdrawing
PaolaSunglow
daphne78
amylady222
silversky
nikkili26
stephen lewis
DannyB
anniel
Valerie A
34 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Show and Tell #5  August - October 2013  Empty Show and Tell #5 August - October 2013

Post by Valerie A Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:33 am

This is our Cozy Little Corner down the hall from the Pros ;)where we just post anything we've been working on that we want to share.

Everyone has varying skills, so please don't be shy to post....even if you see someone's painting that look waaaaay too amazing.

It just takes PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. You can even see that if you look at some of the pros and what they posted when they first started in the forum.

HAPPY PAINTING, everyone!
(to quote Lisa the Fesspenter Wink )

There are also older threads: Show and Tell #1,2,3, and then by months...if you want a little giggle (and to build confidence that we all start somewehere) you can look at them (just put Show and Tell in the search box, or go to google and type in "face paint forum Show and Tell." In fact, since you are probably new to the forum if you are looking at this, doing a search in google "face paint forum" + the subject you are looking for is a much more comprehensive search.

Just so you know....These usually run about 20-25 pages long...just so we don't add 10,000,000 threads all over. Wink 

Last edited by Valerie A on Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:30 pm; edited 3 times in total
Valerie A
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Show and Tell #5  August - October 2013  Empty Re: Show and Tell #5 August - October 2013

Post by anniel Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:23 pm

I love looking at everybody's work!!
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Show and Tell #5  August - October 2013  Empty Re: Show and Tell #5 August - October 2013

Post by DannyB Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:56 pm

Hi,

I am seriously crazy about face painting right now, I must do three faces a day plus dozens of leg and arm doodles!

It dawned on me today that Halloween is coming and so I set out in search of some Halloween designs and of course I came across some tutorials by LisaJoyYoung so I gave two of them a try.

I am super disappointed in my fine lines, mind you the brush I have is a joke... it is a three pronged butchered 20c brush that I got at the dollar store, but it is all I have at the moment so I have to make due, I tried to take a picture but even my camera wanted nothing to do with it.

So I am hoping that my star bursts and lines will improve shortly... (fingers crossed)

Show and Tell #5  August - October 2013  Dscn4910

Show and Tell #5  August - October 2013  Dscn4911

and the full face.. I am sure you get the picture but, well... here it is anyway
Show and Tell #5  August - October 2013  Dscn4912

And design number two - this one is lots of fun Very Happy
Threw in a 'boo' face for S&G
Show and Tell #5  August - October 2013  20130810

At first I found it discouraging watching these tutorials and seeing all the amazing paints that are out there that I didn't have and I almost didn't bother trying any of the designs that called for metallics... I am glad I did try them, even though they aren't as eye popping as Lisa Joy Young's they are still really catchy!

Thanks!
DannyB
DannyB

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2013-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by stephen lewis Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:40 pm

Don't despair DannyB. I think your work is GREAT !! If anything, it can only get better and better with time. As Red Green would say, "remember we're routing for ya".
stephen lewis
stephen lewis

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2013-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:26 am

Danny, Those are great! I think you line work is very nice. Good teardrops! and extra amazing with a wonky brush!
Stephen, I hadn't thought of Red Green for ages! Thanks for the chuckle!
Valerie A
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:43 am

Show and Tell #5  August - October 2013  Kindle10

Can't remember who I copied, but I've been dying to try these designs out-the stitched half skull, the one stroke teddy bear, the necklace style, and a pretty teardrop eye.
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:51 am

Show and Tell #5  August - October 2013  Camera10

This is my own creation...a black wolf! A girl at a bday party asked for one and I had noooooooooo idea what I was doing-I completely coated her face in black-basically did a dog/tiger design, all in black without the stripes.it was awful! I know this isn't the best, but man, I really wish I'd done a face like this at that party Smile
nikkili26
nikkili26

Back to top Go down

Post by DannyB Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:23 am

Nice, I really like the teddy bear design! Smile
DannyB
DannyB

Back to top Go down

Post by DannyB Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:37 am

Hmmm...

I think I might be flooding this place a bit, are we meant to just keep em coming? Coz I don't see an end in sight haha AND I get my new paints today, I am going to be painting in my sleep soon!

So... I have a birthday party tomorrow and it is a littlest pet shop theme, so I thought I should have at least a few designs to bring with me. I have picked the characters I want to use, but I haven't really figured out how to put together a nice design of swirls, tear drops, dots and sparkles yet... I will have to do some research!

I also brought a butterfly face in to add to my full butterfly face but these DO NOT work together... So I think I need to try to come up with a simple butterfly by tomorrow OR scratch the pet shop butterfly face (but I Think it could be SO cute!!)

anyway, here are my my legs

Kitties and zebra's everywhere! haha
Show and Tell #5  August - October 2013  Img-2020

First attempt at a design for around the eye, not happy with it so I will keep plugging away at it! Smile
- took too long and it isn't flasy enough!
Show and Tell #5  August - October 2013  Img-2021

'Scuse the hair! hehe - The butterfly face, gotta find something that fits better
Show and Tell #5  August - October 2013  Img-2022

These are a lot of fun!
DannyB
DannyB

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:52 pm

Show and Tell #5  August - October 2013  Kindle11
Mama clown attempt, my son was begging so I had to try! Shouldn't have used a number 6 round for those tear drops Smile
nikkili26
nikkili26

Back to top Go down

Post by silversky Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:39 pm

Danny, great work, love the butterfly head, I pinched a couple of your Halloween faces for my inspiration file..
Awesome work for a 20c brush
Nicci, love the designs, great that your little one begs for painting (jealous)
silversky
silversky

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by DannyB Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:51 pm

Thanks Silversky,

All of the halloween work is Lisa Joy Young's and there are tutorials on You tube if you need em.

Just went and picked up some new brushes, the Wilton ones for cake decorating that there was a thread about and... they ARE great Smile. No more crappy brush for me, now my bristles stay together without me swirling it a hundred times YAY!

And yes, I wish my daughter still begged to be face painted... sigh*
DannyB
DannyB

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:10 pm

she begs, but omg, as soon as a brush hits her skin, she starts jumping around growling like a tiger, and running off to the mirror, and will not let me get another paint stroke down.

everything I do on her has to be in under 45 seconds, not even joking. forget about a tear drop design!
and lately my husband has been teasing my son about his girly designs so he doesn't want to be painted either. and he never ever wants a boy design.
nikkili26
nikkili26

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:08 am

Nikki, those are so cute! Love the teddy bear and your little boy looks very nice in his girly design Wink I actually think that is a wonderful job you did on it. Too bad he's not wanting to be painted much, he makes a good model...looks so happy about it. Amazing you got the teddy bear on your daughter if she jumps around like that Wink 

Danny, Love those kitty/zebra faces. Such delicate linework. That's a cute Big Eye on your butterfly! Very Happy
And don't worry about loading this up with your work...that's what the Show and Tell is for!!! (Look back and the old ones and you will see what I mean.)
Valerie A
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:49 am

havent painted in about two months, but at least I couldnt get any worse since I am still pretty poor at painting but I will post my daughters faces and sins belly if I can figure it out~ having a smart phone is new to me ~
amylady222
amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:50 am

havent painted in about two months, but at least I couldnt get any worse since I am still pretty poor at painting but I will post my daughters faces and sins belly if I can figure it out~ having a smart phone is new to me ~
amylady222
amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by daphne78 Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:42 am

oooo, here is the new one...
Hope this movie works now... (it's in Dutch)
I will post pictures of recent work Very Happy

daphne78
daphne78

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2012-08-22

http://daphneschminkt.webklik.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by DannyB Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:42 pm

Howdy again...

I have been doing so much research and I was finally ready to try out some face paintings to use for events and parties, new ones anyway...

Here are a few of them Smile

Show and Tell #5  August - October 2013  Img-2025

Show and Tell #5  August - October 2013  Img-2026

Show and Tell #5  August - October 2013  Img-2027

me and my sister Smile
Show and Tell #5  August - October 2013  97157510

Just need to get these done FAST! Still pretty slow... I should do some painting in the neighborhood to practice my speed.. Smile

~Danny
DannyB
DannyB

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:02 am

WOW Danny, it sure paid off to change your 20c brush with the Wilton's!! What an improvement!!cheers 
Still I loved your kitty's with the 20c brush and the butterfly head was awesome!!
I love LJY!! what a great dragon and LOVE the half tigers!!sunny 
Nikki, loved your bear, very nice necklace!! and the wolfe too. Great work! cheers Your Daughter is sure going to help you improve your speed!! WOW 45 seconds!! affraid You will be super fast!!flower 
Amy Lady i am so sad to read you have not practice for two months.Sad  I don't agree with how you think. I remember seen a lot of great work from you. How you doing? Are you in Vietnam? Please try to practice sometime, i see myself sliding back when i don't.I love you
Daphne awesome video!! was that baby shampoo you used? flower 
PaolaSunglow
PaolaSunglow

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://www.sunglowfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by daphne78 Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:53 am

yes Paola, that is baby shampoo, the most common brand in Holland, but normaly I use top to toe from?? It's without perfume.
daphne78
daphne78

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2012-08-22

http://daphneschminkt.webklik.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:42 pm

omg danny, the little dots on the nose, ADORABLE!!! love the face too, never tried a half tiger face yet....gonna be on my to-do because I love yours!

and yeah, my kids are a great speed tool...I remember my shock at my first party when the kids were sitting so completely still....I was like "wow, these are the best kids ever!"....now I know that those kids are normal and it's MY kids who move too much.lol.
nikkili26
nikkili26

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowdrawing Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:33 pm

My first try at peacock feathers!  
Doing some for a photo shoot next week (was supposed to be today but the rain cancelled it).
Love the pouncers and peacock one stroke cake.  

Show and Tell #5  August - October 2013  Dscf1110
shadowdrawing
shadowdrawing

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2012-08-19

http://www.shadowdrawing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:36 pm

Thank you Daphne!! I heard about baby shampoo but never used it!! That was a great demo!! Very Happy
Nikki LOL!!! That is too funny!!! lol!
Shadowdrawing, beautiful feathers!!! Wow!
Had missed that while writing:D
PaolaSunglow
PaolaSunglow

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://www.sunglowfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DannyB Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:31 am

Thanks Nikki and Paola Smile

Those half tigers are my favorite, I remember seeing a design months ago and being like 'OMG... I WISH!' haha, it is amazing how well you can pull a face together once you know (some) of the tricks, its all the same strokes and styles over and over.

I am having the worst luck with One Stroke though, I feel like I am missing something, I just can't get my brush to stay apart or fan out or stay still (so demanding!! haha) but it looks like these are the key points on all of the videos that I just cannot master... Is it the brush?? Is it just me?? sigh* I don't know... Next goal on my list though!

Shadow drawing those peacock feathers are so pretty!! Hopefully we will get to see some pics from the photo shoot? Smile

~ Danny
DannyB
DannyB

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:07 am

one stroke came so easily to me maybe because as a kid, I used to stay up late at night watching donna dewberry infomercials.....maybe you should see if there's any tapes on youtube for free.any brush works-my only reason to even invest in a flat brush is that the cheaper ones will separate from the handle after awhile.but that's why a glue gun comes in handy.
nikkili26
nikkili26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next