Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie Challenge 2014 #3

4 posters

Go down

Newbie Challenge 2014 #3 Empty Newbie Challenge 2014 #3

Post by amylady222 Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:32 am

Hello ALL!!

I am a little late cause I went out of town suddenly -- no problems just for fun!

SO challenge #3 is a little late--but here it is!

This week lets work on dots and lines.

I know that doesn't seem very fun, but it is ESSENTIAL in our business to do those well cause you do them OFTEN/EVERY FACE!

So you can incorporate them into a face design or just show us your practice without any specific face design.

-if you haven't learned the top of your thigh is a great place to practice--

Can't wait to see people do big, small, and medium dots, and lots of different line shape and types!!

amylady222
amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Newbie Challenge 2014 #3 Empty Re: Newbie Challenge 2014 #3

Post by Snickell Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:40 pm

Newbie Challenge 2014 #3 Screen16

Please excuse my thigh- I haven't been hitting the elliptical or bike as often as I should be. XD

Started with dots at the top, trying to keep them all the same size and distance from each other. Also tried lining them up from big to small- realized that it would look awesome across the top of princess crowns if I can do it without my dots overlapping.

The lines are divided by sides- on the left side the lines were drawn thick to thin, the right side thin to thick. I learned that I can paint smaller tear drops (great for petals) more consistently and accurately by painting them thin to thick, but paint longer strokes do better thick to thin. I just don't have the same control over width and placement yet otherwise. :/ The middle is lines drawn as straight, even, and close as I could without overlapping. (I failed lol)

This was good practice, can't wait to do more!
Snickell
Snickell

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2014-07-08

http://www.FairytailFABA.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Morninglory Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:22 pm

Snickel, I want to print out your leg and use it as a line practice template!

This was fun and frustrating! I started with the three thick thin thick lines trying to layer the then I did the outside strait lines trying to make them the same even width. I added the dots under trying to keep them uniform(they only look like dots from a distance), and the ones inside the band going at large to small to large intervals. The triangles were supposed to go from thigh to thin lines inside some worked some didn't. After that I just had some fun cuz I was a bit frustrated so there was no intent in the lines and dots.

Other than practice doing the lines over and over I also have to find the right water to paint ratio. I think I still have it too thick. I'll try again later.

Newbie Challenge 2014 #3 051eda80-301f-4f02-a481-f69f816888f4_zpsd1afd5a8
Morninglory
Morninglory

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2014-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickell Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:46 pm

Morning glory, that's actually not a bad idea! lol

I wonder if I could whip something up in Photoshop with lines of different lengths, thicknesses, dot placements, then print it out and lay something translucent on top (saran wrap or maybe parchment paper?) and practice on that...?

...maybe I just have too much time on my hands.  Rolling Eyes
Snickell
Snickell

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2014-07-08

http://www.FairytailFABA.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:11 pm

Use those sheet protectors you can get at the office supply store, they work great
thouartbeautiful
thouartbeautiful

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2013-09-21

http://www.thouartbeautiful.com

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:01 am

Ladies--

I now have a camera and maybe a little more time so I will be joining in the challenges for sure!!

These are good lines--nice!!
amylady222
amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down