Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What to charge as being hired as an extra?

+4
Perry Noia
Tuli*
Stacia
jazzi
8 posters

Go down

What to charge as being hired as an extra? Empty What to charge as being hired as an extra?

Post by jazzi Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:32 am

Hi all,as im still so new to facepainting,I have hit a rock with a enquiry!
I have had a Jumping Castle hire contact me for my rates on having a facepainter as she said shes always looking for one.What rate do i charge her being a company ect.My public rates,party hourly rate or what???? I'm really stuck on what to tell her!....I have looked up jumping castle hire websites in my area and the local approx price to have a facepainter at your party with your castle hire:
(2 hours minimum)
$130 first two hours (please see recommended times below),
$50 for third and subsequent hours.

up to 16 children - 2 hours
17 - 23 children - 3 hours
23-30 children - 4 hours

So what should i charge the company myself per hour if they hire me?
In your opinion what would be resonable for them to pay me based on the above rates in the area they are charging the public .
Thanks for any help u may be able to shine on me,it is MOST apprieciated Wink
jazzi
jazzi

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-01-19

Back to top Go down

What to charge as being hired as an extra? Empty Re: What to charge as being hired as an extra?

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:55 am

Personally, I want my rate - doesn't matter WHO is paying me. What I charge isn't related to what THEY charge. They need to pay my rate to me - they can they can charge what they want.

Back to top Go down

What to charge as being hired as an extra? Empty Re: What to charge as being hired as an extra?

Post by Stacia Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:07 am

I agree with Shannon, charge the same across the board.
Stacia
Stacia

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2010-07-13

https://www.facebook.com/BoiseFacePainting

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuli* Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:44 pm

ur rate
Tuli*
Tuli*

Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2011-05-24

http://www.dazzlingfaces.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:05 pm

yes, exactly what Shannon said... I don't care who hires me. My rate is my rate.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:04 pm

yup they pay your rates even traveling if needed
Tasha
Tasha

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by amy from the ville Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:55 pm

I disagree with everyone.

If someone has a regular gig your going to give them a discount and this is no different. If they can give you regular work your set.

Think of all the time not wasted for calls back and forth, the actual booking, chasing the client for the money (which sometimes doesn't come for weeks even though you get paid straight away) dealing with the client, the advertising you didnt have to do and if they hire you you could work under their insurance etc. the advantages are there.

If they are already a established business you will get lots more face painting then you can get yourself. Just try give them a good deal so they can keep hiring you but remember don't ask their hire price, they are a business too and they go through all the hassles of the job and they need to make their cut too.

P.s it can also give you a chance of expanding your business. Hire an offsider who paints for less then your hire price and you make more of a cut. Just saying don't shoot yourself in the foot before you consider the opportunities this offer might bring...
amy from the ville
amy from the ville

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:36 pm

ok i agree with amy if you are not booked up for weeks and need the extra gigs. For me I have 2-3 gigs a weekend and wouldn't want to put someone (who was paying less money and not being able to pass out my own business cards) a weekend spot when I could have booked my own client. I mean I wouldnt want to have to turn down my own client because i had accepted a lower paying gig. (this happens to me with family Sad ) BUT, If this was something offered during the week I would prob take the less money.
Tasha
Tasha

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzi Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:19 pm

Thanks for all the replies ladies.I think i agree most with Amy . My hourly rate is $75p/h so i quoted the lady $55p/h (discounted rate*) and havent heard bck anything yet...I think they dont wanna pay too much lol,but this is loweest i would go as it has to be worth my time p/h and travel ect geez!
jazzi
jazzi

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Criss Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:26 am

Damn it I wish there was a "like" button!!! LOL I agree with the regular fees aspect, but I would entice them with the offer of a %reduction if they would make it regular, but make sure you cover your costs.
Criss
Criss

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonDreamer Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:33 am

If they're willing to promise a certain amount of business, make it regular or long term, give them a bit of a discount, but like Criss said, cover your cost. If they are talking about three or four bookings max, especially on a weekend? Nope.

I have one person that offers me regular bookings, and I offer her a discount, but she's been a face painter too, and understands how much paint costs and what my time is worth.

I've made a /few/ exceptions during my off seasons as well, but I really don't do it often. Once word gets out that your prices are negotiable, everybody will want a break, and everbody will try to talk you down lower and lower.
CrimsonDreamer
CrimsonDreamer

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-03-21

http://www.CrimsonDream.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down