Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which would you order

5 posters

Go down

Which would you order Empty Which would you order

Post by Laskowski911 Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:50 pm

Ok, if your budget was limited to say $125 and you absolutely have to get red & black (which I am ordering) but the remainder is for new colors-would you: buy 3 colors of star blends and a couple of splits or rainbows OR all splits & rainbows and save the SB for next order?

I am torn, because I figure ya can't miss what you never tried...but everyone speaks so high of the red, black& white SB????
Laskowski911
Laskowski911

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-11-08

http://www.heyniceface.vpweb.com

Back to top Go down

Which would you order Empty Re: Which would you order

Post by MonsterKat Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:54 pm

LOL...my budget was similar and I just placed my order...I looked over those starblends BUT in my area we really don't have a huge problem with heat so using starblends might be easier for the kids but not necessary for me!
I went with new splits (plus re-ordering a couple favs) and a couple new colors I didn't have anything similar to already in my kit.
MonsterKat
MonsterKat

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Katurah Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:56 pm

I would get the SBs and whatever you have left is to try something different. That's what I do. I had at $70 budget for my last order and I had to get Paradise Porto and a split cake for Roses. After that the rest was fun money.

Anyways SBs aren't expensive. For all 3 you could probably spend $30 (?) in Metina's shop. You would be shocked what you can do with the remainder. You can try 1 strokes, splits, BAMs, etc. fun times Very Happy
Katurah
Katurah

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2012-03-12

http://www.katurahpaintspeople.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by debranewmanart Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:53 pm

Personally, I'd buy one color cakes and make my own splits....but then I'm extra frugal Smile

debranewmanart

Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2011-06-26

https://www.facebook.com/debranewmanart

Back to top Go down

Post by rthling Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:59 pm

Guess it depends upon what you have. I recently started using starblends. Have used them minimally in the field. (more for practice)
Snazaroo red is pretty amazing, and I'm eye-balling the FAB Rage red. Although I find myself trying to load up with the Paradise red on the end of my regular rainbow cake. It is fabulous.
Black for bases and black for linework are two different animals entirely. I love DFX or Wolfe black for linework. TAG pearl black is nice, as well as soft for bases, and it makes admirable lines, too. I have a hard time getting my starblends black to be opaque enough for bases.
As for splits and rainbows, if you don't have a neon rainbow, get one. I love Havanah Sunset, but the kids always choose the neon rainbow.
I use Stargazer Lily for flowers and roses. Bright leaf is a must have (yellow, light green, regular green). I use it for leaves, snakes, frogs, lizards, lots of boy stuff. Bluebird is my other go-to.
I do use my SB red and white for Spidey, and the pink for rosy cheeks. The yellow and orange make great tiger bases, but I favor my TAG pearls for bases, so I forget to use the SB. The blue is very hard for me to get opaque.

I hope that's clear as mud, as we say here in the south.
rthling
rthling

Number of posts : 1830
Registration date : 2010-10-05

http://www.fancyfacesbydiane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down