Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model gave up before I was done..LOL

2 posters

Go down

Model gave up before I was done..LOL Empty Model gave up before I was done..LOL

Post by Gr8ful Fri May 13, 2011 11:58 pm

One of my models is a little neighbor girl who is "spirited". When I wanted to finish this one she just got sick of it and wouldn't let me finish the lips. Any tips on how to get them to sit for that last little bit when they don't want to anymore? Just curious what you might do or say. I just let her be and didn't finish.

Model gave up before I was done..LOL Fp_ang10
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Model gave up before I was done..LOL Empty Re: Model gave up before I was done..LOL

Post by Daizy Sat May 14, 2011 12:05 am

My girls are bribed with glitter. They don't get any on until the very last step.
My girls are still young enough that I can also bribe them with something we are going to do later, like you can help me cook dinner, or have an extra story at bed time.
There have been a few times when they really have given up, often getting the photo is the hardest part. I have had to delete a few too many photos where you can see the paint washing away with the tears.
Daizy
Daizy

Number of posts : 860
Registration date : 2010-09-02

http://www.daizydesign.com

Back to top Go down

Model gave up before I was done..LOL Empty Re: Model gave up before I was done..LOL

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 12:07 am

If they are the customer... they are done when they say. No point in arguing if they want it to stop. And lips are optional... I went years and years without doing them, and even now if I need to be speedy I skip them.

I don't paint kids that start off not wanting to cooperate - I tell them I won't paint them unless the sit still and let me finish. Sometimes it works... and there are some that can only manage a couple minutes, then they just can't stand it. I try to work fast but there have been quite a few unfinished "what it it"s wandering around over the years.

HOWEVER, when they are modeling for me, that's a different story. It is made clear that I am painting them for a photo shoot and that they have to let me paint it my way and finish it.

It usually works - they like the fact that the photos of THEM may end up in a magazine or book. Doesn't always work... but most of the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8ful Sat May 14, 2011 12:22 am

Shannon Fennell wrote:HOWEVER, when they are modeling for me, that's a different story. It is made clear that I am painting them for a photo shoot and that they have to let me paint it my way and finish it

I will try that Shannon. Thank you. I am pretty big on respecting kids (well everyone really til given reason not to) so when it was clear she really didn't want to sit still anymore I let it be even though I maybe had 30 seconds left to do. And Daizy, I never thought about using glitter as a "bribe". That's worth a try too. Thank you!!

I am fortunate that as our area's school bus driver I have ample models begging for me to practice on them but this little one is special to me because so many labelled her as the "bad" kid even @ 4 yrs old. I don't believe that kids should be ostracized like that and try really hard to let them all know that they are appreciated for who they are on the inside, not what their behaviour might be like on any given day. Behaviour is often the result of external circumstances IMHO. As for the outside appearance, who really gives a crap because it's not the outside that counts.
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down