Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you paint teens with bad acne? WARNING...a little gross!

+14
alezmata
JJJJJ
HillbillyDiva1
CottonKandyClown
scgilland
billiebcc
mamakatrien
barbb919
ARTSY LADY
anniel
Bee Happy Design
tinyfairies6768
Perry Noia
TinafromNY
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do you paint teens with bad acne? WARNING...a little gross! - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you paint teens with bad acne? WARNING...a little gross!

Post by anniel Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:39 pm

Couldn't acne kind of leave open pores that could 'absorb' the pigment & leave a tattoo effect?
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Do you paint teens with bad acne? WARNING...a little gross! - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you paint teens with bad acne? WARNING...a little gross!

Post by Perry Noia Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:07 pm

tattoos go way deeper than that and I have never had any kind of infection or lasting marks when painting over any pimples that I might have now and then. We should all be more worried about the 2 yr old's boogers than the 12 yr old's pimples.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by ARTSY LADY Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:22 pm

Im no dermatalogist but Im sure that you dont have to to have acne per say to have deep pores. Im sure that depending the paint sometimes paint wont come off the first time when i first started I went to Michaels bought the Tulip face paint and painted my own face I used a really nice turquoise they had and I have deep pores not acne, but the paint did stay in my pores until next day when I washed for the third time. It just looked as if only one area of my face had a bad case of black heads, gross I know! So I really think that if there is an open zit, then the paint can get inside and potentially cause a more serious issue. Quite frankly I would be worried about anyone contacting me about their whole face got infected or irritated and then having to use my insurance for filling a claim. Ahahahah just too much to worry about.
ARTSY LADY
ARTSY LADY

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2012-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ARTSY LADY Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:30 pm

Boogers is a whole different subject for me. First time I ever say this but I actually like cleaning the KIDS boogers. It really bothers me when kids are all dirty eating their own boogers and mothers wont even care. I LOVE to wipe the kids face in front of mother sort of giving her a tip like do you see your kid has boogers! They always get it and say oh Im soooo sorry, and ofcoarse I respond oh no prob I just need the face to be clean. hahahhahhaha evil laugh.... sorry guys im so bad, and gross in a way. Twisted Evil

ARTSY LADY
ARTSY LADY

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2012-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by alezmata Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:18 am

I find that the paints have a "mud facial" effect. They help clear the pores, because the paint goes on wet and shrinks as it dries, (slightly) it helps to dry the black heads or pimples out. I don't use the paints as a treatment, but do notice the good effect they have on my daughters forehead, when she lets me paint her. She has beautiful skin but sometimes an oily "T" zone.

As far as boogers! Yuck! If my children have a runny nose every one carries tissues, and tosses after each wipe. I would never let them have boogers running down their faces. I will never understand caregivers who send their children with dirty faces or boogers to be painted or out and about. Yet, as many times as they have been sat down in front of me, I still feel uncomfortable saying no.

This is why I use one sponge per person, whether it be a public event or private party. I try to keep my paints clean and prevent germs from spreading.

I just hand the bag of wipes to the parents, have them take one and have them clean their child's face.
alezmata
alezmata

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by tatsuya1 Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:06 pm

While working at Disney I had a few kids come up to me asking me to paint their faces and they even confronted me about their acne. I told them what I tell anyone with a lot of acne, that this paint could make them break out more in more places on their face since I'm using the sponge all over the face and that the paint might agitate it and make their face itch. They normally opt out of the face painting and either get something on their arm or they thank me and leave. I have even had a girl in a group of people have it all over her face. I told the entire group what I tell individuals that way I didn't single her out or embarrass her.
tatsuya1
tatsuya1

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:51 pm

I don't paint the faces of teens w/ bad acne. It is because I do not want to make it worse. I will encourage them to get their arm painted instead. I'm very discrete about it.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:53 pm

I had a very interesting experience in June doing face painting at a graduation party. There was a little boy about 5 or 6 that was kind of "broken out" below and a bit to the sides of his mouth.

I debated a bit, then told him I couldn't do a full face because the paint might bother his 'rash.' He didn't seem too disappointed (which was nice) and I did a tiger on the upper part of his face.

I found out that he was diagnosed with "hand, foot and mouth" disease some time after the party. Wikipedia says: It is moderately contagious and is spread through direct contact with the mucus, saliva, or feces of an infected person. It typically occurs in small epidemics in nursery schools or kindergartens, usually during the summer and autumn months." (You can google pictures of it.) It can be hard on some people and they are hospitalized with it...didn't read of anyone in the US dying from it, though people in other countries have.

Just thought everyone might want to be aware of it and what it looks like.
Valerie A
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by clowngirl Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:55 pm

I don't have a problem with painting over acne. I would just ensure I didn't reuse the sponge and then wipe the cake down. I've never come across lice while face-painting and while no-one should be expected to put their hand on a head of bugs, as far as I know, lice does not spread that way, it has to crawl from one person's hair to another hair.

clowngirl

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2011-10-26

https://www.facebook.com/Lulu.Clown?ref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2