Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Body paint request - ack! What do I say?

4 posters

Go down

Body paint request - ack! What do I say? Empty Body paint request - ack! What do I say?

Post by Sunrise Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:22 pm

So I got a voice mail from a girl saying she's interested in a full body paint, which I've never done. It's something I'd kinda like to try, though, and I need advice before I call her back. What kind of questions should I ask her? (Besides the basic when, where, etc.) I don't know any details at all about it yet but I want to sound professional when I talk to her, not like I'm flying completely blind.

How much do you charge for it? How much paint does it take? (I know these are a lot of "it depends" questions, but ballpark me.)

Might be a moot point as if she wants something for Halloween I have no time...but at least I'd have my head around this stuff if I ever get another request.

Sunrise
Sunrise

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2010-04-26

http://www.inyourfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Body paint request - ack! What do I say? Empty Re: Body paint request - ack! What do I say?

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:50 pm

On my resources page is a sheet called Information for Body Painting Models... that should give you a start.

And a full body if you are doing something with some detail can take 4-6 hours...

Price... that's up to you. I charge my hourly rate.

Back to top Go down

Body paint request - ack! What do I say? Empty Re: Body paint request - ack! What do I say?

Post by Sunrise Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:46 pm

Thanks Shannon!
Sunrise
Sunrise

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2010-04-26

http://www.inyourfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by a face painting mom Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:34 pm

I have had three calls this season. I don't know what it is, but I have no desire to paint a body, not even a belly. Is that weird?

I sounded kind of odd when I sent the body requests to other painters. The confusion comes in because I do airbrush tatoos, so my name comes up in body art. I might not mind airbrushing a body, but I just don't want to paint one!
a face painting mom
a face painting mom

Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2011-07-13

http://www.afacepaintingmom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:35 pm

I'm supposed to do one this friday... girl wants to be a tiger. I've only done body paintings in classes, and never more than a corset! I figured since it's basically all orange white and black it'll take about 2 hours.... I hope! I'm charging her for 1.5 hours. I'm definitely worried, about the time issue mostly, but at the same time I feel like I need to try it. How hard can a tiger be right???
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-07-10

http://www.elaborateeyes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:00 pm

It took me 90 minutes to do a male torso tiger... using Fardel creams.

This one:
Body paint request - ack! What do I say? Bpdavetiger

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi_o7 Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:27 pm

Shannon I have to make a baseball sombie this weekend, should I use for the t-shirt cream or paint? is just the upper body because he is going to a party, I never used creams before and I know this would be a silly question but you learn asking, can I use paint over cream products? scratch
vivi_o7
vivi_o7

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2011-02-11

http://fancydesigns.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:43 pm

Fardel is a water based cream face paint. BUT, yes you can use regular theatrical cream (oil based) make-up, powder it to set, and then paint over top. I've done it often.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down