Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Repotting Facepaints??

3 posters

Go down

Repotting Facepaints?? Empty Repotting Facepaints??

Post by GreenBee24 Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:05 am

Hey guys I saw on a youtube channel about repotting facepaints - has anyone done this does it harm the paint useability?
I believe the youtuber was Elsa Rae, she had this neat square box set out and it looks awesome, clean and space saving. If repotting doesn't harm paints where would I find the grid-like set out she had.
I live in Australia so we don't have anything like Michaels which where she got hers.
GreenBee24
GreenBee24

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2017-07-22

Back to top Go down

Repotting Facepaints?? Empty Re: Repotting Facepaints??

Post by jlirie Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:13 am

hi greenbee24, lots of people, myself included, repot their face paints.

there are lots of options, so you might want to experiment with some inexpensive containers before you commit to one kind, depending on how you use your paints.

for instance, do you load your brushes or sponges with your paint container resting on the table, or do you pick the container up?

another thing to consider - do you know which paints you like and use regularly, so that if you repot a bunch of them together in a molded tray, you won't discover some colors you don't use much?

some people like large molded trays with multiple wells for all their colors, others like trays with individual, removable boxes.

some people prefer to buy or reuse split cake and one stroke containers, which can also be arranged in a tray.

you can also get smaller containers with a single row of wells in square or rectangular shapes.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris5115 Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:54 am

I have repotted most of my single colors and have some homemade split cakes / rainbow cakes / one-stroke cakes. I ordered a jewelry tray from Amazon. I have also seen trays at Walmart. I'm not sure where you would find them in Australia though.

Here's the one that I have:
https://smile.amazon.com/Plastic-Tray-Standard-Size-Black/dp/B013PYCR0I/ref=sr_1_1?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1506610436&sr=1-1&keywords=Plastic+Tray+Standard+Size+4x8+Black
Kris5115
Kris5115

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum