Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donate Services???

4 posters

Go down

Donate Services??? Empty Donate Services???

Post by rubyzcreationz Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:24 pm

I would love to be able to do this for the young girl. It touches my heart:heart: However I do not know how to run my business as a donation for an event. Any help would be appreciated. I also fear of the loss of pay since I barely started. Any thoughts to get my straight?

Here is the email I just received:

"Good morning,

I am in need of a face painter that is willing to donate his or her services as we celebrate the 11th birthday of a young girl battling cancer.

Junior Foundation, an organization that helps families who have a child diagnosed with cancer is making this wish come true for Marleny who is currently battling cancer.

The "Miss Marleny" birthday party is this SATURDAY, July 27 beginning at 2pm in the city of FONTANA.

If you are willing to donate your services please contact us. All donations are tax deductible and we could provide you with a receipt for tax purposes.

Thank you,
Jessica Avila"

If I cannot do it and someone near me would like to take it. Please PM me and I will give you the contact information.
rubyzcreationz
rubyzcreationz

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2013-06-02

http://www.rubyz-creationz.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Donate Services??? Empty Re: Donate Services???

Post by Pogueskiss Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:21 pm

I would love too, but I'm to far away! My business is the fundraiser for my sons cancer foundation. I donate to the local hospital for the cancer kids anytime I have a chance. I wish I was closer!
Pogueskiss
Pogueskiss

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2012-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyNixe Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:34 pm

Donations of time and services are not tax deductible. Not everyone who seems to have a good cause is on the up and up. Be careful.
JennyNixe
JennyNixe

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2012-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:33 am

I think a way around it is to collect the money and then donate the money and getting a receipt for that donation. I read somewhere else too you cannot donate services and claim it back in your returns.
PaolaSunglow
PaolaSunglow

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://www.sunglowfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rubyzcreationz Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:52 am

Oh wow thanks for that info. I didn't even think about that. Thanks for the eye owner.

That's how i feel donations should be with getting the money and giving all our half to the cause.

Never knew how to handle charities. Thanks for the look out to be wary.
rubyzcreationz
rubyzcreationz

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2013-06-02

http://www.rubyz-creationz.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down