Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got hired by the local hockey team, now what?

+4
Perry Noia
Criss
len sherrard
Griffinblue
8 posters

Go down

Got hired by the local hockey team, now what? Empty Got hired by the local hockey team, now what?

Post by Griffinblue Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:19 pm

I honestly am not even sure how they found me, I haven't been advertising much lately just because we've been busy enough with my painting partner just having baby#3. Anyway, they booked me for 15 games and I don't know what kind of designs to offer. I searched the forum a bit, but was wondering if ya'll had some more ideas to share?! I want to make a killer impression!!
Griffinblue
Griffinblue

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Got hired by the local hockey team, now what? Empty Re: Got hired by the local hockey team, now what?

Post by len sherrard Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:22 pm

I did a gig with a hocky team, and for the most part everyone wanted something to do with the team colors, the mascot or with the game itself. So I suggest you give the team a guick call and ask for a picture of the team logo Wink
len sherrard
len sherrard

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-12-29

http://www.ellensburgfaceart.com

Back to top Go down

Got hired by the local hockey team, now what? Empty Re: Got hired by the local hockey team, now what?

Post by Griffinblue Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:37 pm

They are the Lumberjacks! That should be interesting!
Griffinblue
Griffinblue

Back to top Go down

Post by len sherrard Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:51 am

Hummm, how about an axe breaking out from the skin? Otherwise doing an actual lumberjack might take too long if your line is forming. How about the word "lumberjack" in the team colors, maybe with it surrounded, with angled lines, like they did in the old batman cartoons with the words biff!, pow!, bam! Do a hocky puck, with receding lines, so it looks like its flying off the face? Very Happy
len sherrard
len sherrard

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-12-29

http://www.ellensburgfaceart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Criss Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:58 am

They like the team logo usually, favourite player names & numbers are always a hit and don't forget to brush up on the opposing teams logos.

You can offer, hockey sticks with pucks, pucks with #'s on them, goalie nets, a full face goalie mask, paint in all team colours. Other than that, do your usual. Not everybody wants hockey at a hockey game Smile

I have done hockey for quite a few years, I am a hockey mom to three & Canadian ;D lol
Criss
Criss

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:41 am

I've painted a few hockey games... usually a simplified version of the logo, player names and numbers, or "Go !" simple and fast.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:19 pm

If the local team hired you, I would clarify that they would/would not want you to paint opposing team logos. I think it would be a no-go...
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fezinafelina Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:37 pm

Crossed hockey sticks, an ax sticking out of the skin, "Go Lumber Jacks!", or a flaming hockey puck...

fezinafelina

Number of posts : 81

https://www.facebook.com/facepaintingbyfelina

Back to top Go down

Post by Criss Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:07 pm

anniel wrote:If the local team hired you, I would clarify that they would/would not want you to paint opposing team logos. I think it would be a no-go...

Just a question; why a no-go? They paid the same money as the hometown fans to attend and are participating in the event. If not for the opposing team there would be no game? Just wondering. Thanks Smile
Criss
Criss

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:07 pm

I only had one or two ever ask for the opposing team stuff... I did it, just not as well because I didn't have time to prepare it and didn't really feel the need to be as awesome at the other team's stuff. You'll be painting at home games, so there won't be very many of the other team's fans making the trip
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffinblue Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:34 pm

This afternoon, that totally crossed my mind! I think Perry is right, I prob won't see a ton of people from opposing teams. But I will clarify with the VP that hired me, just in case. Don't wanna bite the hand that feeds me!

Thanks for the ideas, everyone. Our Lumberjack has a big beard, and the die-snarl teeth(like Hulk). Can't wait to make up my board!
Griffinblue
Griffinblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffinblue Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:37 pm

That should read," side-snarl teeth". Whoops!
Griffinblue
Griffinblue

Back to top Go down

Post by a face painting mom Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:41 pm

I am trying to remember who had some awesome hockey designs here. They were so cool. One was a puck to the head, I think, it was awesome. You might serach again, it did not work out for her, they kind of messed her over, not cool. I just remember how great her designs were!
a face painting mom
a face painting mom

Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2011-07-13

http://www.afacepaintingmom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by denverfacepainter Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:45 am

Get on line and look at hockey goalie helmuts........ the art work is amazing and very inspiring. One fave I paint are just the team colors one color on each half of the face... and stitched in the middle Super fast and the guys love it. The stitches can go any direction... vertical, horizontal, diagonal, jagged..... you get the idea...........

denverfacepainter

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2011-10-09

http://www.denverfacepainter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down