Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So happy...Face Boards TICK,Business cards TICK,Practice practice TICK,Nerves TICK,1st party TICK,!

2 posters

Go down

So happy...Face Boards TICK,Business cards TICK,Practice practice TICK,Nerves TICK,1st party TICK,! Empty So happy...Face Boards TICK,Business cards TICK,Practice practice TICK,Nerves TICK,1st party TICK,!

Post by Nixie pixie Sat May 05, 2012 7:28 am

Hi there,after much shall I?sharnt I? As a beginner I said why not! What an exciting time doing the boards,getting together a kit,trolley etc etc,made a costume ,used my husband and son to the point of abuse! as models..ha ha they run at the sight of a brush...!...then just as I was getting ready to plan my official "when do I start this " a phone call from a kinder mum from last year....would I be interested in doing a party?....OMG...nerves so bad,but excited I accepted her invitation and today was my first party!! There were 17 children all around 6 yrs old....I was nervous to begin with but enjoyed every minute,was very pleased with my little set up,great to learn what works and what doesn't and what I need next time...
My question to all you wonderful talented ladies out there is I purposely took a little time more than usual so I wouldn't mess up on the children and they stopped for pass the parcel and cake time,but I took 2 hours for 17 children,nearly all full face designs....is this too slow?? What designs do you do? Etc...would love your advice...as a newbie to painting and forum love this new exciting journey,loads to learn,can't wait to hear from you...
Ps the parent was very happy with me,so that made me very happy,came home on a high!
I am trying to figure out how to post photos to add some......thanks everyone....
Blessings NIXIE PIXIE..... flower
Nixie pixie
Nixie pixie

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-03-28

https://www.facebook.com.au/nixiepixiecreations

Back to top Go down

So happy...Face Boards TICK,Business cards TICK,Practice practice TICK,Nerves TICK,1st party TICK,! Empty Re: So happy...Face Boards TICK,Business cards TICK,Practice practice TICK,Nerves TICK,1st party TICK,!

Post by Becky521 Sat May 05, 2012 7:33 am

I think 2 hours for 17 children is quite reasonable for your first party! I quote 10-12 per hour depending on complexity, cooperation of the children, etc. I can probably go a bit faster than this after a solid year of painting, but it takes away from the pampering experience for the guests if I quote more faces per hour, am up against the clock and just slap on the paint and yell "NEXT!"

Congratulations on your first party, and you are doing great if you did 17 in two hours this early in the game I think!

Becky521
Becky521

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2012-03-07

Http://fantasticfacesbybecky.com

Back to top Go down

So happy...Face Boards TICK,Business cards TICK,Practice practice TICK,Nerves TICK,1st party TICK,! Empty Re: So happy...Face Boards TICK,Business cards TICK,Practice practice TICK,Nerves TICK,1st party TICK,!

Post by Nixie pixie Sat May 05, 2012 7:56 am

Thank you so much for your encouragement....I am wanting to try I again soon!..must be hooked!
I will just keep practicing till I pick up confidence and speed....I have a Facebook site I just made up that's the only photos I can get anyone to see as I'm unsure of how to load any here.....till next time thanks and keep happy and well...x
www.facebook.com.au/nixiepixiecreations

Nixie pixie
Nixie pixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Becky521 Sat May 05, 2012 8:02 am

It wouldn't let me see your page. Sad. I'm on my iPad, so I will try it from my laptop in a bit. Too much technology!
Becky521
Becky521

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2012-03-07

Http://fantasticfacesbybecky.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixie pixie Sat May 05, 2012 8:30 am

That's so ironic....I'm on my iPad and can't load photos!! Ha ha x
Nixie pixie
Nixie pixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down