Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hired by Statefarm agent to paint @ Basketball Game - PHOTOS!

+5
CottonKandyClown
ChaCha
debranewmanart
MeeMee
bluebunneh
9 posters

Go down

Hired by Statefarm agent to paint @ Basketball Game - PHOTOS! Empty Hired by Statefarm agent to paint @ Basketball Game - PHOTOS!

Post by bluebunneh Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:13 am

One of the Statefarm agents in Memphis hired me to paint for an hour & a half to paint paw prints at the Memphis Tiger's Basketball team. It was really fun and easy only having to paint paw prints, everyone kept commenting on how quick I was! When it comes to full faces I'm still a little slow haha but I was wiping those paw prints out in seconds! Which was great because everyone was in a hurry to get to the game and didn't want to wait too long. I painted around 50 faces and was paid my hourly rate by the Statefarm Agent and made $40 in tips!! ^_^ Also, I laughed sooo hard when a little boy stopped in his tracks and pointed at me yelling " ITS KATY PERRY!" hahaha. Anyway, here are a few photos of the event -

Hired by Statefarm agent to paint @ Basketball Game - PHOTOS! 38473710

Hired by Statefarm agent to paint @ Basketball Game - PHOTOS! 38265710

Hired by Statefarm agent to paint @ Basketball Game - PHOTOS! 38598810

Hired by Statefarm agent to paint @ Basketball Game - PHOTOS! Photo10

bluebunneh
bluebunneh

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2011-06-30

Back to top Go down

Hired by Statefarm agent to paint @ Basketball Game - PHOTOS! Empty Re: Hired by Statefarm agent to paint @ Basketball Game - PHOTOS!

Post by MeeMee Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:15 am

Sounds like easy made money. Congratulations.
MeeMee
MeeMee

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2009-09-03

http://www.specialtimesentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Hired by Statefarm agent to paint @ Basketball Game - PHOTOS! Empty Re: Hired by Statefarm agent to paint @ Basketball Game - PHOTOS!

Post by bluebunneh Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:18 am

MeeMee wrote:Sounds like easy made money. Congratulations.

Thanks! It was easy! I suggest anyone who reads this to market themselves to insurance agents Smile
bluebunneh
bluebunneh

Back to top Go down

Post by debranewmanart Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:27 am

Hmmm I already hit my State Farm Agent up months ago...They don't care about facepainting here...glad yours is different.

debranewmanart

Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2011-06-26

https://www.facebook.com/debranewmanart

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaCha Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:13 am

Good job!
ChaCha
ChaCha

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2010-09-02

http://www.EmbellishedFun.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:28 am

Soooo cute! Love the wig!
CottonKandyClown
CottonKandyClown

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by HillbillyDiva1 Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:41 pm

That gives me so many ideas. I'll have to check who sponcers the local team. Also check with the local radio station because they broadcast the local high school games maybe they would higher us.
HillbillyDiva1
HillbillyDiva1

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2011-09-04

http://www.gandgfaceandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zeebee Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:51 pm

Great gig!

This makes me wonder...do you guys tipically ask to put out a tip jar at corporate events? I don't even ask usually, cause I assume they don't want guest to feel obligated, I'm already getting paid at hourly, etc. What are you thoughts?

And Blue Bunneh, what does your tip jar say out of curiosity? (above tips) You look so cute in your blue wig, btw!
zeebee
zeebee

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by bluebunneh Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:57 pm

Thanks everybody! Good idea HillbillyDiva1!

Zeebee - Thanks for the compliment! I almost didn't bring my tip jar thinking the same thing but no one seemed to mind and I'm glad I did after all! I think it depends on the situation, I just kinda feel it out. I'm also curious to what other people's thoughts are on this...

Here's a photo of the art I made for my tip jar ^_^
Hired by Statefarm agent to paint @ Basketball Game - PHOTOS! Tipjar13
bluebunneh
bluebunneh

Back to top Go down

Post by HillbillyDiva1 Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:03 pm

Bluebunneh love the wigs, where do you get yours?
HillbillyDiva1
HillbillyDiva1

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2011-09-04

http://www.gandgfaceandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bluebunneh Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:44 pm

Thank you! I design & wear costumes for fun so I have quite the collection of wigs! The kind I buy are high quality japanese kanekalon fiber and I get most of them from oversea sellers on ebay. If you search for 'cosplay wigs' you should find them instead of the cheap party city wigs. For a good sympathetic fiber wig it should run you between $25 and $50
bluebunneh
bluebunneh

Back to top Go down

Post by OtterGirl Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:00 pm

Do you have cosplay pictures? I've been wanting to get into it for a long time.
OtterGirl
OtterGirl

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2011-08-26

http://thepaintedotter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bluebunneh Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:06 pm

OtterGirl wrote:Do you have cosplay pictures? I've been wanting to get into it for a long time.

I do! Here is a link to my cosplay.com gallery. http://www.cosplay.com/costumes/m91912/ you can click on the thumbnail of whatever costume you want to see more photos of and I have a description of how the costume was made ^_^ It's an expensive but fun hobby!
bluebunneh
bluebunneh

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:51 pm

bluebunneh wrote:Thank you! I design & wear costumes for fun so I have quite the collection of wigs! The kind I buy are high quality japanese kanekalon fiber and I get most of them from oversea sellers on ebay. If you search for 'cosplay wigs' you should find them instead of the cheap party city wigs. For a good sympathetic fiber wig it should run you between $25 and $50

I've seen some beautiful wigs on Etsy.com, but I'm pretty sure you can get them on Ebay for a lot cheaper, too Smile I've made some dreadlocks from Kanekalon Smile
CottonKandyClown
CottonKandyClown

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bluebunneh Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:53 pm

CottonKandyClown wrote:
bluebunneh wrote:Thank you! I design & wear costumes for fun so I have quite the collection of wigs! The kind I buy are high quality japanese kanekalon fiber and I get most of them from oversea sellers on ebay. If you search for 'cosplay wigs' you should find them instead of the cheap party city wigs. For a good sympathetic fiber wig it should run you between $25 and $50

I've seen some beautiful wigs on Etsy.com, but I'm pretty sure you can get them on Ebay for a lot cheaper, too Smile I've made some dreadlocks from Kanekalon Smile

There are some wigs on Etsy that I would die to have, but man are they expensive!! That's really cool, I'd love to see photos of your dreadlocks CottonKandy! Where do you get your Kanekalon from??
bluebunneh
bluebunneh

Back to top Go down

Post by DiamondDrea Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:37 pm

Congrats and thanks for the marketing tip
DiamondDrea
DiamondDrea

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2011-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaCha Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:35 pm

Cute costume! So....did the State Farm agent stay by you and pass out cards, or have aign or anything?
ChaCha
ChaCha

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2010-09-02

http://www.EmbellishedFun.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bluebunneh Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:47 am

ChaCha wrote:Cute costume! So....did the State Farm agent stay by you and pass out cards, or have aign or anything?

Thanks! They had free pens and info packets on the table but didn't pass anything out. They went up and walked to me and directed them over to me to have their face painted. There was no sign but next time I'm going to make one because at lot of people didn't realize what we were doing or that the face painting was free. I think the Statefarm agent's goal is just to get her name and face out, she's one of the most community involved one that I know of and probably the most recognizable one because she does stuff like this
bluebunneh
bluebunneh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down