Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will you donate your supplies??

+19
TinafromNY
mamajane
Gretchen
fesspenter
Tone
eva
Kammy
Kris5115
Shelley Bellefontaine
JJJJJ
l!zzie
Mehndi Masala
Creabella
Tineke
anniel
Miss Ronnie
veelux
Denise Cold
twobeesdesigns
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Will you donate your supplies?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will you donate your supplies??

Post by Mehndi Masala Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:27 pm

Non-profits have an entertainment budget. Period. if they are that low on funds, then it's such a low market with no real future prospects for parties later. Tell them they got their prime offer, and now they can deal with the possible lawsuits when their uninsured, inexperienced 'volunteers' who don't understand paints or hygiene get the event in trouble!
Mehndi Masala
Mehndi Masala

Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2010-12-04

http://www.winnipeghenna.com

Back to top Go down

Will you donate your supplies?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will you donate your supplies??

Post by Gretchen Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:14 pm

WOW. Just... WOW!!!!
Gretchen
Gretchen

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:57 pm

Frankly I wouldn't waste another minute on them... Just ignore any further correspondence. I mean, that is simply ridiculous that they would think you would LOAN them your kit???? Oh... and drop it off and pick it up. What if they "lost" your number???? Oy vey.Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by mamajane Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:09 pm

Yup. Agree with Shannon. I'd be using the handy 'bounce' button on my Apple Mail program if they tried to contact me again. Insane.
mamajane
mamajane

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2013-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by TinafromNY Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:45 pm

Wow! That's probably one of the nerviest things I've even heard of in ANY business lol
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2012-07-05

http://www.facefanaticfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by this_beth Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:50 pm

It's one thing to say you're out of their budget but a whole other to ask to use your supplies. I would tell them where they can buy some Snazaroo.
If it's a non-profit you support then I can understand giving them an extra discount or even doing it for free. I started face painting because of my involvement in a non-profit and I've always done it for free with them. They will reimburse me for supplies that I purchase though.
It sounds like whoever you are working with is pretty clueless and tactless. They should have just contacted you to see if you would volunteer your time and moved on to someone else when you said no.
Edited to add: I just realized it was for a school and not a non-profit. If they can't afford you, then too bad for them. They should find cheaper entertainment.
this_beth
this_beth

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2013-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by paintinmama Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:27 am

I volunteered for my son's school last year because he thought it would be cool. He wanted to show off his face painting mom. I had a another volunteer say she would hang out and watch for a minute to see what I was doing so she could jump in and help because I had a long line. REALLY? I just smiled at her. Well, after I flew threw a couple of monsters and butterflys she said "Oh wow I had no idea. I guess I'll just leave it to you" I don't think people realize this is a REAL proffesion that takes years of training and lots of money invested in PROFFESIONAL EQUIPMENT. Sometimes they just don't think.
paintinmama
paintinmama

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayde Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:01 pm

My response: (keep in mind...I have a mini blowtorch in my back pocket and burning bridges is my favorite pyro pastime)

Dear Flagrantly Ignorant One,
In this day and age of electronic communications it is often the case that the intent of ones message is misconstrued or simply misunderstood. For that reason, I would like to get clarification on your last correspondence.

Am I wrong in interpreting from your message a request for a professional painter to allow your organization to make use of her face painting supplies valued at over $1000 for an event that you don't want to pay her to paint for?

If the answer to that question is "yes", please refrain from contacting me further as I find your request to be of the highest insult and somewhere within yourself should be a nugget of shame for having asked it. I suggest you seek out that nugget and nurture it.

If the answer is "no", please clarify what exactly you meant by "donate" my supplies so that you wouldn't have to pay me.
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Number of posts : 1844
Registration date : 2009-08-10

http://www.imaginastic-facepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:40 pm

I ust love you, Lady Ayde!
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:57 pm

Lady Ayde, will you be at IgantiAm?? Because we need you there. You could teach a class on tart and tasty e-mail writing. We would serve you uice and toast with am. We love you.

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:30 pm

Did anyone notice that Lady Ayde did not use one single solitary letter " " in her message? When will all the " 's" return to my keyboard? How can I email Oan?

xoxo
fesspenter
fesspenter

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:37 pm

The " "s are off for the week. They will not appear until Monday, October 7, at 7 p.m. EST. They are currently in Amaica, eating ambalaya and learning to uggle. They are carousing and cavorting and umping for oy. And not a single one, though they are world-weary and used to it, even when they cross at the green and not in between, has gotten a ticket for " "-walking.

And Fessy, heads-up. At 7:01 p.m. on October 7, the Fs are taking their turn. Please don't reak out. Just be ready and finish up all your udge before then ...

(We are both going to get arrested by the Ace Paint Orum uzz for a most serious elony case of hijacking here ...) Razz Plus, I am getting little accomplished today ...

JJJJJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:38 pm

I meant ... inish.Embarassed 

JJJJJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayde Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:44 am

fesspenter wrote:I ust love you, Lady Ayde!
Okay...I get it that the collective lot of you have decided to go off your meds...
But Lady Ayde sounds like a feminine anti-pms drink or a new pad (with awesome wings)...

ust zayin' 😱
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayde Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:45 am

JJJJJ wrote:Lady Ayde, will you be at IgantiAm?? Because we need you there. You could teach a class on tart and tasty e-mail writing. We would serve you uice and toast with am. We love you.
I have no idea what that is, but I will be at the CT convention in anuary. Incidentally, don't think I haven't noticed the plethora of j's in your login...should I blame your alphabetic gluttony on my new name?
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:58 am

Oh Lady Ayde! Everyone should start off the day with a good deep laugh, and you have given me two!

You may attribute your new name most directly to Miss Ronnie and her impetuous overuse of my (yes - "my"!) "J" a few days ago in a Shape-Shifting Nutbar (isn't that the new nickname of the Forum) post. My actual five "Js" do not deplete the interstellar alphabetic store, as they are considered a one-time purchase and do not replicate, multiply, diminish with use, etc., when used as a Forum log-in.

However, when liberally used just for the sake of using them, their stability is threatened (sort of like the electrons in a weakly bonded molecule, but that's all I remember from physics to sound just informed enough, and so.).

However, Miss Ronnie was well-ustified for her recent sprinkling of " "s, since she did it from a pleasant sense of face-painterly camaraderie and ollity. And also ocularity.

And yes, I have never been ON my meds, and I also drink a lot of coffee, and my mind (over)works most quickly in the early morning hours. And so, this post.

Lady Ayde, I just crunched the numbers and decided I had to forego the CT convention this year. I have been too liberal with purchases recently. But if I could, I would swim the Long Island Sound ust to meet you.

And maybe to borrow some LadyAydes if I needed them. Big wings!cheers 

JJJJJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayde Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:05 am

JJJJJ wrote:Oh Lady Ayde! Everyone should start off the day with a good deep laugh, and you have given me two!

Lady Ayde, I just crunched the numbers and decided I had to forego the CT convention this year. I have been too liberal with purchases recently. But if I could, I would swim the Long Island Sound ust to meet you.

And maybe to borrow some LadyAydes if I needed them. Big wings!cheers 
I got nothin'...
😳
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:07 am

Very Happy 

JJJJJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:21 pm

fesspenter wrote:Oh, Kammy,
Just fan yourself with your luxurious chest hair.
That's just asking for a major tangling problem, and I'm sure the fire service have better things to do than rescue me from my own keratin.
Kammy
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayde Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:20 am

...trying to burn the image of Kammy's flowing chest hair from my mind without resorting to snorting bleach....
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:12 am

Dear Lady Jayde:
Have a cookie !

xoxo
fesspenter
fesspenter

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:24 am

Lady Jayde wrote:
fesspenter wrote:I ust love you, Lady Ayde!
Okay...I get it that the collective lot of you have decided to go off your meds...
But Lady Ayde sounds like a feminine anti-pms drink or a new pad (with awesome wings)...

ust zayin' 😱
Do they have decent meds for this sort of confounded quackery? If so, please refuse to take them...I haven't giggled so much from a forum since I was in middle school dialing up to AOL...
thouartbeautiful
thouartbeautiful

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2013-09-21

http://www.thouartbeautiful.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2