Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

using water based paint, what type of sealer can i use to set the paint?

5 posters

Go down

using water based paint, what type of sealer can i use to set the paint? Empty using water based paint, what type of sealer can i use to set the paint?

Post by vicky@addgo.com Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:16 am

ok i have iso rubbing alcohol and hairspray do people use this to set water based body paint? (searched the forums first without help)
vicky@addgo.com
vicky@addgo.com

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

using water based paint, what type of sealer can i use to set the paint? Empty Re: using water based paint, what type of sealer can i use to set the paint?

Post by Noella Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:38 am

Kryolan's fixative, PPI's Green Marble Sealor, Ben Nye Final Seal, Mehron's Barrier Spray. Not comprehensive by any means, and please excuse the spelling I'm going from memory without notes.....
Noella
Noella

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

using water based paint, what type of sealer can i use to set the paint? Empty Re: using water based paint, what type of sealer can i use to set the paint?

Post by vicky@addgo.com Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:44 am

thank you! anything around the house i can use?
vicky@addgo.com
vicky@addgo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vicky@addgo.com Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:49 am

going with hairspray. no time to order out of country at this time.
vicky@addgo.com
vicky@addgo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:54 pm

For body painting I'll use aqua net hair spray. I use the Mehron Barrier spray for faces, but only on adults. I won't use these products on kids.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Loretta Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:14 pm

Sealing and setting makeup are two different things. Setting the makeup refers to pulling the oils out of the makeup and sealing it is and overcoat to help make it moisture resistant.

Hair Spray can work but brands vary and vary how they react to varied makeup brands. Hair Spray can leave face and body paints gooey on the skin and leave your model sticky.

Sealors and fixing sprays on the face sting most people as the are full of alcohol. So proceed with caution here.

Never use rubbing alcohol it will not set or seal makeup. Use proper products. Ben Nye work only well with Ben Nye because of the formulation. Fo most water-activated makeups some like use Mehron Barrier Spray or Kryolan's Fixing/Fixier Spray.

Sweet Loretta
Sweet Loretta

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.sweet-loretta.com

Back to top Go down

Post by copycat Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:55 am

Sweet Loretta wrote:Sealing and setting makeup are two different things. Setting the makeup refers to pulling the oils out of the makeup and sealing it is and overcoat to help make it moisture resistant.
For most water-activated makeups some like use Mehron Barrier Spray or Kryolan's Fixing/Fixier Spray.

Thanks Very Happy
copycat
copycat

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2013-01-14

http://smashinbeauty.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down