Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DFX red coverage

3 posters

Go down

DFX red coverage Empty DFX red coverage

Post by srbolton Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:23 pm

This past weekend I did an event that turned out fairly slow for me, but toward the end it picked up a bit. One of the few faces I got to do was a spiderman mask, and it was for a very dark-skinned boy from Nigeria- and such a good boy. He sat so still- even though I took a bit longer because of an issue I was having. And, he said it was "the coolest ever" when he saw the finished product! The issue I ran into was that the red I was using (Diamond) was quite translucent on his skin. I ended up covering in white and then putting the red on top of that to get good coverage- but I found when doing this that it is difficult to keep them from mixing a bit on the brush and coming out with a few strokes of pink. Has anyone else had this issue with DFX, or is this maybe true of all brands? or am I doing something wrong? (I am still quite new after all)

Thanks!
srbolton
srbolton

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Back to top Go down

DFX red coverage Empty Re: DFX red coverage

Post by SuzySparkles Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:05 pm

Some colors just don't show up on very dark skin... Metallics are usually better than others... TAG metallic red is a great option
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by artyfacesbyluz Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:17 pm

Dark colors don't show on dark skin I have same problem with some hero mask like wolverine, batman, etc, I do use metallics but I also discover that silver it is my best friend, I applied it as a base and then the color and it pops some times better than metallic color itself. ( I have a dark skin).
artyfacesbyluz
artyfacesbyluz

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.artyfacesbyluz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down