Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feeling very intimidated by your talent

+21
DeannaB
IamGinaW
Sweet Loretta
Jenlarouge
ChangingFaceDesigns
barbb919
wmeventservices
JBax
Psalmbook
Ashley Pickin
michellesfantasyfaces
Perry Noia
Criss
Tra
Mandi from Tazzie
anramire2
eva
tanyamaldo119
Tash
Mehndi Masala
Gr8ful
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Feeling very intimidated by your talent - Page 2 Empty Re: Feeling very intimidated by your talent

Post by Gr8ful Thu May 05, 2011 12:24 am

I am so grateful to all of you. Thank you.
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Feeling very intimidated by your talent - Page 2 Empty Re: Feeling very intimidated by your talent

Post by Psalmbook Thu May 05, 2011 4:31 pm

Great advice Whitney! I love your mama!
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangingFaceDesigns Thu May 05, 2011 6:07 pm

Not everyone will be able to paint everything. I mean really if you could they need to build a FP shrine in your honor...lolol Plus there are somethings you are just not gonna have an interest in painting anyway.

Like for me I have absolutely no desire to do gorish designs...won't even attempt them. My limit on that would maybe be a ghostly looking figure or a typical mummy and I might paint something to look like a scratch or scrap but that's it. I don't do the really crazy looking eyeball hanging, guts/brains showing monsters either. It's just not my taste. So I don't condemn myself for not being good at doing them.

If you are thinking you have to be able to paint everything under the sun to be considered a good artist you will drive yourself batty.

Find what you like best to do and go with that
ChangingFaceDesigns
ChangingFaceDesigns

Number of posts : 1559
Registration date : 2010-04-20

http://www.changingfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8ful Thu May 05, 2011 6:11 pm

Here's some practicing that I am sure I will regret posting later but for now would like to show.

Feeling very intimidated by your talent - Page 2 May_5_11

Feeling very intimidated by your talent - Page 2 May_5_10
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Back to top Go down

Post by Tra Thu May 05, 2011 6:40 pm

those are great and really pretty flowers!!! love the lil guy just too cute!
Tra
Tra

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by wmeventservices Thu May 05, 2011 6:52 pm

The practice looks great!
wmeventservices
wmeventservices

Number of posts : 2132
Registration date : 2009-09-03

http://www.Art-Z-Faces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenlarouge Thu May 05, 2011 7:30 pm

LOVE the Eeyore!
Jenlarouge
Jenlarouge

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2011-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8ful Thu May 05, 2011 7:52 pm

Thank you. I appreciate the feedback. Very Happy
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Loretta Mon May 09, 2011 12:12 pm

Face painting is an entertainment business. If people get out of your chair and are happy, and have been happily entertained, then you did a great job. Period no comparing.

And while I call my business (and was the first in the USA to do so - "Face Art" - really it's not always art, but most often craft.

You just get better with time. And we all paint differently there is beauty in that, in the differing styles.
Sweet Loretta
Sweet Loretta

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.sweet-loretta.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi from Tazzie Mon May 09, 2011 7:31 pm

Well said Whitney & Changing. I've really taken on board what you both have said.

Super practicing gr8ful love eeyore
Mandi from Tazzie
Mandi from Tazzie

Number of posts : 1826
Registration date : 2010-04-03

http://www.mandifacepaintingsupplies.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8ful Mon May 09, 2011 8:44 pm

Sweet Loretta wrote:Face painting is an entertainment business. If people get out of your chair and are happy, and have been happily entertained, then you did a great job. Period no comparing.

You are absolutely correct Sweet Loretta. The biggest lesson I have learned out of my uncertainty here and all the feedback is that I was defining myself by what I wasn't rather than what I am and will become. That is a lesson that has actually transformed my life yet again. It was an "aha!" moment for me and I am so grateful that I have such wonderful new aquaintences that will hopefully become good friends as well. flower
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehndi Masala Mon May 09, 2011 11:29 pm

Like button!!
Mehndi Masala
Mehndi Masala

Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2010-12-04

http://www.winnipeghenna.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IamGinaW Tue May 10, 2011 1:17 am

I agree with everyone else. They've already said what I would have said, but add me to the list of feeling that way all the time! Ok, well I bounce back and forth. I think realistically, I'm somewhere like "better than average" for a face painter. Of course you have to remember that the painters on this forum that post pictures are all in the top tier of what is out there!!! My friend just told me she had to warn her daughter not to say anything rude after she got face painted by some "artsy" teenagers at the school BBQ. She told her daughter "remember that yesterday you were painted by a PROFESSIONAL face painter."
IamGinaW
IamGinaW

Number of posts : 1626
Registration date : 2010-09-15

http://facesbygina.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DeannaB Fri May 13, 2011 9:56 pm

Gr8ful wrote:Here's some practicing that I am sure I will regret posting later but for now would like to show.

LOL - I've been painting for years and your roses beat the pants off mine... LOL

I hate my roses - and have vowed to practice and perfect them in 2011. I've got a long way to go.

[img]Feeling very intimidated by your talent - Page 2 Smallt10[/img]
DeannaB
DeannaB

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-03-03

http://www.darlingdesigns-fp.com

Back to top Go down

Post by terntam Sun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm

Wow! I feel like that all the time on this site, but I just love all the inspiration I get to try harder, to try new designs, and all the great advice!!
terntam
terntam

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8ful Sun May 15, 2011 8:29 pm

I respectfully disagree, but thank you DeannaB. That design looks lovely to me. flower
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Back to top Go down

Post by Evelyn Sun May 15, 2011 10:40 pm

Hi Gr8tful

I also feel some times that I don't do as well as I wish I could but this time for you (and for me) is not the destination, but a step of the journey, and should be enJOYed!!!

I also teach oil painting as a Bob Ross "happy little trees? artist on PBS and Bob Ross has said on TV many times that he hopes people are plagued by some dissatisfaction all their lives,as it makes you work harder and improve. It is true. So moderately enjoy where you are and know that this time next year you will have improved so much. Maybe you will even jot a short note to those who are going to be new a year from now and encourage them.

Peace and Blessings
Evelyn

Laughing

Evelyn

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by totorocks Wed May 18, 2011 11:06 am

Just read your posts,..and to gr8ful...yes I feel the same way too. I am still learning and with the help of my sister who is a painter, and lotsa inspiration from here and video's.
If you are on fb,..you can send friend request , maybe we can inspire one another for more confidence and share ideas!
Have a great day
totorocks
totorocks

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-02-03

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=767068254

Back to top Go down

Post by totorocks Wed May 18, 2011 11:24 am

okay so here is my latest painting, and did it under 3 minutes!!
woo hoo...feedback anyone?....could use some feedback for a newbie...thx

Feeling very intimidated by your talent - Page 2 Sponge11
totorocks
totorocks

Back to top Go down

Post by cc Wed May 18, 2011 11:39 am

Nicely done Mary! Nothing "newbie" bout that! Like how you placed the "highlights".
cc
cc

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2010-09-15

http://www.fabagaba.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8ful Wed May 18, 2011 12:28 pm

Wow! Very nice work Mary, and yes I am on fb so feel free to add me. Very Happy
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Back to top Go down

Post by totorocks Wed May 18, 2011 5:16 pm

Thanks so much for the nice compliments, you guys ROCK, ...CC and gr8ful.....I will be happy to add you or any others on facebook.com.....Have a great day!! cheers
totorocks
totorocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2