Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013

+16
facesbybelle
angeabange
YvonneGrant
novice tammy
l!zzie
pattyofurniture
ambercat
gypsy6974
nancy!
rubyzcreationz
creativefunfaces
jnzfoo
nikkili26
Sneezle
thouartbeautiful
Valerie A
20 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 7 Empty Re: Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013

Post by pattyofurniture Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:28 pm

Love the alien!
pattyofurniture
pattyofurniture

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2013-11-15

Back to top Go down

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 7 Empty Re: Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013

Post by Tongodiva Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:24 pm

gypsy6974 wrote:
Tongodiva nice birds, both of them.

Thanks Very Happy

and Liz, I like it! Very Happy

Tongodiva

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:24 am

Hey there jnzfoo! Best of luck with your first birthday party!!! It's terrifying isn't it!!! I have done the sum total of two parties so far! Not exactly rolling in experience either myself and I was sooo nervous, but once I started painting, I was fine!! I'm sure you'll be the same! Looking forward to hearing how you got on!!!  Very Happy 

Fabulous designs here once again!! Poor Patty.. You're so lucky you didn't end up with concussion after that nasty fall!! I bet you had a massive headache after that!! Love all your designs!! Gorgeous rainbow tiger, Grinch and knight! And the lovely curly butterfly!

Really nice bird there tongodiva and the reptile eye!

Gypsy.. the lizard looks great (and the wuppies!! soooo cute!!)... although, for some reason, the photos are so small on my monitor... I wish I could see them in a bit more detail up close!

What a cute little alien Liz!! Sitting there in his space suit!! He's gorgeous!!!  Very Happy 

I had a Christmas event yesterday afternoon, and painted so many faces... but didn't have time (and also just plain forgot!!) to take photos.. all except for one girl at the start before my queue formed... she and her mum kindly gave me permissin to post it on the internet... I just wish I had done some swirls on her cheeks... would have set it off nicely!!

I've included some of the designs I offered at the event which I had practiced on my arm.. the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle christmas decorations were very popular!!!! Along with Rudoph! I can't remember who the fabulous painters were who shared these ideas on either here or Facebook, but thank you so very much for them!!! They were such a big help to me on the day!!!

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 7 Christmas3

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 7 Christmas4

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 7 Christmas1

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 7 Christmas2

ambercat
ambercat

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2013-04-25

http://kathy232323.wix.com/kathys-face-painting

Back to top Go down

Post by jnzfoo Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:29 am

What a cute and fun alien. You are very talented
I love those christmas designs amber, the ninja turtles are so cute, I can see why they were so popular.
jnzfoo
jnzfoo

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2013-11-02

http://madeupdaydreams.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:27 am

jnzfoo wrote:Wubbies make me smile. :)I'm still in practice stage as well, I have a birthday party tomorrow...my first one and it's for a good friend but I'm so excited and terrified!! I don't think I've practiced enough and I'm not sure I'm good or fast enough yet. Hopefully it isn't a total failure. :)I'll try and get pictures and post some pics.
I did that last year. I was happy to have my first gig but terrified that I was not good enough yet nor was I fast enough. I did a festival for my first and not a party. I did not sleep for a week but little bits at a time. I wanted to cancel but I did not thank God and thanks to my brother for pushing me. He kept telling me you are good enough but it's you that can't get that through your head. The first 3 kids I floundered a bit and then I rocked. I wasn't as slow as I thought and I did a good job. I did well under pressure even with a line staring at me. It was a long weekend but I pulled it off and was glad I had it under my belt. After that one the rest was a breeze. Not exactly a breeze but I wasn't terrified anymore. It was a real confidence builder. I knew I could do it after that festival and what a relief. There are still many areas that I need improvement but I have come so far. For me now it's just getting my lines in the right places on the face. After 3 or 4 practices on a human I usually get it. This was my first stab at this lizard. I should not have curved the lines as I was not painting a muzzle and they need to be straight with no curve except at the bottom to the mouth. I like to do the first one then take a pic. and critic it to no end.
Your party will go well and you will do a beautiful job. It's the first one that always gets us no matter now much we have practiced or how long we have been painting. We don't want to fail and we don't want to let someone down. You won't, and I know you will rock. I would love to hear how it goes and I am sure that you will be great.
Happy Painting
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:34 am

Liz Colorful Faces wrote:I was practicing my face painting skill and I can with this design.  What did you think?

https://i.servimg.com/u/f55/18/66/41/44/th/alien10.jpg
Nice design Liz. I think it's cute and will go over big. You did a great job.
Ambercat, I love you ninja balls. How cute they are and the rest are good too. But I really like the ninjas.

Last edited by gypsy6974 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to add a person to my list.)
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Colorful Faces Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:28 pm

Thank you everyone, it mean to much for me because is my original creation. Amber I love all of you Christmas designs its beautiful.
Liz Colorful Faces
Liz Colorful Faces

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2013-11-17

http://www.Colorfulfaces.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jnzfoo Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:23 pm

Gypsy,
You are so sweet. Your post helped calm me down. The party is over. I made it!!! When I got there she told me 14 kids were coming! And they were going to play games for an hour, eat, and then go bowling. 1 hour for 14 kids!!!!! Luckily I got there15 minutes early so I could do something big and detailed on the birthday girl and I told her everything else had to be cheek art. I did it though. I was so nervous the first few kids then I got a few who wanted to be surprised by their paint and that was so funthat the nerves just went away. I loved it. She gave me a screaming tip for getting everyone done and happy so fast. I learned a few things I'll do differently next time with my set up and I won't forget the camera next time!!! Grrrrrrrr. I remembered everything but that. The mom took some pictures she said she would send me so hopefully I can post those soon for some feedback. Thanks for your support and encouraging words everyone!!
jnzfoo
jnzfoo

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:42 am

omg love that ninja turtle ornament!
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:58 pm

jnzfoo wrote:Gypsy,
You are so sweet. Your post helped calm me down. The party is over. I made it!!! When I got there she told me 14 kids were coming! And they were going to play games for an hour, eat, and then go bowling. 1 hour for 14 kids!!!!! Luckily I got there15 minutes early so I could do something big and detailed on the birthday girl and I told her everything else had to be cheek art. I did it though. I was so nervous the first few kids then I got a few who wanted to be surprised by their paint and that was so funthat the nerves just went away. I loved it. She gave me a screaming tip for getting everyone done and happy so fast. I learned a few things I'll do differently next time with my set up and I won't forget the camera next time!!! Grrrrrrrr. I remembered everything but that. The mom took some pictures she said she would send me so hopefully I can post those soon for some feedback. Thanks for your support and encouraging words everyone!!
I am so happy for you. I knew you could do it! It is in our heads that we are not ready just as my brother said. We are our worst critics that's for sure.  As each party goes by or each festival went by for me I learned more and more at each one.  I did four back to back festivals and with each one my setup was better, my line moved faster so I was happy. Same with parties we have to learn somethings as we go. What works for one may not work for all. But confidence coupled with ambition and drive is whats gets us to where we want to be. It's the first that's the hardest and you made it happen. Looking forward to seeing your pics. I hope she sends them and I think she will, she sounds like a decent person and a good tipper to boot.
I am really happy for you and hope that you have many more wonderful experiences in your face painting journey. You Rocked...

Last edited by gypsy6974 on Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : a correction)
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:21 pm

Jnzfoo, what I do that helps me since I am so absent-minded especially when I am setting out for an event. I am trying to think, "do I have everything that I need"? What I do for this is I made a list. Well 2 list, one for parties and one for festivals. I print up many copies of that list and grab one before the event date. I leave the list on the counter and then check the items off with each trip to that car. Or I just re-read my list as I look at the stuff in my car or that is going to the car. This seems to work. I have a habit of forgetting my mister bottle. So I went to Michael's and bought several. One of them never leaves my FP kit. It's awful to get to a gig and find out that you forgot something. I have found myself pack then unpack my FP kit several times the night before a gig to see if what I need is there, I hate that. So now with the list I check it off as I put the stuff in my KIT. Maybe it's just my age but I don't like forgetting and I do it a lot. So I live with list and little notepads in every room.
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:05 pm

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 7 Th_FACEPAINTING3019_zps70031393
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by pattyofurniture Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:38 pm

Hahaha! The turtle ornaments are genius.

Still pretty much none of my own design, all based off pieces I've seen off the internet.  I'll start branching out eventually.  But got to start practicing somewhere!

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 7 Photo_zps35ebe903

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 7 Photo_zps88716bff

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 7 Photo_zps6102b7e0

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 7 Photo_zpscda957c3

LOVED this one.  Was so sad to wash it off.  
Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 7 Photo_zpsb7511830

And just for fun!  My kids are both getting their own face paint kit for Christmas.  Even made them each a rainbow cake.  Excited to see how much they'll fun they'll have with their own kits.  -- plus they won't be touching mine! lol

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 7 Photo_zpsb8b31f92
pattyofurniture
pattyofurniture

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2013-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by jnzfoo Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:32 pm

Those designs are beautiful!! I love the idea for kits for your kids!! I wish i'd had that one. Smile
jnzfoo
jnzfoo

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:26 pm

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 7 Null_zpsdd8a1fc8

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 7 Null_zpsae5d8cfe

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 7 Null_zps21fba8e9

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 7 Null_zpsa578aa59

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 7 Null_zpseb33f5a2

Just wanted to share my home practice paint-a-thon! Very Happy 

I'm really loving everyone's work, lots of wonderful inspiration!! I hope everyone enjoyed a good holiday season! 

<3 to all!
thouartbeautiful
thouartbeautiful

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2013-09-21

http://www.thouartbeautiful.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jnzfoo Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:38 am

Very nice andrea! I love the purple swirly eye. Smile
jnzfoo
jnzfoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneezle Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:49 pm

Hi All, it's been a long time ago since i've been here. Busy with other stuff. Hope everyone is alright. I just came along to wish everyone a very Happy, Healthy, Sparkling, Inspiring and Creative 2014. Lots of Love..... Marielle

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 7 DSCN00123_zpsccc7c5f7

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 7 DSCN00163_zpsf1ae926d

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 7 DSCN00252_zps8fd13328

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 7 DSCN00242_zps064ac7fd

It's too bad the gold isn't great for linework. I was a bit dissapointed with the final result. Hopefully i find a beter Gold in the future (maybe next year!!!).

Last edited by Sneezle on Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sneezle
Sneezle

Number of posts : 886
Registration date : 2013-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneezle Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:57 pm

pattyofurniture Love your cupcake cheekart! Very cute tiger. Very Happy Really like all of your christmas designs. Great job.

ambercat great work. Specialle the gorgeous ice prinsess, love your Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle christmas decorations!!! And your snowman, cute, cute, cute.

gypsy6974 a week ago i was trying to write you a big reply on your story about your visit in the Netherlands. But the computer crashed and i lost all i wrote. So frustrating. Hope you can Visit the Netherlands once more and i hope it will be a great and pleasant stay. Very Happy Love your work, you're a great artist! Love your tiger facepaint! Great wuppie design. Very Happy

Liz Colorful Faces very Cute alien!!!

thouartbeautiful great work again. Love your iced blue heart design.

Tongodiva Great practice work. Love the black design with white highlights! Specially love the bird!
Sneezle
Sneezle

Number of posts : 886
Registration date : 2013-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by novice tammy Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:25 pm

very nicely done sneezle...
novice tammy
novice tammy

Number of posts : 154

http://www.clowningaroundasheville.net

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:29 am

Sneezle wrote:pattyofurniture Love your cupcake cheekart! Very cute tiger. :DReally like all of your christmas designs. Great job.

ambercat great work. Specialle the gorgeous ice prinsess, love your Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle christmas decorations!!! And your snowman, cute, cute, cute.

gypsy6974 a week ago i was trying to write you a big reply on your story about your visit in the Netherlands. But the computer crashed and i lost all i wrote. So frustrating. Hope you can Visit the Netherlands once more and i hope it will be a great and pleasant stay. :DLove your work, you're a great artist! Love your tiger facepaint! Great wuppie design. Very Happy

Liz Colorful Faces very Cute alien!!!

thouartbeautiful great work again. Love your iced blue heart design.

Tongodiva Great practice work. Love the black design with white highlights! Specially love the bird!
Thank you Sneezle. Yes, computer crashes suck. I had one about 15 months ago and then again 3 months ago. So I just bought a new PC and a different brand. I did not like that thing from the first week I had it. I should have returned it than. Your design is beautiful and from the front I thought you used glitter mark to outline it. Then from the side I saw it was FP but it is beautiful. Great job! It is hard to find a gold that will line well because it drags. But you would never know that from the front of that design.
Pattyofurniture your Christmas designs are beautiful.
Thouart, it's a very nice and lovely designs.
I wish all of you a Happy New Year. For me, I am so ready for a New Year and I pray that it is a good one.
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:05 am

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 7 2013-120

Show and Tell #6 Nov - December 2013 - Page 7 2013-122
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032

Back to top Go down

Post by novice tammy Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:57 pm

very pretty nikkii
novice tammy
novice tammy

Number of posts : 154

http://www.clowningaroundasheville.net

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:51 pm

Nice one Nikkili. I like Princess designs and yours are great. I wish I could come up with one that I really liked. My Princess designs suck... I guess I need more work in that area... A lot of work!
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by jnzfoo Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:56 pm

I love the new years design! So celebratory and shiny. Evenings work is so good! I haven't much painting time the last week or so, I miss it. Hopefully I can get back at it after the holiday.
jnzfoo
jnzfoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7