Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding Glitter Tattoos to your Face Painting Service..

3 posters

Go down

Adding Glitter Tattoos to your Face Painting Service.. Empty Adding Glitter Tattoos to your Face Painting Service..

Post by Mirandas Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:05 pm

Hello everyone!!!
I am planning to add Glitter Tattoos to my Face Painting service, but I don't know how to accomodate..
Do I need another person that can apply glitter tatts while I'm painting, or Can I do both?
I just can't picture me having to deal with 2 differents kits and at the same time keepig an eye on "stranger's hands" trying to grab things..
How do you guys handle this?
How much to charge extra for parties?
All comments will be gladly received!!! Thanks!!! Very Happy
Mirandas
Mirandas

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Adding Glitter Tattoos to your Face Painting Service.. Empty Re: Adding Glitter Tattoos to your Face Painting Service..

Post by Guest Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:41 pm

There are many that manage both, but me... They book one or the other service as I don't do both at the same time. If a customer wants both they either pay for the second artist to do glitter tatts while I paint OR, they can have one hour of each etc. but not simultaneously (I prefer the second artist option!)

Also, glitter tatt bookings are more expensive as the supplies are more expensive.

Back to top Go down

Adding Glitter Tattoos to your Face Painting Service.. Empty Re: Adding Glitter Tattoos to your Face Painting Service..

Post by CreateFaces Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:38 am

If it's a small group, I do FP first, then the tattoos. I charge my glitter tat rate for that hour.

If it's a larger group, I do the same as Shannon, hour of FP, hour of tattoos, charging my FP and glitter tat rates accordingly. My first suggestion to the customer is always to have a second artist. That way, they can have both running at the same time.

Another thing to consider with large groups and the cost of glitter tat materials is to limit the number per guest. I started a 2 tat limit because I've found some kids getting one, then getting right back in line (I call them glitter tat groupies.) Before you know it, it's quitting time, not all the kids have gotten one because they waited til the end and some kids have 4!

Not really my problem, but at a private party, I don't have a line manager so I really don't pay attention to who's waiting in line. I feel badly if a child doesn't get one because they are not aware of when I'm leaving and get in line when I announce the last 15 minutes (and parents haven't managed who's gotten one or not.) For small parties it's not a problem but for big parties 15 minutes may not be enough time for all the stragglers who decide to get in line.

The tat limit has resolved this problem for big parties.

As far as pricing, it's really at your discretion and you should figure out your increase in material cost to calculate.

As far stranger's fingers, all my supplies are kept close to me at all times, especially my glitters as they are simply irresistible to little kids. My glitters are out when painting since I keep my shimmer powders in the same container for FP and my stencils are kept out of sight, beside me under my table until needed.

Sorry for such a long explanation, but hope it helps.
Good luck!
CreateFaces
CreateFaces

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-09-15

http://www.create-a-face.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:50 pm

My daughter runs the tattoos as I face paint. The party child gets up to 2 & the rest of the kids get 1. I charge more for glitter tattoos as it's such a consumable product & so expensive to maintain(mainly the stencils). We do re-use stencils(I know, I know, but they're so expensive) since each child is getting sterilized w/ alcohol before application). We do not re-use stencils for PPF events as it slows the process down & costs us more $ in the long run.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirandas Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:58 pm

Thank you ladies!!!! I don't know why I don't get e-mail alerts Question
But thank you all for your advices..
I would love to add them to my services. I decided that for the mean time I'll be doing one or the other service at a party , or client have the option to add both services but at different times. Now that I'm looking more deeply to all different brands and kits , I'm all confused. confused Have not idea which one to buy..
Any suggestions on a particular kit?
I would love to have in my kit a little bit of everything for all ages..
Any advices will be appreciate it!!!
Mirandas
Mirandas

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:20 am

I find the kits are all about the same in quality. I don't like the roll-on glue applicator. It sticks, jams & is useless. I like the "nail polish" style applicator(it's the easiest to do free hand tats) or the "lip gloss" style applicator.

I apply glitter w/ poof bottle or paintbrush equally. Sometimes poof bottles clog, so have a straight pin available. I use cheap craft store paintbrushes(not high quality ones) as the glue tears them up & they need to be replaced often. I clean the brushes in rubbing alcohol.

Try to find stencils that don't have tons of floating pieces. They can be very intricate & cool looking, but extremely frustrating.

Make sure to clean the area well w/ alcohol(I use the wipes you find in the diabetic isle at the store). Sunscreen, lotion, dirt, sweat can really hinder your design.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by CreateFaces Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:40 pm

Mirandas wrote:Thank you ladies!!!! I don't know why I don't get e-mail alerts Question
Go into your profile and click on "Preferences" one option you can choose is:

"Always notify me of replies :Yes No
Sends an e-mail when someone replies to a topic you have posted in. This can be changed whenever you post."
CreateFaces
CreateFaces

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-09-15

http://www.create-a-face.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down