Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Urgent help needed for creating "birthmark"

4 posters

Go down

Urgent help needed for creating "birthmark" Empty Urgent help needed for creating "birthmark"

Post by Ayala42 Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:13 am

I'm in the midst of creating a cosplay costume, and even though this isn't a cosplay forum, I'm really hoping someone here might be able to help. I need to order the makeup products for this immediately due to time constraints and no one is answering me on any other forum so I'm hoping someone's online here and will see this.

What I want to make is a large, bird-shaped birthmark that will cover most of my forehead. The "tail" of the birthmark extends between the eyes, over the bridge of the nose and several inches down onto the right cheek. It's a pale red color. A friend of mine advised liquid latex, but Mehron's site has several options for latex and I don't know which to pick. I was looking at Modeling Wax, SynWax, and Liquid Latex. I'd like it if the birthmark could be reused at least once, although that's not a dealbreaker if the product can't be reused.

Any advice on which one to use? The crucial thing is that it looks natural. Should U just skip latex and wax and just use makeup?

Ayala42

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2016-06-13

Back to top Go down

Urgent help needed for creating "birthmark" Empty Re: Urgent help needed for creating "birthmark"

Post by jlirie Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:20 am

if you need to act fast, makeup might be the way to go.

i do not have experience with special fx products, hopefully someone else can answer.

have you tried searching youtube for special fx videos, using the products you mentioned?
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Urgent help needed for creating "birthmark" Empty Re: Urgent help needed for creating "birthmark"

Post by Laura-Lou Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:37 pm

Hello, don't know if this is too late! I would definitely go with face paints rather than the latex make ups. I know that Tag does a wine shade which I have used in bruises before, it would work well as part of port-wine birthmark or shading on a red birthmark.

I would definitely look at close up images of birthmarks and use a stipple sponge (a wiry plastic sponge) to add the different colours. I have a tan/dark brown large birthmark on my shoulder and if I look at it closely you can see many shades of brown and rough edges. Don't go for too neat and flat (1 colour) because it will look unnatural.
Laura-Lou
Laura-Lou

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2015-11-18

http://www.ljfacepainting.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by PainterGRL Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:19 pm

Don't know if your deadline passed but makeup would be the easiest. Start light, just bit darker than your skin tone and build from there. I've done cosplay make up for friends (scar for Prince Zoku of the Avatar anime for one) and you can do makeup for the earliest event until you get whatever prosthetic you want and have the time to experiment with it. Hope this helps Very Happy
PainterGRL
PainterGRL

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2016-05-09

https://artistsir.wixsite.com/dynamicdesignsfba

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down