Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

have you regrets on repotting?

+11
jlirie
LittleMonsters
artyfacesbyluz
eva
tashasbowtique
Doe
TheGildedCat
Forest-Fairy
AmandaD
eviedejesus
vanessa1
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

have you regrets on repotting? - Page 2 Empty Re: have you regrets on repotting?

Post by jlirie Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:16 pm

pointy firm q-tips, where do you get those? no big surprise, the regulars don't do the edges of the lip well.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

have you regrets on repotting? - Page 2 Empty Re: have you regrets on repotting?

Post by LittleMonsters Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:53 pm

Here's a pic of what I was referring to. Rounded on one end and pointed at the other - quite firm on both ends. The rounded end is also flat so it also has a bit of an edge you can use. 75 in a pack which I think I paid around $1 for or something like that at a dollar store.

have you regrets on repotting? - Page 2 Q-tips10
LittleMonsters
LittleMonsters

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2014-08-30

http://littlemonstersfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:03 pm

thanks! will have to get some, maybe dollar store or beauty supply store.
jlirie
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:54 am

Yes I prefer the paper towel squares and the soapy water spritz for my set up. There is less waste for one, and it really does the job better. See wet wipes have oils in them, and really aren't meant for use on the face, they can actually be quite abrasive. My makeup FX teacher Fay Von Schroeder taught me that, and that the best thing is good old soap and water. So i made the switch in my face paints too. When you think about it really we are using a water based paint, if we first wipe the face with an oily cloth, we are going to have some issues applying the water based makeup over top. Chem 101 oil and water don't mix. I have noticed a huge difference after i switched, and as a bonus it takes up less space on my table and is less expensive. Wink

I don't use the q-tips because even the high quality ones leave behind fibers in my paint, and that would make a perfect little moisture trap for bacteria to grow on and get a foot hold. I'm also not a fan of disposable products as i don't like the waste. Vancouver is a very green conscious city, so i think i would get some 'stink eyes' my way if i used Q-tips for that.  

I don't mind using a brush as I have confidence in using 99% to kill off anything that might have transferred, I let it dry completely before reusing it AND i never double dip after applying to the lips.

I also use the silly farm brush bath in my water for some extra cleanliness. I think all that put together makes the chances of transfer pretty low. But each to their own.

Finally the black sponges is something I found on this forum by Denise Cold.
http://www.facepaintforum.com/t13105-dyeing-sponges-black?highlight=dyed+black
Loved the idea so much i had to try it right away. I used a high quality liquid Rit Fabric Dye and was not disappointed with the results. I think it helps make my kit look extra classy and CLEAN. I always loathed the stains i couldn't get out of the sponges, even though i knew they were clean they looked dirty and i hated that. Well problem solved!

I read some others who did this had trouble with them fading over time, but some i knew used a cheap fabric dye and others do a LOT of gigs so they use them a lot. As even with black clothes, the more you wash them they will fade a little each time. But the good thing is that you can just redye them again!
Forest-Fairy
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by tashasbowtique Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:29 pm

I thought of you Forest-Fairy when I saw the guy...too bad I did not have my camera nor I have my phone =(. I would want to add that "set up" to your collection hihi....
tashasbowtique
tashasbowtique

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2014-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:45 pm

next time Tash! I'm really wanting to start a collection.
Forest-Fairy
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by tashasbowtique Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:53 pm

oh I will! lol!
tashasbowtique
tashasbowtique

Back to top Go down

Post by tashasbowtique Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:55 pm

I repotted my TAG paints! they used to be in the rectangle containers...I like them like that just fine until the lids break apart..and I have no case for them..so they get poked by other paints....so this is what I came up with! I regretted it because I forgot that I use red, orange and green with sponge...and I like to hold the paint while sponging.......

have you regrets on repotting? - Page 2 19098110
tashasbowtique
tashasbowtique

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:49 pm

nice color scheme, if you accidentally get a bit of one paint in the color next to it, it won't really matter cause they're mostly similar.
jlirie
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by tashasbowtique Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:45 pm

Thanks I tried...I didn't know where to put the brown though lol! I put it next to yellow which was a mistake....but then I don't really want to move it again as it is wasting paint lol!...I'm that bad...
tashasbowtique
tashasbowtique

Back to top Go down

Post by facetheart Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:02 pm

I love my black sponges, that is one thing that I highly recommend, always clean looking I love love love my black sponges.
facetheart
facetheart

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2011-03-28

http://www.facetheart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:44 pm

Also...
black makes my butt look smaller.

I love my black sponges.

xoxxo
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by facetheart Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:56 pm

lol me too.
facetheart
facetheart

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2011-03-28

http://www.facetheart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CreativeFacesBerkshire Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:58 am

you all have no idea how much im dying to try this, would make my snazaroo paint look much nicer and easier to carry
CreativeFacesBerkshire
CreativeFacesBerkshire

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2015-01-22

http://creativefacesberkshire.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:40 pm

Dear Creative Faces Berkshire:
When repotting Snaz...
choose a palette that does NOT use the rigid styrene plastic, as shown above. The Snaz 'eats' the plastic and it shatters. The softer, translucent, instead of transparent, plastic is the better choice for Snaz.

Happy Painting!
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by LucciPucci Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:09 am

Has anyone tried repotting Global. I read somewhere that it was hard to do and if you have any tips to share for making the process easier, it would be appreciated.

Forest-Fairy, those were some nasty photos! I'm off to clean my paints.

LucciPucci

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2015-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:24 am

to make the face paint moist so it doesn't crumble, you could dampen or spritz the cakes with distilled/sterile water, cover, and leave overnight or a couple days. if needed, you can warm it up at low temp in an oven to soften it.

then pry out in large chunks if possible, set into new container, mush together, and smooth out. let it dry uncovered, to return to its original consistency.

face paint isn't all that delicate - you can cut it up, roll it, mash it together, warm it, cool it, wet it, dry it, etc.
jlirie
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by LucciPucci Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:07 pm

That is so helpful, jlirie. Thank you! I am about to place a big order of Global and I don't want to lug all that paint around.

LucciPucci

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:25 pm

sure thing Smile there are some YouTube videos on repotting, you can search.

in forgot to mention, you may want to wear disposable vinyl gloves to keep your hands from staining.

or you can put a piece of cling film over the pieces of face paint to hold them, and when mushing/smoothing them.
jlirie
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by LucciPucci Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:52 pm

I will definitely do all of the above. I've watched Sophie on YouTube showing how to repot paints, so I have a good idea of how to do it. Although I read somewhere, that Global was difficult to work with. I'll find out soon enough.

LucciPucci

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:16 am

have fun customizing your face paints Smile
jlirie
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum