Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I got hired for the Farmers Market!!!

+11
Taradoodles
freedspirit
Mirandas
Fabtastic
Rae
kat
barbb919
ChangingFaceDesigns
maggie
Perry Noia
Gr8ful
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I got hired for the Farmers Market!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: I got hired for the Farmers Market!!!

Post by DragonFly Mon May 30, 2011 7:47 pm

Looks like you had fun, and great job! Are you outside the whole day?
DragonFly
DragonFly

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2010-10-21

http://dragonfly-fp.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

I got hired for the Farmers Market!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: I got hired for the Farmers Market!!!

Post by barbb919 Mon May 30, 2011 8:44 pm

great job on everyones new gigs
barbb919
barbb919

Number of posts : 2109
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://tappysfacepainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8ful Mon May 30, 2011 9:40 pm

Dragonfly, I was outside freezing my tush off on Saturday so Sunday they moved me inside where it was warm. Whew!
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonFly Mon May 30, 2011 10:21 pm

Oh yikes, Im jealous. Its so hot here!
But glad to hear that you got some warmth. I dread my first gig outside in the summer here. My paints start melting even inside, if its warmish.
DragonFly
DragonFly

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2010-10-21

http://dragonfly-fp.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8ful Mon May 30, 2011 11:27 pm

It's only 55F here right now and it was colder on the weekend. There is a risk of frost tonight too. I have been to GA and it is a humid hot there if I remember correctly? Your temps are way to hot for this Canadian girl. Very Happy
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Back to top Go down

Post by helena Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:14 pm

How's it going now? Are you finding an increase in customers with the warmer weather?

I'm so excited - I just got booked by the downtown business association for the local farmer's market here for three 'special event' spots.

The season for the market was going to be $250.00 and with my kids I didn't want to commit to either the time or the cost...so the three 'specials' work out really well for me - no fees for me and just charging per face (unfortunately tho' it's all outside...and if these work out okay they may have me for another two - in October and November! NOVEMBER in Ontario! are they (and I) mad?!?!?! Very Happy)

The other great thing is (besides the publicity and charging Smile ) that there are a couple of really BIG festivals here which are very hard to get into - especially "The Elvis Festival" - and if they like me from this, then I might get a good (free? reduced?) spot then too!

Yay!
cheers
helena
helena

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2011-04-13

http://fancythatfacepainting.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8ful Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:21 pm

I sure hope this opportunity brings you many more Helena! cheers Saturday is still the busiest day and Sunday slower. That's okay..I would probably have a hard time driving my school bus come Monday if i was as busy on Sundays. LOL
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:37 pm

ours went until the end of October last year and we were already freezing our patooties off!! Ours is stopping at Thanksgiving this year as the weather was still fairly nice then.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2