Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Blacks & White

+2
LittleMonsters
sarahkvotta
6 posters

Go down

Best Blacks & White Empty Best Blacks & White

Post by sarahkvotta Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:13 pm

Hi there,

I started my face painting with snazaroo and thought everything was good. I've worked a few summer parties now and I'm horrified with the amount of "touch-ups" I have to make because it does not stay on very well.

Recently I purchased some DFX paints that I didn't have in my starter snazaroo. Purples, oranges and browns. I also collected a few one-strokes from Tag & Kryvaline. I was amazed at how nicely they stayed on comparatively. I still have a fair amount of snazaroo paint left and I'm not ready to dive in and purchase a whole new set, but I'm thinking my whites and blacks would be better in a different brand. I was thinking DFX or Wolfe since I've heard great things. I'm also considering the Starblends since I would find those extremely useful for my designs.

I'm trying to ramp up my little business so I want to have the best supplies on hand.

I know everyone is very opinionated about their brands so I thought I'd ask myself. In my situation, what would you purchase? Just black and white, a whole new set? Which brands?
sarahkvotta
sarahkvotta

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2015-04-15

http://sarahkvotta.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Best Blacks & White Empty Re: Best Blacks & White

Post by LittleMonsters Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:20 pm

I haven't tried Snaz myself... but I heard it's great for bases and blending... not so much for linework...

I have used DFX and TAG and I enjoy them very much. Wolfe is also very popular but people say that the formula isn't as good as it used to be (that could be for just certain colors though). Also people say great things about Global Strong Black and that it also does not stain. So that might be a good one to go for if you need to find a black ASAP.
LittleMonsters
LittleMonsters

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2014-08-30

http://littlemonstersfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:06 am

ditch the snaz for linework and get one of the brands littlemonsters mentioned. ditch the snaz for bases, too. snaz will flake off after awhile, and most of the colors are not as bright as other brands. i speak from experience Smile most other face painters will tell you the same.

exception is some of their sparkle and metallic colors are pretty.

you can use the snaz to practice at home - new designs, strokes, perfecting individual elements of a design, shading, color combinations, etc. then use your better paints for the final version you actually paint on kids and adults.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Klbroome92 Tue May 17, 2016 8:06 pm

I haven't had luck with snaz but I have had one paradise and I'm incredibly impressed with it and the color is pure that's all I've tried so far because I'm buying ask use up what I have

Klbroome92

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2016-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by bubbleblossom Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:35 am

I love love love LOVE cameleon baseline white. It is hands down the best, creamiest, amazing white I've ever used. Unfortunately, it also seems incredibly hard to get hold of over here. When it is back in stock somewhere, I will be ordering a shitload of it. I've tried tag, Wolfe, snaz, dfx and chameleon. Cameleon is the bomb diggity. I liked dfx as well, but it's more expensive and not as good as chameleon so it's my sefond choice

Black, I am still on the hunt for. Wolfe and tag are all I've used. Both do the job. But I'll be trying global strong black next as I hear great things.
bubbleblossom
bubbleblossom

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2014-11-14

http://www.unrealkidsparties.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:15 am

Chameleon White and Global Strong Black are my favourite for line work.
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down