Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hired.. Help!

3 posters

Go down

Hired.. Help! Empty Hired.. Help!

Post by SillyIzzy Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:46 am

Alright, so, I agreed to help out a face painter/clown in my area who needed help. She said she'd only need me for one night and would pay me $20/hr. No biggie. But, I just had a few questions.

1. Will I be expected to paint her designs?
2. Will I have to bring anything?
3. Will I have to use her paints, or can i use mine?

Sorry for the n00b questions, but I'm completely new to this concept. Shocked
SillyIzzy
SillyIzzy

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2009-07-20

http://www.funkyfacespainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Hired.. Help! Empty Re: Hired.. Help!

Post by Geekophile Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:15 pm

Izzy, you really should contact her about this. These are all really good questions, and when you ask her she will probably slap a hand to her head for not going over these details.

I'm sure you won't be expected to paint exactly like her- we all have our own style. But it is probably a good idea to check out her work and familiarize yourself with the designs she will be offering. So if she has a tiger, a butterfly, and a kitty on her display then you can be prepared with your own version of those designs.

I would ask that she provide the supplies. That way you are not using up all of your stuff on her gig. Be sure to ask about what products/brands she uses. But you can always carry yours along in case you don't like the her colors or how the paints work. If she insists you use your own paints, be bold! Say that in that case you will need an extra $5 an hour to cover supplies. That is a completely reasonable request- considering the cost of paints these days- a cost she should know all about I might add! You may want to bring your own brushes though (and brush holder/rinse well so they don't get mixed up!) even if she does supply the paint because you know how those babies work, and which ones give you which effect.

Good luck! And congratulations on getting the call from a fellow artist. That means she thinks you are good enough to represent her buisness. Translation: Respect!
Geekophile
Geekophile

Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2010-09-06

http://sophiessmileyfaces.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPainter Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:22 pm

If someone asked me to help them at a gig, I would assume I was bringing my own kit.

As far as designs go, I wouldn't worry too much. It usually boils down to the stock designs that most of us have versions of anyway. If the person hiring you was concerned about you being able to do the exact same stuff as her, she'd likely have mentioned it.

CrazyPainter

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down