Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

skating rinks and the birthday party

4 posters

Go down

skating rinks and the birthday party Empty skating rinks and the birthday party

Post by kat Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:20 am

Things to remember:

#1 - don't forget to eat when you've taken cold meds that make you so jittery that your hands tremble.
#2 - don't tell your Grandmother that you need to leave an hour early. She will find a thousand and one things for you to do before you make the 45 minute trek home - which pushes you to the limit in time.
(we of the South have a saying, "Bless her soul.", which can mean a variety of things... ahem)
#3 - have a written list of items that you are going to need to take with you for face painting. Then, of course, remember where you placed that list! (oy, vey)
#4 - don't listen to your husband when he PROMISES that the shortcut that he's given you is guaranteed to get you there on time. (remember that this is the same man that took a junction (while you were sleeping) and you ended up in Asheville, NC instead of the small town in TN that you live in. I shudder to think of where we would have ended up if I hadn't awoke!!!!) affraid
#5 - don't forget paper towels.
#6 - skating causes children to sweat! Guess what that does to face paint! laugh
#7 - next time, remember to take the battery out of the charger and put it in your camera before leaving the house with the camera!

I'm ill, that's my excuse for all the above and I'm sticking too it! Suspect

Other than that, we had a fabulous time.
My cousin had a wonderful birthday, kids were lined up to have their faces painted, and I found out that I really, REALLY enjoy this!

I borrowed someones (from here, I think) snake that curls over the face, going in and out of the skin.
I used the different sized pouncers shamelessly to create little tiaras, bracelets, the base for peace signs, and more.
Lightening bolts/other cheek art, snakes, horns, and flames/with their name at the base of the flames were popular for the boys.
Crowns/tiaras, peace signs (a variety), rainbows/clouds, rainbows with names on them, swishes/swirls with rainbow bases, Valentine's hearts 'n such were the most popular for the girls.

Being new, I had to limit myself to the above so that it would go quickly.

One little boy had both sleeves rolled up and a pants leg so that everyone could see his paintings... too funny.
And though I mentioned that they were sweaty, I didn't paint most of them until after skating was over - and they had an opportunity to cool down. (which helped tremendously!)

I had thought that the local skating rinks would be a good place to promote neon paints. (lots of kids, plus tons of blacklights) Unfortunately, I think the sweating that skating promotes wouldn't bode well for face paint.

Have a great day!
kat

kat
kat

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://www.katsfacesandmore.com

Back to top Go down

skating rinks and the birthday party Empty Re: skating rinks and the birthday party

Post by IamGinaW Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:14 pm

I'm glad it went well (over all)!

The part about don't forget to eat is very important! ...and I learned the hard way not to drink an energy drink before FP because it causes my hand to shake.
IamGinaW
IamGinaW

Number of posts : 1626
Registration date : 2010-09-15

http://facesbygina.com

Back to top Go down

skating rinks and the birthday party Empty Re: skating rinks and the birthday party

Post by maggie Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:18 pm

Hi Kat, glad that besides all the obstacles you had the party went well Smile
It's a bummer that you couldn't take pictures.

maggie
maggie

Number of posts : 2677
Registration date : 2010-11-27

http://www.maggieplummerfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IamGinaW Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:22 pm

I never get pictures. I honestly don't know how to do that (other than having someone else there in charge of that but I never do. I'm so busy painting, I can't just stop and get photos of each one, plus the parents' permission. I have emailed the parents after a party to ask if I can get photos and I've told them that if they want to send me a picture (my email is on the card) I can make their kid "famous" on my website.
IamGinaW
IamGinaW

Number of posts : 1626
Registration date : 2010-09-15

http://facesbygina.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:33 pm

Sounds like a great time despite a few setbacks! I'm not sure how to fix the sweating problem. I know that's an issue at clubs with the neons but the people get painted anyway...
Starblends or a Ben Nye Lumiere Palette would help. You use a smoothie & put the powder base on & then use your paint for the linework.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down