Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

which short bristle liner brush would you recommend

4 posters

Go down

which short bristle liner brush would you recommend   Empty which short bristle liner brush would you recommend

Post by Snazzy12 Wed May 18, 2016 12:03 pm

Hello Pro Face Painters,

I have a couple of brush questions and thought I would put them in all in one post.

1 - I need a short bristle liner because my outlining isnt a
s good as it could be. I ve been using very thin longer ones, but it doesnt neat.'

2 - If you used th÷ loew C. 7000C brushes, can you tell me if you like them for outlining.

3 - Do you have any suggestions for improving your outlining skills nesides practicing

Thank you,
karen

3 -

Snazzy12

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2015-10-20

Back to top Go down

which short bristle liner brush would you recommend   Empty Re: which short bristle liner brush would you recommend

Post by PixiePaintrix Wed May 18, 2016 3:34 pm

Practise is your number one tool for improving. There are no short cuts around that.

I use Loew C 7000C, 795 (yellow handle) and the new Paint Pal round brushes. So far the yellow handle are my fav, but not by much.
PixiePaintrix
PixiePaintrix

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2014-01-13

http://www.pixiedustpirates.com

Back to top Go down

which short bristle liner brush would you recommend   Empty Re: which short bristle liner brush would you recommend

Post by anniel Wed May 18, 2016 3:37 pm

Cheap Joe's has a very "millers" (their brand) short pseudo sable liner that I got as a sample that has been a go to for me since I got it...warning, though, because it is so short, you get a lot of control, but not a lot of paint.
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Wed May 18, 2016 9:27 pm

besides practice, i have found the right paint, and a fairly stiff brush with a good point is essential.  and you are right, you need a shorter bristle brush for better control.

i assume you are using one of the paraffin based paints for outlining - wolfe, tag, dfx, cameleon, or regular kryvaline?

i.e. you can practice all you want with snazaroo and a blunt tip brush and..nope.

p.s. one trick i have found that helps with outlining is to break up the line into shorter segments, usually around specific parts of the design - for example, on a dolphin, use separate outline strokes on head, back, fins, tail flukes, stomach, chin.

it's easier to get a smooth line when it's shorter, because it minimizes the chance the child or your hand will move and cause a squiggle.

shorter strokes give a more impressionist look, so you have to be the kind of person who likes that Smile

also, some face painters recommend resting the pinky finger of your brush hand against the person's skin to create a stabilizing effect.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Snazzy12 Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:49 pm

THANK YOU ALL

Snazzy12

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2015-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down