Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Listing yourself with a booking company

+3
Erica's Funny Faces
rthling
aussiemarie
7 posters

Go down

Listing yourself with a booking company Empty Listing yourself with a booking company

Post by aussiemarie Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:04 am

I am curious if any forum face painters list themselves with booking companies and the results? I have heard of GIG SALAD and several painters use it ...but a bit expensive.
THen I just heard of About Faces...they list painters and add their fee ontop of yours but it does not cost you to list.
Anyone had experiences or suggestions to share, please?
aussiemarie
aussiemarie

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2010-05-12

http://www.maconfacesfacepainting.shutterfly.com

Back to top Go down

Listing yourself with a booking company Empty Re: Listing yourself with a booking company

Post by rthling Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:10 am

I use the free version of GigSalad, but I can't say it has sent me much business.
rthling
rthling

Number of posts : 1830
Registration date : 2010-10-05

http://www.fancyfacesbydiane.com

Back to top Go down

Listing yourself with a booking company Empty Re: Listing yourself with a booking company

Post by Erica's Funny Faces Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:04 pm

I refuse to work with about faces after a recent experience. First time ever contacted by them after being on their site for months and they expected me to hold a date for them without it being confirmed. They got mad at me when I booked someone else after they called me back 2 weeks later! I do not hold dates unless it is confirmed which it wasn't even on their end, he said they are waiting on their client to send back the contract. Rolling Eyes Also it says that you are not allowed to hand out your own business cards and must instead hand out theirs. I have gotten a few leads from gigmasters and gig salad is slightly better. I get most of my bookings from direct contacts via phone or my site though. I have though to send out a mailer to see how it would work but haven't yet...
Erica's Funny Faces
Erica's Funny Faces

Number of posts : 1306
Registration date : 2012-08-20

http://www.thefunnyfacepainter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica's Funny Faces Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:06 pm

P.S. I paid to be featured on both gig masters and gig salad. I have gotten enough work from gig salad for it to be worth it. (Barely) Although, I have passed lots to other artists due to my schedule or the location of the gig. I think it really depends on your area...
Erica's Funny Faces
Erica's Funny Faces

Number of posts : 1306
Registration date : 2012-08-20

http://www.thefunnyfacepainter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:55 pm

I'm going to try something new. I'm going to drop off flyers with my business card attached (which is postcard-sized and has lots of glossy photos of my work on it) to the houses within a four-block radius of my house. I'll offer a good discount (since the travel time will be nil) and offer the special just till Labor Day. This will take some time (I'm going to walk the blocks and tuck them onto doorknobs), but that'll be nice exercise. I may also and a few out at the busstops the last week of school.

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Magick Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:48 am

I use gigsalad as well. I am featured there because people tend to only hit the fisrt few listed on the sites they visit. I get lots of leads and visits to my web site from them and have booked on average 4 shows a month from them on slower months. I did the free thing with them but never received leads as I was not on the front page big and bold.

Michael Magick
Michael Magick

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2013-02-24

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyond-Belief-Magic/1166254450630

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:10 am

JJJJJ wrote:I'm going to try something new. I'm going to drop off flyers with my business card attached (which is postcard-sized and has lots of glossy photos of my work on it) to the houses within a four-block radius of my house. I'll offer a good discount (since the travel time will be nil) and offer the special just till Labor Day. This will take some time (I'm going to walk the blocks and tuck them onto doorknobs), but that'll be nice exercise. I may also and a few out at the busstops the last week of school.
did you do this? sounds like littering...please let us know how it went.
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by funela Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:02 pm

Worst place to be listed thumback.
funela
funela

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2011-05-17

http://funela.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum