Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crayon paints (yuck)

4 posters

Go down

Crayon paints (yuck) Empty Crayon paints (yuck)

Post by cattsy Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:10 pm

So this may seem a weird question, but has anyone ever aken crayons paints and smushed them up, and used them with a brush?

This charity event that I'm doing, the co-ordinators (not the organizer, the guy above him) has decided to use "donated" facepaints and supplies... most of which consist of crappy dollar store crayon paints Sad

I cannot work with those!!! YUCK!! I can't even do a straight line with one, let alone any sort of recognizable design!! Can I smush em up and use them with a brush at least?? Anyone ever have to work like that??

Trina
cattsy
cattsy

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Crayon paints (yuck) Empty Re: Crayon paints (yuck)

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:38 pm

Depends.... if it is water activated "face paint in sticks" then yes, you should be able to smoosh them into a container and paint with them. If it is crappy made in China Halloween waxy greasepaint crayons... no.

What they'll work like though is anyone's guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:33 am

That is silly, and they wasted their money, or whoever bought them. I have a place I ask them to order a cheapish kit from, they are free to keep the kit for future events of their own. If you use their paints and they are crap you aren't gonna get the publicity you deserve. Your work will not look as good as normal and the slim chances of booking a future job, gets even slimmer.
eva
eva

Number of posts : 1108
Registration date : 2008-12-13

http://www.cincinnatifacepainters.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cattsy Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:13 pm

I'm in total agreement Sad

But this is a fairly new organization, and this is only their second big event. So I guess money is a concern...

Where do you order from and what's the cost?

At this point I don't think I'm going to be handing out any business cards, that's for sure... I am still going to go an volunteer my time... but...

cattsy
cattsy

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyVickery Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:19 am

I remember a long time ago seeing a face painter using their water based crayons with a paint brush. It looked like it was about 1/3 gone, and they just stuck their brush down in the crayon tube. I know they didn't use that for everything, but you might want to try that, and maybe you won't even have to mash them all up Smile
HappyVickery
HappyVickery

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2011-05-31

http://www.smileyfacesfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by helena Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:02 pm

I did a volunteer gig recently and they had those stick paints and some dregs of others - now I know some people might be able to make those work well, but I've not had much luck with getting the opaque look I've wanted with them, so when I found out, I just took along my own paints and brushes (they were going to use frayed 'puffy' type $1 store brushes with no tension to them at all.)

I figured I'd be representing myself and my work and didn't want people to get the wrong idea of what I could do, so counted the cost of the paint and supplies worth it for good advertising, rather than bad.

Next time I'll let them know I'll be bringing the paints/brushes and I'll ask them to cover the cost of what I use.
helena
helena

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2011-04-13

http://fancythatfacepainting.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down