Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

website woes - to publish or not too.

+2
SuzySparkles
elantaura
6 posters

Go down

website woes - to publish or not too. Empty website woes - to publish or not too.

Post by elantaura Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:23 pm

I have been building a website, but as most of my photos are old, from when I started a few months ago.
I talked two of my children into letting me paint them again this week on school weekdays which I don’t paint them on- for the website, but Thursday my best & most compliant child got a big sty in her eye – she has unfortunately been prone to them since a baby.
She is understandable out for a week or two, it is under eyelid and she on anti-biotics etc. The second child has decided to back out until the eldest is painted.(typical) So should I just publish the website with what I have, or delay it for a while? I am nervous as it is.
elantaura
elantaura

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://suejuddfacepaintingandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

website woes - to publish or not too. Empty Re: website woes - to publish or not too.

Post by SuzySparkles Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:19 pm

You can publish, change the photos, re-publish... as many times as you want. This isn't like a business card that once you print it you are stuck with it the way that it is... You can change them as often as you want.
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

website woes - to publish or not too. Empty Re: website woes - to publish or not too.

Post by elantaura Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:40 pm

Thanks for the advise, Is it harder to change once published - as opposed to in build mode?
I am very nervous about it, and was worried about putting out pics that were well..That I am not that happy with and not original enough for my liking.
I thought that it may have a negative impact on me. and that putting it off could stop that hapening, also my spider man is old, and a black one, no puppy, or dolphins. (and i am dyslexic making spelling a nightmare!)
I should just press the publish button but its so just hard, knowing if it is the right move.
elantaura
elantaura

Back to top Go down

Post by Denise Cold Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:08 pm

I asked a neighbor with a bunch of kids to let me paint them. You need to make sure that you paint the designs you want to show off. I made the mistake of letting kids choose once and got maybe two usuable photos.

Have a face painting open house, send out a flyer, put on the flyer that the designs are of your choosing and photos will be taken. Even call it a website building open house. I've found that moms and kids like the idea of being my next model in my design book.

D.
Denise Cold
Denise Cold

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-04-06

http://www.denisecold.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyVickery Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:51 pm

Denise I love the idea of a face painting open house! That is fabulous Smile People really do love being a model! I usually go to my local park, and bring a bunch of photo release forms. I take a list of faces I need pictures of, and cross them off as I go so I don't end up with 12 of the same thing.

I paint for tips at the park, and thankfully most parents/kids give me something. If I hear a parent say to the kid that they don't have any money, I'll offer to do it for free if they pick something off the list and I can take their picture. Most of the time they go for it, and everyone walks away happy. Smile
HappyVickery
HappyVickery

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2011-05-31

http://www.smileyfacesfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by elantaura Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:35 pm

Denise I really like the idea, but most of the people, I know do not want there kids on the internet (but they would want the free face paint). you must pitch it really well. there must be somthing wrong with the way I approach the subject. How do you do it?
elantaura
elantaura

Back to top Go down

Post by debranewmanart Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:57 am

Make sure the parents know there will be nothing on your site to identify their kids...no names...no town... just a generic photo of a facepainted kid...could be any kid from anywhere...

debranewmanart

Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2011-06-26

https://www.facebook.com/debranewmanart

Back to top Go down

Post by Seahorse101 Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:21 am

The beauty of a website is that its not static and you can change it everyday if you want to. I encourage updating it at least every quarter to keep things fresh Smile

I don't know what program you are using to design it but it is usually very easy.

Seahorse101
Seahorse101

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down