Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Health Woes....

+7
Mandi from Tazzie
Psalmbook
koolkatkiwi
michellesfantasyfaces
CreateFaces
Metzpah
SuzySparkles
11 posters

Go down

Health Woes.... Empty Health Woes....

Post by SuzySparkles Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:46 pm

Okay... I have many problems...

Keinbochs Disease in my wrist (my painting one) 2 surgeries and still not great... (but functional for a gig)

Hypothyroidism - I had been feeling tired, out of it, and gained A LOT of weight in the last 2 years and found out a few months back that I have that and am now on a pill to control my thyroid and have been steadily but slowly losing weight... BUT it sucks that my weight got up this high before I found out Sad

2 knee surgeries etc etc..

NOW I pulled a muscle in my non painting shoulder and it is in a sling. They have me on vicodin and muscle relaxers and naproxen... (I am a little out of it so I may be ranting) but it is not easy to paint one handed... How am I going to keep the kids head still!! Hopefully it heals soon although it has been 10 days and it is steadily getting worse. At first they thought I may have torn my rotator cuff so I guess this is better but GEEEEEES!! I am 31!!! This is enough I tell ya!!! Mad

Okay thanks for listening!!
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Health Woes.... Empty Re: Health Woes....

Post by Metzpah Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:59 pm

hugs
Metzpah
Metzpah

Number of posts : 1105
Registration date : 2008-09-26

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metzpah/sets/72157608680393072/

Back to top Go down

Post by CreateFaces Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:59 pm

I'm sending good thoughts in your direction! I'm glad you at least got a diagnosis, that is a big positive to focus on while getting your health under control.

About your shoulder, I have back, elbow and shoulder issues beginning when I was 29 when I got pregnant with #2:

My best advice to you is to not rush the healing process. You will have flare ups, but the more patient you are with your body, the longer your "good" periods will last.

And be careful with the pain-killers, they are extremely addictive. I had to come to terms with the fact that some pain is part of the process and regulate how much I actually needed to manage the bad pain times.

Be careful and Good Luck!
CreateFaces
CreateFaces

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-09-15

http://www.create-a-face.net

Back to top Go down

Post by michellesfantasyfaces Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:53 am

I hope it gets better soon...try to be patient indeed...better for the long run...

luckily I don't have any health issues so far...except after a volleyballgame...then i feel I'm getting older... Laughing
michellesfantasyfaces
michellesfantasyfaces

Number of posts : 3190
Registration date : 2010-02-18

http://www.fantasyfaces.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by koolkatkiwi Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:44 am

Awww - honey, I'm so sorry. Sending healing thoughts your way. About the rotator cuff - yeah, you're lucky it's not that. My husband had that in both arms. It took ages to heal - seemed like about six months - and I had to do all the heavy lifting, carrying etc. I even had to do his hair in a pony tail as he couldn't reach up and behind his head (it was a long time ago).

To help you with your painting - why not enlist the sympathy of the moms? Wear your sling to the gig, and have a frail look on your face. Explain that it would be really nice if they could hold their kid's head firmly, and move it when you ask them. They might be able to hold the kid firmer than you would! Tell them the kid will get just as nice a face as usual, but only that they have to help you a bit. Worth a try, anyway.

Kat I love you
koolkatkiwi
koolkatkiwi

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2010-01-20

http://www.billkath.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:02 am

((HUGGS)))... but gentle ones. I'm praying for you. Just take it easy & don't push yourself. The healing comes in time. It took 1 1/2 years for the tendon attached to my right heal to mend. It probably would have been less time, but I was stubborn(or stupid:-) & kept pushing it.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi from Tazzie Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:56 pm

Oh Suzy, my love & blessings of a positive recovery are coming your way.
One thing that I've learned with any healing process you need to maintain a positive thought process. Which is difficult to do when you are experiencing so much pain. I have read a fantastic book by Louise. L. Hay You Can Heal Your Body which works on the emotional basis to all health problems & gives you a posititve affirmation that you can write down on a post it note & stick up where you will see it all the time & say this affirmation over & over again daily. Which helps put your thoughts into a positive mindset. Changing old ways of negative thinking into positive new ones. I looked up in my book for the
Hypothyroidism & the positive affirmation for this is: I move beyond old limitations and now allow myself to express freely and creatively.
Muscles: I experience life as a joyous dance.
Wrist: I handle all my experienes with wisdom, with love, and with ease.
Knee: Forgiveness. Understaing. Compassion. I bend and flow with ease, and all is well. Of course this is only part of the healing process. Positive thoughts can move mountains. sunny flower I love you
Mandi from Tazzie
Mandi from Tazzie

Number of posts : 1826
Registration date : 2010-04-03

http://www.mandifacepaintingsupplies.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Criss Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:31 pm

<3
Criss
Criss

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:31 pm

Thank you for all of the kind words... Some days you just have those whoa is me days and boy I have had a few of those lately. I am very happy that I can still paint though
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:26 pm

Naproxen is good... I've had a prescription for, um... about 36 years now.

Initially for cramps, then for osteoarthritis, then for tendonitis, then for migraines... I just tell the doctors oh, I already have naproxen on a refillable and they say, oh, just take that then!

Only problem was when I was taking it 4X a day... I turned NASTY! Once in awhile to ease off symptoms works for me, but not regularly!

Hope you feel a LOT better soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by jenjenhana Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:45 pm

Wow, Suzy, we could be brothas from different mothas. I'm 31, and have injured just about every joint in my body, and I feel 82 years old. I mean when you wake up in the morning and you're like "jeez, what did i do yesterday? Oh yeah, I peeled an orange...." Or something like that. Hypothyroidism runs in my family too (the women) and I know that is tough. I lucked out though, I only got major clinical depression (also hereditary). I think I spent about a year in bed and got up to 200 lbs. Thank God for Wellbutrin, lol!

Anyways, everyone is right. Stay positive. But most importantly, you need to accept your new limits. I hate to say that, but when I got diagnosed with depression, I had to acknowledge that I could no longer be the super-duper-handle-anything-by-myself-why-yes-I-can-take-every-gig/volunteer/party/appt-thrown-at-me type of girl. It helped me figure out what was really important and what was......meh. Eat the elephant one bite at a time......

BTW, I hate it when you tell someone that you got hurt/got sued/ran over a cat and they're like, "really, well here's my sad story about ME...." I just wanted you to know..........I feel ya girlie. In a totally platonic way. BWAHHAHAAAAA!
jenjenhana
jenjenhana

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2009-10-08

http://www.fenixfaba.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:02 pm

ha!! I dont mind you sharing your stories... makes me feel like I am not alone!! I do know what you mean about story one uppers though... I have a few friends like that!!
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by Tash Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:25 pm

Ahhhhh Suzy I feel ya.
I regularly want to trade this body in for a new one and I'm 'only' 33.
Tendon and joint pain is the worst because it really never gets 100% better without surgery.
'Take it easy and she'll be right mate' - bit of Aussie Lingo to cheer you up!
I love you
Tash
Tash

Number of posts : 1883
Registration date : 2010-01-04

http://faceartbytash.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Sat May 01, 2010 10:46 am

Suzy~ hopeing your recovering well! Continuing to think & pray for you!
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by WyndyO Wed May 05, 2010 6:30 pm

Sorry Suzie!!! That does stinketh ALL THE WAY ROUND! Hope that things improve for you shortly. Take it easy and let your body heal as much as you are able and get stronger. Get better soon!! and definitely be good to yourself!

I also am a HYPO and the pills should only take 2 to 3 weeks before you feel better and more normal. I am currently feeling very cranky about the "fake sympathy" of health professionals regarding the weight gain who want to sign you up for the supplements, shake meals, and B12 shots plan for $1500!!! or the quacky chiros who tell you of their amazing "cleanse" for $200.....
WyndyO
WyndyO

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://www.wowfactorypaint.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Metzpah Wed May 05, 2010 11:10 pm

research out iodine supplements in regards to thyroid issues
Metzpah
Metzpah

Number of posts : 1105
Registration date : 2008-09-26

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metzpah/sets/72157608680393072/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down