Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone do regular gigs at Indoor Playgrounds, skating rinks etc?

5 posters

Go down

Anyone do regular gigs at Indoor Playgrounds, skating rinks etc? Empty Anyone do regular gigs at Indoor Playgrounds, skating rinks etc?

Post by MichelleLA Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:55 pm

There are a few venues not to far from where I live where I would like to pitch my face painting services to hopefully become a preferred provider for their party services.

Does anyone have experience with this type of semi-regular gig?

How do you handle availability in terms of you want to be their go-to person, but also want to be available for private, individual parties if they get booked first -- how would you phrase this issue and encourage early bookings?

Do you offer a reduced rate if they will "list you first" or book you X times per month? Would the business expect a "cut" or would they "mark up" your services? Do you get paid by the venue or the actual customer?

What am I missing? Is there a downside to these relationships?

I really don't like driving or traffic, so I'd love to establish ongoing relationships with these businesses that are in a 10 miles radius of where I live so any pointers would be much appreciated.
MichelleLA
MichelleLA

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

Anyone do regular gigs at Indoor Playgrounds, skating rinks etc? Empty Re: Anyone do regular gigs at Indoor Playgrounds, skating rinks etc?

Post by MichelleLA Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:10 pm

anyone?
MichelleLA
MichelleLA

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

Anyone do regular gigs at Indoor Playgrounds, skating rinks etc? Empty Re: Anyone do regular gigs at Indoor Playgrounds, skating rinks etc?

Post by WickedBA Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:29 pm

I have a gig at a local family fun center and a fellow FP'er and I rotate gigs at another. The deal I have worked out at both is a % split. one I set up and is 70/30 the other my friend set up and is 50/50. It was made clear at both places that it is just an off season thing. I live in an area where it snows so winter is their busy time and they slow down in the summer. I am usually there for the busy times of the day 1-4 on Saturdays. I make good money painting on the weekend. I have also had one place "up sell" me for a parties. I lowered my hourly rate by 15% because i was already "partnered" with the party place. The did not get a cut or up my rate. Them being able of offer my services and to better please there customer makes them look that much better. It gets hard thought. Many of the parties book at those places are last minuet so it is just about availability. And if you already have a party then you have nothing to worry about. I will try to see if the late booker is flexible and if not I refer them to my friend to see if she is available. As far as being ther "go-to-girl" just be fun, and professional and do what you do best- Face paint. That will speak for it self. Once they see how happy your (their) clients are you will be in!
WickedBA
WickedBA

Number of posts : 373
Registration date : 2010-10-21

http://WickedBodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by barbb919 Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:32 pm

Hi Michelle barb from the vegas convention..I to was wondering about the skating rings..I paint a 2 restraunts I just went in took my pictures and asked to speak to the mgr..they were both very excited to get me..Its not at my full rate but I make good contacts and get a free meal for me and my husband..I have gotten several parties from these.
barbb919
barbb919

Number of posts : 2109
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://tappysfacepainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracalla Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:26 am

We do the skating rink in Ellenton, FL which is where our pairs Olypmic skaters are from that went to the most recent Olympics. I have to admit I did get the hookup there because my sisters kids are very involved with the club.

I do offer a somewhat discounted rate, and paint and do balloons there. I charger PPF to paint and the hourly rate goes towards my husband doing the balloons. They also allow us to accept tips. Depending on the circumstance we donate some tips back to the club, usually for charity events they are hosting.

To me skating rinks are awesome. They already have tables and chairs so I only need to bring my directors chair, face paint and balloons. Also, it's nice and cool inside so the faces don't get ruined and the balloons don't pop.
Tracalla
Tracalla

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-06-25

http://drdrumtastickentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:04 am

To get your foot in the door, you might start with just special events for them if they are uneasy with a regular thing.... but in any case, you're probably going to do a slightly reduced rate and I'd take it for the great exposure of the perfect demographic myself. I'll be doing my second year at an annual fundraiser event at an indoor play place and I've had a lot of people tell me they saw me there. i know at least at this place, they don't want balloons because they allow very young kids into the play structures and they don't want pieces of broken balloons around, but a roller rink would be different.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down