Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life's Lessons

2 posters

Go down

Life's Lessons Empty Life's Lessons

Post by Metina Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:03 pm

Hiya,

Don't want to be a downer, but just wanted to impart this. During the week of Thanksgiving I spent a lot of time cleaning out my mom's house. She has dementia and is slowly losing her battle with it. When you send a picture or receive one, please put a name and age or any info you can think of.

I am working on putting a scrap book together for her and there are so many pics I have found that I cannot identify.

This will only help you and yours.

Please impart your widsom in this topic and help us all.

Cheers!
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Life's Lessons Empty Re: Life's Lessons

Post by AngieAnders Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:25 pm

I am sorry to hear about your mother's battle with dementia. That is so hard to see and deal with. I have an old trunk of photos from my grandparents and many date back to my great-grandparents' families, some WWII photos (from Iwo Jima!) and others. Most of them were not labeled but by bringing them out at family reunions and gatherings, we have been able to identify most of them. Maybe this is something you could try doing.

I am terrible myself about labeling photos, because I already know who the people in them are, but future generations will not, and I know I need to get that done so that this priceless information will not be lost. Good luck with your photo IDing.
AngieAnders
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:05 pm

Completely agree Metina. I've sorted through family photos a couple of times now (with grandparent's passing) and it is really hard to identify people now that that generation is gone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down