Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My New Gun Case Kit :D

+24
PaintFreak
RickyMUA
jlirie
tashasbowtique
siouXzQ
anniel
barbb919
True Colors
rubyzcreationz
nikkili26
Katurah
boatload32359
rthling
Party Picassos
Valerie A
MissHolland
thouartbeautiful
PixiePaintrix
pattyofurniture
milliedoodles
gypsy6974
eviedejesus
SewDarnHot
FacepaintingByTanya
28 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

My New Gun Case Kit :D - Page 4 Empty Re: My New Gun Case Kit :D

Post by FacepaintingByTanya Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:49 pm

I don't know if it would be a good fit for legs drilled in - I've found that the large flat area of aluminum can flex - you'd likely want to reinforce the inside to allow for the weight of the legs drilled into the bottom, which would add weight/bulk. I am mid-build on a smaller case version, simply because I want a mid-size for smaller events, and as much as I love the big case, it can be a bit overkill for private events, and I have found using it that several cakes I've not found much use for... so I am streamlining... (check the swap shop for my cakes for sale if interested) Smile Will post a build update once I finish up the case.
FacepaintingByTanya
FacepaintingByTanya

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2013-04-17

http://www.facepaintingbytanya.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eviedejesus Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:29 pm

whoa - that is expensive - it would be $100. for all 4.

There is a Face painters kit facebook page and a lady permanently attached one of these stands to her case and loves it. As far as if it will be sturdy enough, really depends on the size of your case. Usually the base is much heavier so not a problem, but with cases that are long, skinny and tall, they can tip over with a solid wind.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Support-JSMPS1-Electronic-Keyboard/dp/B002AT4UJQ/ref=sr_1_8?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1417749914&sr=1-8&keywords=keyboard+stand
eviedejesus
eviedejesus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2012-06-08

http://www.fantasyfacedesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy The Artist Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:59 pm

That is awesome! I am still toting around a Big Max which has survived for seven years now. So now I am thinking time to UPGRADE to a gun case! yeah!

Ivy The Artist

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by PaintFreak Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:15 am

Eviedejesus, that's a great suggestion! It looks really sturdy too. Thank you!
PaintFreak
PaintFreak

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2014-10-31

Back to top Go down

My New Gun Case Kit :D - Page 4 Empty wow

Post by cortcasey Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:30 pm

this is amazing!

cortcasey

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2016-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:54 am

Evie--when/if you upgrade---I would go for a pelican case with wheels over anything else, having done several styles. The shorter you can get with wheel, the better. I got mine off craigslist--my fave & the one I am using the past few years I got for $50 brand new.

Originally I glued velcro to foam pads I cut & put in, but this time I just glued it straight to the case. (I do have a piece of foam covered with vinyl in the lid, just to help hold everything in place.)

I recently switched my paint into small square containers I got from the Container Store. Switched everything from the Rounds. I did'nt want to go with the jewelry case inserts, as sometimes I want to just not have some colors for a while or add in new ones without being frustrated at my organization (minor OCD?) I like my glycerines in one spot, my neons grouped, etc. But I like the neat look of the squares.

What surprised me was how much weight I cut down by getting rid of the round containers--(so I made up for it by adding more colors, hehe).

It cost me 59 cents a square, so I spent less than $20.

I am also trying out their "almost one stroke size" (1"x 2") -- the containers are less expensive (49 cents) & I am thinking I can pick up all the colors easier since it's just a tad thinner. I made one so far to try it out...

Since I am still just taking paint off the tippy top I can't really give a good assessment yet...
but if you remind me in a week or so, I will let you know,
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4