Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with 2nd order

+3
JBM
elantaura
Olafia
7 posters

Go down

Help with 2nd order Empty Help with 2nd order

Post by Olafia Mon May 28, 2012 5:56 am

I'm quite new to FP and I'm trying to put together my second order here in the forum shop. It's so easy to just fill the cart with everything! Laughing But I'm trying to be practical so I was wondering if you guys could help me out Rolling Eyes

The rainbows I have in my cart now are:
Havana Sunset
Tropical Breeze
Pearl Unicorn

Which one would you skip? I definitely want to have a cake with some neon in it.

I have three splits in the cart:
Pearl Sky/Pearl Teal
Pearl Lilac/Pearl Purple (I was actually looking for Pearl Pink but didn't find any)
Pearl Yellow/Pearl Orange (for tigers etc.)

Are there any other splits you'd rather have?

I was also looking for glitter but didn't find a white/neutral one in the store here.

Any help will be appreciated Very Happy

Olafia
Olafia

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Help with 2nd order Empty Re: Help with 2nd order

Post by elantaura Mon May 28, 2012 6:11 am

I don't know what you already have, so I don't know what to recomend but I think your white glitter would be Iridescent Pearl White and the pearl pink is in the pearl white/rose split
hope that helps
elantaura
elantaura

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://suejuddfacepaintingandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Olafia Mon May 28, 2012 6:36 am

I only have one rainbow cake but it isn't neon. Then I have a DFX Essential Colors Palette w/12 colors. I have neon pink and neon green, metallic white and of course regular black and white from DFX.

I didn't find the pearl white glitter...I guess I should look again Smile
Olafia
Olafia

Back to top Go down

Post by elantaura Mon May 28, 2012 6:57 am

for the glitter
http://www.facepaintforumshop.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=47
the colour is the bottom right hand corner one

as for splits I don't have havana sunset but it looks nice from what I have seen on threads. i think there are a few samples in the forum shop thread?

elantaura
elantaura

Back to top Go down

Post by JBM Mon May 28, 2012 8:04 am

It depends what sort of painter you are and what you plan to do with the splits. I must admit I barely use mine, I will for roses, leaves, snakes, dragons, dolphins and rainbows, but lately I've been really into blending and creating my own colour combinations on the sponge. Do you do a lot of split cake designs? Otherwise for a second order I'd go with good good brushes, irridescent white glitter, sponges, brush holders and some basic colours and black and whites. But of course that depends what you already have.

Also is this a hobby or a business? If you want it to be a business then you really don't need to much to start and you can build your kit as the money comes in so you aren't out of pocket too much. I know some painters go nuts on their kits and then it takes FOREVER to break even and they end up not using heaps of the stuff they have bought.

That said, I've become a total tackle tart but my big purchases are all at workshops and conventions when I see the product in action and I save up my orders for those times. I was very frugal at first and built my kit up slowly so everything in it gets used and I really value it as I've had to wait to get some things until the next pay comes in. It keeps me actively seeking work knowing I have a wishlist of more more more paint to buy Razz
JBM
JBM

Number of posts : 629
Registration date : 2010-10-18

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Henna-by-Riana/149537191765171?ref

Back to top Go down

Post by elantaura Mon May 28, 2012 9:08 am

oh Riana, Its those workshops... I so love blending now, again I have splits they have there place. but yesterday I did a 4 hour gig with Lauren, and... I got asked for more blended butterflys about 30 and 3 rainbow butterflys in the neon... the cake was there its just people want the blends.

I even said to her at two hours I havn't painted a rainbow butterfly yet.
I do use the one strokes though. I am about 2 thirds blending 1 third one stroking. and my paradise flame dose get a workout but that is due to it making a nice batman background.
so it must be those workshops.

a side note (Thread hijack)

Riana you were right I have whiplash from my neck extending down to my which is causing problems with my left hand, it has caused issues with me twisting I can't twist right now and slightly slowed me down painting - think I need to claim but don't know what to do I have gone from 19 per hour at mounties to 17 per hour with the same designs. but the doctors don't seem to take facepainting and twisting as a serious vocation? thinking mabye I should bring in some pictures I just don't know.
(and the quality was not as good as the painkillers gave me the shakes)
elantaura
elantaura

Back to top Go down

Post by JBM Mon May 28, 2012 9:17 am

Maybe bring in Business registration Certificate, Insurance Cert of Currency, Profit and loss and tell them how much it would cost to book you for a day maybe???? Mad And ask around and get good chiro/physio or certified Remedial Massage even if you pay out of your own pocket now it will be less than in the long run if you let it get a hold. Soo sorry to hear that Crying or Very sad
JBM
JBM

Number of posts : 629
Registration date : 2010-10-18

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Henna-by-Riana/149537191765171?ref

Back to top Go down

Post by PerfectlyPaintedFaces Mon May 28, 2012 9:41 am

Havana Sunset is amazing! I tried mine for the first time yesterday at a couple birthday parties, and it was a total hit. Every girl but one chose it over my neon rainbow. So I definitely recommend it!

Another of my most popular TAG rainbows is "Girls Night Out" - very popular for butterflies.
PerfectlyPaintedFaces
PerfectlyPaintedFaces

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2011-11-03

http://www.perfectlypaintedfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cattsy Mon May 28, 2012 3:36 pm

Olafia wrote:
The rainbows I have in my cart now are:
Havana Sunset
Tropical Breeze
Pearl Unicorn

I think these are great really. Nice choices, will give you some to play with. I would totally, totally, recomend the neon rainbow though, and if I was going to swap one of these for it I'd do the tropical breeze, and keep the pearl unicorn and havana sunset.

I love love love my rainbow neon and it's my most popular cake to reach for.

Olafia wrote:
I have three splits in the cart:
Pearl Sky/Pearl Teal
Pearl Lilac/Pearl Purple (I was actually looking for Pearl Pink but didn't find any)
Pearl Yellow/Pearl Orange (for tigers etc.)

The only one that I would add to this is a pearl white/pearl pink split

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=499

Pearl white is AWESOME, you can use it to make any other color pearly, you can use it for bases, and it's just really pretty.

cattsy
cattsy

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by katerra77 Mon May 28, 2012 8:20 pm

Tropical Breeze is very pretty, I really like it!
I don't have Havana Sunset, but I have similar colors rainbow cake and love it too!
katerra77
katerra77

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2011-09-19

http://www.sunrisefacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Olafia Tue May 29, 2012 11:24 am

Thank you so much for your help guys! Smile

After thinking about it I decided not to have rainbow cakes for now, to save money. And also because I love blending and I'm using one strokes a lot.

Instead I bought glitter, two brushes, a couple of pearl colors and one strokes and a few more things.

For now this is just a hobby. Face painting isn't nearly as advanced here in Iceland as it is in the US apparently but I'm hoping to paint for some friends and relatives at birthday parties this summer and see if anything more comes out of that Smile
Olafia
Olafia

Back to top Go down

Post by skjfunny Tue May 29, 2012 12:05 pm

Consider it all past tense...wasn't as advanced in Iceland until YOU decided to show what can be done...hoping something comes of painting a few friends and family will not take you where you might want to go. When you start painting you will hit a wonderful natural high and WANT to share it with everyone, so get a plan. That is if you want to make $$$ with it, contact all child oriented activities with photos of what you can do. Create the excitement and they will be calling you. You have a wonderful opportunity to set the bar and expectations for miles and miles. Be the leader and enjoy every moment....you've got the forum to assist you all the way...that alone makes you leader of the pack!!! sunny
skjfunny
skjfunny

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2010-08-17

http://sunshinetheclown.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Olafia Tue May 29, 2012 8:34 pm

skjfunny wrote:Consider it all past tense...wasn't as advanced in Iceland until YOU decided to show what can be done...hoping something comes of painting a few friends and family will not take you where you might want to go. When you start painting you will hit a wonderful natural high and WANT to share it with everyone, so get a plan. That is if you want to make $$$ with it, contact all child oriented activities with photos of what you can do. Create the excitement and they will be calling you. You have a wonderful opportunity to set the bar and expectations for miles and miles. Be the leader and enjoy every moment....you've got the forum to assist you all the way...that alone makes you leader of the pack!!! sunny

This certainly is an inspiration Very Happy

But I'm still very slow and have to build up speed and confidence. I guess I have yet to experience the high of painting other kids than my own Wink I'm gonna think about this!
Olafia
Olafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down