Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AUSSIES!! What brushes do you use/recommend?

+3
Mandi from Tazzie
Tash
Beans
7 posters

Go down

AUSSIES!! What brushes do you use/recommend? Empty AUSSIES!! What brushes do you use/recommend?

Post by Beans Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:20 am

I have an array of brushes but I got my last lot of majestic rounds from sillyfarm (not readily available) and I was wondering what do you use and recommend thats durable, gives great results and is available locally?
I've not bought from the forum shop as i dont think they ship outside the US?
Beans
Beans

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2011-03-09

http://www.madeupbyleona.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

AUSSIES!! What brushes do you use/recommend? Empty Re: AUSSIES!! What brushes do you use/recommend?

Post by Tash Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:30 pm

Metina will ship to you - you just need to find out how much extra after you have put your order in - she's very reasonable.
If I'm buying from my art store I buy Frenchville - but at like $10.95 a brush - I don't have too many - but what I do have I love.
Th cheap alternative is Artworks they have a blue handle and look cheap but last really well...... hmmmm there is another brand I use that has white bristles but I can't remember the name - I'll have to go and look for you
Tash
Tash

Number of posts : 1883
Registration date : 2010-01-04

http://faceartbytash.com/

Back to top Go down

AUSSIES!! What brushes do you use/recommend? Empty Re: AUSSIES!! What brushes do you use/recommend?

Post by Mandi from Tazzie Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:31 pm

I too have used francheville brushes that I brought in Sydney at an art shop. That was quite a few years ago now, as i now live in Tasmania & the selection here is dismal. I've been using the francheville brushes for 4 years heavy use & only now have brought new brushes. I too brought majestic & also Mark Reid signature brushes from Sillyfarm, which I'm very happy with. I know Amy Grigg www.amygrigg.com.au & www.alwayswickedart.com.au sells quality brushes as well. I was very keen to try the Mark Reid ones.
Mandi from Tazzie
Mandi from Tazzie

Number of posts : 1826
Registration date : 2010-04-03

http://www.mandifacepaintingsupplies.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Tash Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:59 pm

The brand name I was looking for is NEEF, they have white bristles and maroon handles. They are the best medium priced allrounders.
I like to see how long I can keep the bristles looking white... ( it's not long hahaha)
Most of the brushes I own are NEEF.
Hey Mandie my Frenchvilles are still going strong too... I seriously love them, just don't love the price... they are hard to clean too because they hold so much paint.
Tash
Tash

Number of posts : 1883
Registration date : 2010-01-04

http://faceartbytash.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi from Tazzie Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:59 pm

Tash wrote:Hey Mandie my Frenchvilles are still going strong too... I seriously love them, just don't love the price... they are hard to clean too because they hold so much paint.
me too Tash as for price geez it was sooooo many years ago that I brought them I think they ranged from $4 - $8 ea. I haven't seen them down here in Tazzie though Sad
Mandi from Tazzie
Mandi from Tazzie

Number of posts : 1826
Registration date : 2010-04-03

http://www.mandifacepaintingsupplies.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by JBM Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:27 pm

I'm a big fan of Amy Grigg cause its a one stop shop with fast shipping and I always seem to purchase at the last minute. She has a great selection of brushes. I'm absolutely loving my lowel cornells, but also for flats she has packets of 3 sizes Royal Crafters Choice which are cheap. And I have a few franchevilles from spotlight that I got cause they were really cheap that day and have been stoked with them. I've only been at it since Nov though so can't weigh in about how long they last just how well they work Smile I have a few Roymac but I'm not so into them - luckily they were a gift as the are not cheap..
JBM
JBM

Number of posts : 629
Registration date : 2010-10-18

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Henna-by-Riana/149537191765171?ref

Back to top Go down

Post by Beans Mon May 16, 2011 7:59 am

Thanks guys! I'll have a look in the forum shop and locally and see what takes me!
Beans
Beans

Back to top Go down

Post by RoseVH Mon May 16, 2011 11:52 pm

Hello fellow Aussies, I was actually thinking of posting a question for Aussies as to where you buy your paints, seeing as Beans is already asking about brushes....can I add to the questions?? Do you go overseas or buy locally for your paints?? I have only ever used Derivan! So was thinking of branching out and using maybe Wolfe bros?? But where to buy for best price?? !!

RoseVH

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2011-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Beans Tue May 17, 2011 2:59 am

When I started Make-upprofessionally in Melbourne only Kryolan was available to me locally as a stage option. I used a variety of regular lines for cosmetics. I still love Kryolan now having tried other brands but I use Wolfe and TAG for OOMPF! If I were you I would go to TAG from Derivan. I haven't bought from the forum shop but I hear Metina packs a great deal!
Beans
Beans

Back to top Go down

Post by Netsirk1976 Tue May 17, 2011 4:22 am

You can purchase TAG locally, just check their website
Netsirk1976
Netsirk1976

Registration date : 2010-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachymango Tue May 17, 2011 6:20 am

My favorite brushes are my RoyMac golden sables and I have someWestart brushes
Paints I buy from Spectrum face and body art and Kool4kats. Both in South Australia. Have bought Grimas paints from Kool4kats Tag mostly from Spectrum used to buy DFX from there also but they no longer stock it. Wolfe from Sillyfarm. I just bought some Artycakes from there. I got 15 different ones so recieved a pallette case with them. I also got some Wolfe Including postage it came to A$250 I got mine sent to my daughters because they wont post to a P.O. box Number.
Peachymango
Peachymango

Number of posts : 647
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down