Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brand New and already been asked to do a gig for the County!

+5
rthling
Stacia
michellesfantasyfaces
Manabanana
bdowns
9 posters

Go down

Brand New and already been asked to do a gig for the County! Empty Brand New and already been asked to do a gig for the County!

Post by bdowns Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:52 am

So I just happen to tell the right person and show some pictures of my practice and 3 days later she calls asking me if I can do a Halloween event with the county.. expected 200 kids and 2 hours of painting 6-8... HHHHHHEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPP!!!

I need some super fast Halloween Themed designs, my kit is still small as I am so new to this but I think I have enough to get thru and get some much needed practice with live canvas...

Im slightly freaking out(lies, Im totally freaking out), she says not to worry (its a free event, how can people complain when its free??) Tip jar will be out just in hopes that I can buy some more paints and supplies.. Its a great opportunity I just couldnt pass up.. Did I bite off more than I can chew? Here is what I have for designs already that I have been practicing, I dont want this to be all I have and with that many kids I dont want any sad faces when I cant get to them all so I need some help with super easy fast designs.. Thanks

Brand New and already been asked to do a gig for the County! 2011-021

Brand New and already been asked to do a gig for the County! 2011-022

Brand New and already been asked to do a gig for the County! 2011-023
bdowns
bdowns

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Brand New and already been asked to do a gig for the County! Empty Re: Brand New and already been asked to do a gig for the County!

Post by bdowns Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:55 am

got this design also...
Brand New and already been asked to do a gig for the County! 29880310

Brand New and already been asked to do a gig for the County! 31337510
bdowns
bdowns

Back to top Go down

Brand New and already been asked to do a gig for the County! Empty Re: Brand New and already been asked to do a gig for the County!

Post by Manabanana Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:20 am

why are you freaking out???? YOU'RE AWESOME! just remember...kids are wiggly and not as patient as our practice head friends.

hahaha

other then that and the line you will have, it should be a breeze.

1 suggestion. Stick with the 1st monster mask, if it is free (you arent being sponsered) then stick with fast, easy, but effective ideas. (the other face will take longer) My monster mask is even smaller then the 1st one, and I sometimes only do 1 eye instead of both. Smile Very Happy

Have fun!
Manabanana
Manabanana

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2011-07-01

http://www.manaartonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Manabanana Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:24 am

p.s. Even though it is for halloween..... take you regular arsonal of ideas. (tiger, fairy, butterfly, dog, spiderman, flowers, etc....)

Themed events will aways turn into you basic ideas by the end. Kids dont care what the theme is.
Manabanana
Manabanana

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2011-07-01

http://www.manaartonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by michellesfantasyfaces Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:24 am

your painting is great! congratz on your first job!
michellesfantasyfaces
michellesfantasyfaces

Number of posts : 3190
Registration date : 2010-02-18

http://www.fantasyfaces.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacia Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:14 pm

Congrats on the gig!
You don't need to worry, you've got this. I'd make a board of 6 or so designs and go with it. Once you do each design 4 or 5 times you'll be quicker than you ever thought. I've got my scary spider and pumpkin design down to about 30 seconds to a minute now because I've done them over and over again. I would second what Mana said about the monster mask, mine is smaller too. In fact if there are really going to be 200 kids in 2 hours I might even transition to a single eye monster design if I were you. She also hit the nail on the head with the regular designs, I've painted so many dang butterflies at the fall themed place where I'm currently painting, way more than pumpkins and spiders.
Good luck and may the tips flow! Keep us posted on how it goes Very Happy.
Stacia
Stacia

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2010-07-13

https://www.facebook.com/BoiseFacePainting

Back to top Go down

Post by rthling Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:20 pm

Woohoo! You are going to ROCK it! I know how scary the first one is, but it isn't as big a deal as you think. Definitely find a way to stand for that long. I tried sitting, which was a MISTAKE!! Make sure your table is at a height you can reach comfortably.
Remember that each face is different, and each design will be slightly unique. Embrace that.
If something doesn't go as you plan, embrace that, too!
Kids are ecstatic to have you do whatever, and they will be happy, no matter what.
Smile!
Have FUN!!
rthling
rthling

Number of posts : 1830
Registration date : 2010-10-05

http://www.fancyfacesbydiane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PaintedNeonMeow Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:58 pm

Congratualtions and don't worry your work is amazing! Kids are always happy with whatever you do, even if they scrunch their eyes and ruin a perfect line or looking terrified and leaning away every time you go near them with a paint loaded brush, they will love it.
Tip: Wear something light but loose, if you are nervous and have a long line the pressure can make you uber hot and flustered also as rthling said the positioning is vital your back will be feeling it after half hour if the chair or table is too low.
Let us know haw it goes and try and get some pics.
Good Luck :-D
PaintedNeonMeow
PaintedNeonMeow

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Monna (sounds like Donna) Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:40 pm

You are doing an awesome job..you are going to have a great time!
Monna (sounds like Donna)
Monna (sounds like Donna)

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-09-23

http://www.youravon.com/monnablack

Back to top Go down

Post by Mug Shots Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:51 pm

You might even look at the monster that is just above the brow line, with 2 small horns (not sure who started that one, but it is on here somewhere) and it is GREAT with limited time and wiggly little ones. You have a lot of talent... I know you will do great. Don't let the line get to you (or the complaints about the line).

I think it is Ashley Pickin (spelling?? Sorry Ashley) who has a thread on here with 30 second designs, and Denise has an amazing hummingbird that takes very little time, and has become one of my most requested designs, even in its most simple form.... pretty sure I have a pic of that one... let me look.

Good luck! I know you will do great! I am happy for you! Tracy
Mug Shots
Mug Shots

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2011-07-05

http://mugshotsfacepainting.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mug Shots Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:01 pm

Here is a neon puppy I do for fast events with the neon rainbow split cake

Brand New and already been asked to do a gig for the County! Neon_p10

And here is my version of Denise's hummingbird, which I must say, since it was only the second time I painted it... its really her's on my face! lol I have played with it some since then... but its super fast and the women and girls love it!

Brand New and already been asked to do a gig for the County! Wp_00010

Not sure if it is that same video that has the dragon? But is an awesome fast super fast design the boys really dig.

I found one more too... I did this one on my thigh this summer, but had girls request it left and right last weekend for over their forehead and down their cheek. Could easily be done with 1 color if you aren't into splits yet....

Brand New and already been asked to do a gig for the County! One_st11

There is a ton of stuff on here... I know you will find what works for you! Good luck!

Mug Shots
Mug Shots

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2011-07-05

http://mugshotsfacepainting.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bdowns Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:44 am

very nice!! and thank you!! love the designs!! I will do some practice today!!
bdowns
bdowns

Back to top Go down

Post by HazyDaze Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:41 am

Wow, a big county gig! You're gonna have so much fun, I'm excited for you, hehe. Very Happy Don't stress too much~ your art work is just lovely. Good luck!
HazyDaze
HazyDaze

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down