Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THANKS GUYS! Your compliments (and tons of cookies) saved my Christmas!

+19
lorrinwagner
helena
maggie
ChaCha
artyfacesbyluz
elantaura
MasterpieceFacePainting
Rae
michellesfantasyfaces
Tasha
sara_geneve
l!zzie
Kat's FacesForFun
Kumi's Magical Brush
Manabanana
CatherineR
daffyv
Airyfairy
Pilareta
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

THANKS GUYS! Your compliments (and tons of cookies) saved my Christmas!  Empty THANKS GUYS! Your compliments (and tons of cookies) saved my Christmas!

Post by Pilareta Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:43 pm

I got as many compliments on my decorated cookies ("Starting up christmas designs" thread) from my wonderful friends on this forum that I encouraged to show my cookies to my sister-in-law, who owns a local bakery. She was amazed! She told me to paint lots of them for the Christmas season and after two really crazy weeks (working full time at the inmigration office, two little kids at home, busy nights painting -and even dreaming- swirls and teardrops) we've sold all our cookies and I won enough money to pay for our Christmas presents! (Even my oldest son's Wii, cheers ). So I'm sooooo happy and grateful ... and tired!. Sleep
Here are some pics I took to show you my work.Hope you like it!

THANKS GUYS! Your compliments (and tons of cookies) saved my Christmas!  A10

THANKS GUYS! Your compliments (and tons of cookies) saved my Christmas!  Bandej10

THANKS GUYS! Your compliments (and tons of cookies) saved my Christmas!  Bandej11

THANKS GUYS! Your compliments (and tons of cookies) saved my Christmas!  Bandej12

THANKS GUYS! Your compliments (and tons of cookies) saved my Christmas!  Bandej13

THANKS GUYS! Your compliments (and tons of cookies) saved my Christmas!  Bandej14

THANKS GUYS! Your compliments (and tons of cookies) saved my Christmas!  Dsc06218

THANKS GUYS! Your compliments (and tons of cookies) saved my Christmas!  Dsc06219

THANKS GUYS! Your compliments (and tons of cookies) saved my Christmas!  Dsc06220

Thanks again! I love having you there! MERRY CHRISTMAS! ¡¡¡FELIZ NAVIDAD PARA TODOS!!!!!!! santa

Pilareta
Pilareta

Number of posts : 1336
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

THANKS GUYS! Your compliments (and tons of cookies) saved my Christmas!  Empty Re: THANKS GUYS! Your compliments (and tons of cookies) saved my Christmas!

Post by Airyfairy Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:54 pm

Most beautiful cookies I have ever seen! Amazing job!
Airyfairy
Airyfairy

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2011-04-29

Back to top Go down

THANKS GUYS! Your compliments (and tons of cookies) saved my Christmas!  Empty Re: THANKS GUYS! Your compliments (and tons of cookies) saved my Christmas!

Post by daffyv Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:24 pm

Wow those are too beautiful to bite into. great job. cheers
daffyv
daffyv

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by CatherineR Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:36 pm

You've done a beautiful job. I made some cookies also but would like to ask you what did you use to make your swirl designs. I can see why your cookies sold out, now you have Valentine's day, Easter, etc. to look forward to. Good luck to you!
CatherineR
CatherineR

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Manabanana Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:37 pm

absolutely stunning!
Manabanana
Manabanana

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2011-07-01

http://www.manaartonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumi's Magical Brush Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:49 pm

Pilareta, You are so cooooool! I love your decorations santa
Kumi's Magical Brush
Kumi's Magical Brush

Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2011-08-26

http://www.kumismagicalbrush.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat's FacesForFun Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:56 pm

Those really are absolutely stunning! Congrats!!!
Kat's FacesForFun
Kat's FacesForFun

Number of posts : 1015
Registration date : 2011-09-12

http://www.facepaintingkat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by l!zzie Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:57 am

You are such an artist!!
Stunning!
l!zzie
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by sara_geneve Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:46 am

Those are BEEYOOTIFUL! Congratulations!
sara_geneve
sara_geneve

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:48 am

The best ideas are discovered by accident. cant remember who said that but, your cookies are amazing. lol Cant wait to see your Valentines Cookies. Now you need another website so everyone can order your Pretty treats. Oh i would have loved to come over and help paint those with you. Smile Good Luck! and Congrats on the extra dough. teehee
Tasha
Tasha

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by michellesfantasyfaces Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:56 am

those cookies are awesome! feliz navidad to you too!
michellesfantasyfaces
michellesfantasyfaces

Number of posts : 3190
Registration date : 2010-02-18

http://www.fantasyfaces.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:12 am

oh WOW!! Those are the best cookies ever!

I hadn't been looking at the Christmas designs thread, so missed your cookies before. Just went over that thread by the way - uuuhhh why was I skipping over it?? Everyone's designs are so good! I just can't seem to get into painting Christmasy designs?? I've done quite a few Christmas parties too, but hardly anyone has asked for Christmas stuff......maybe coz it's hot here?? I don't know, just not feelin it. LOVE your cookies though. So happy for you! Now catch some more of those zzzzz's.
Rae
Rae

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2011-02-09

http://www.raesfx.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterpieceFacePainting Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:09 am

Those are gorgeous! You should be proud!
MasterpieceFacePainting
MasterpieceFacePainting

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2011-11-11

http://www.masterpiecefacepainting.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by elantaura Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:22 am

I suspect in the lead up to holidays easter, valentines etc it will be more than just faces you will be painting congratulations. they look awsome!!!
elantaura
elantaura

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://suejuddfacepaintingandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by artyfacesbyluz Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:02 am

Felicitaciones, que rico es ganar dinero haciendo lo que amamos, Feliz Navidad.
artyfacesbyluz
artyfacesbyluz

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.artyfacesbyluz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pilareta Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:54 am

Wow, thanks everyone!I wasn't sure about how they would come out and I'm very happy with the result Very Happy I painted them with "glasa" (sorry, I don't know the English word: it's beaten egg white until stiff and icing sugar) and number 1 and 2 round brushes. I found paintig with beaten egg harder than my usual paints but I really enjoyed it! Thanks again and yes, I fear I'll be busy for Valentine's Day, Easter,... Sweetly tired! Wink
Pilareta
Pilareta

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaCha Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:19 pm

Pilareta - Congratulations! Your children are going to be soooooooo happy with their presents! We call the egg white frosting "royal icing" it dries brick hard. I cant wait to try painting with it!
ChaCha
ChaCha

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2010-09-02

http://www.EmbellishedFun.com

Back to top Go down

Post by maggie Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:10 pm

WOW WOW WOW WOW!!! Pilar, your cookies are amazing!!!! You are one talented lady and that is awesome they paid for Christmas present Smile

btw have you thought of painting ornaments, your cooking would make beautiful ones. I know I would buy them in a second.

Feliz Navidad y prospero a#o nuevo!!!!
maggie
maggie

Number of posts : 2677
Registration date : 2010-11-27

http://www.maggieplummerfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by helena Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:43 pm

Fantastic news!

Your work is so gorgeous, I'm sure it could turn into a steady line of work for you if you wanted it to (maybe even an online order thing - why not? - set up your own website and get it going! I bet you could make some meggah moolah - personalized cookies and theme/seasonal cookies etc. sent out in cute little boxes! How exciting!) cheers
helena
helena

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2011-04-13

http://fancythatfacepainting.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by lorrinwagner Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:12 pm

Wow, those are so pretty. there are a few online shops (Etsy) that do these for parties and weddings even. I think you should get it going, add some monograms and you are set! way to go, pretty inspiring! Almost makes me want to start baking - almost.
lorrinwagner
lorrinwagner

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2011-03-08

http://www.wagnerevents.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachymango Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:27 pm

They are beautiful. Congratulations on such a successful sweet treat.
Peachymango
Peachymango

Number of posts : 647
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:42 pm

Great job!
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by martha Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:12 pm

Over the top! cheers
martha
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Pilareta Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:22 pm

Thanks, thanks again! (I'm flattered Embarassed ). Great ideas and advices everyone!
Lorrin, there are some online shops in Spain too where you can order your customized cookies for birthdays, weedings,... I can't leave my current job (I love it and work schedule allows me to be with my kids in the afternoon) but I think it would be great if we could serve online some orders.
And Maggie, what kind of ornaments were you thinking about? I'm open to any ideas. This forum is always an inspiration! (Btw "A-o Nuevo" ? What happened to your Ñ ? Jajaja. ¡Feliz AÑO Nuevo también para ti y los tuyos! Very Happy )
Pilareta
Pilareta

Back to top Go down

Post by maggie Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:10 pm

I was thinking about non edible cookie ornaments, they look like real cookies and are covered with something that looks like crystallized sugar. I would hang yours on my tree in a heartbeat but they would not last.

There are others made with bone china and then painted like these (scroll down to see the snowflakes) http://www.positivelybeauty.com/style-guide-of-the-week-christmas-ornaments/

And the painted glass ornaments.

Oh and the # is to substitute the n with the ~, don;t know how to do that with our keyboards hahahaha.
maggie
maggie

Number of posts : 2677
Registration date : 2010-11-27

http://www.maggieplummerfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next